Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Scream Factory/Shout Factory (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9717-scream-factory-shout-factory.html)

Susan Foreman 20th October 2020 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 638135)
Has anyone watched cut gore footage from part two yet?????.

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th October 2020 08:47 AM

The missing footage needs to be reinserted. It would make Part 2 a genuine 5 star slasher movie.

Come on someone. Please add this footage and release a definitive F13TH box set. ;)

Rob4 20th October 2020 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 638203)
The missing footage needs to be reinserted. It would make Part 2 a genuine 5 star slasher movie.

Come on someone. Please add this footage and release a definitive F13TH box set. ;)

The quality of the footage is not very good and would really jar you out of the movie. But given that this is the best quality available I agree they should have done a composite cut even if its just to show what might have been.

Practically every Ft13 film has been compromised by the mpaa. Some of the footage for the other parts looks quite strong. Doesn't look like there'd be that much of a quality jump for Part IV for instance. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYDS9kgpBt0

I find it slightly irritating that directors/studios when doing this trade off with the mpaa weren't more diligent in keeping the snippets of original negative from the mandated cuts.

MuckyFunster 20th October 2020 11:17 AM

There are a few kill scenes in the arrow DVD release of Silent Night Deadly Night where the picture quality changes quite a bit. I figure they must’ve been cut at some point (...?). Doesn’t detract for me, at least. I’m surprised SF didn’t splice the uncut footage back into the film! Missed opportunity for sure, and defo a point that would annoy some buyers, especially following their lengthy press release where they excitedly announced that they’d discovered the footage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 20th October 2020 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 638129)
From Melon Farmers

"Cut for an MPAA R Rating. This version was passed X for 1982 cinema release but further cuts were required by the BBFC for 1987 18 rated VHS. The BBFC video cuts were waived for 2001 18 rated DVD and 2009 15 rated Blu-ray and are the same as cut US R rated releases."

There's no indication so far that the new release is any different.

The eyeball popping scene seemed a bit more graphic.....maybe not.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st October 2020 07:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
:loveeyes:

Susan Foreman 9th November 2020 06:23 PM

***New MY BLOODY VALENTINE: 40th Anniversary NECA Action Figure + Blu-ray Steelbook with Lithograph***

Here's something fun to start the day off with bloody good cheer! We are releasing a new MY BLOODY VALENTINE Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray with an Exclusive Action Figure and Lithograph. Coming soon to fill your hearts on February 9th!

For the first time ever in action figure form, we are offering an exclusive 8” tall action figure by NECA - N.E.C.A of "The Miner" in retro-style box packaging. Featuring two accessories, a pickaxe and a heart in a box, this figure is limited to 4,000 units, so "axe" fast!

Also while supplies last, we are also offering up an exclusive, limited edition Blu-ray Steelbook release and a 28.5” x 16.5” rolled lithograph — both made exclusively for this promotion — that features newly-designed artwork from artist Orlando Arocena. The Steelbooks and Lithos are limited to 5,000 pieces. (Note: Content in the Steelbook is the same as our prior Blu-ray release. Region A.)

Don't get your heart broken—pre-order this deluxe set NOW @ Shout Factory direct - $68.97

Notes:
- The Steelbook and figure can be purchased individually on our site, but the limited lithograph is exclusive to this bundle.
- The Steelbook (sans litho & action figure) will also be made available to national retailers in the U.S. & Canada.

Bonus Features
DISC ONE: THEATRICAL VERSION
  • 4K Scan Of The Original Camera Negative
  • An Anemic Valentine – An Interview With Director George Mihalka
  • From The Heart – An Interview With Actor Paul Kelman
  • Friends Of Mine – An Interview With Actress Lori Hallier
  • Axel, Be My Valentine – An Interview With Actor Neil Affleck
  • Becoming Sylvia – An Interview With Actress Helene Udy
  • The Secret Keeper – An Interview With Actor Rob Stein
  • Broken Hearts And Broken Bones – An Interview With Special Makeup Effects Designer Tom Burman
  • Holes In The Heart – A Look At The Difference Between The Theatrical Version And The Uncut Version
  • Original Theatrical Trailer
  • Original TV Spots
  • Original Radio Spots
  • Still Gallery

DISC TWO: UNCUT VERSION
  • 4K Scan Of The Uncut Original Camera Negative
  • Audio Commentary With Director George Mihalka
  • MY BLOODY VALENTINE 35th Anniversary Cast Reunion Panel At The Bay Of Blood Convention In Florida Featuring Director George Mihalka, Cast Members Lori Hallier, Helene Udy, Rob Stein, Peter Cowper, Thomas Kovacs, Jim Murchison, Alf Humphreys, And Hosted By Brian Singleton
  • Thomas Kovacs Performs “The Ballad Of Harry Warden” At The Bay Of Blood Convention With Peter Cowper And Jim Murchison

marvinnashsear 18th November 2020 02:48 AM

Just got an email saying my Friday the 13th replacement discs have been approved. Thank Christ cos I was sure I'd done something wrong when I applied.

MacBlayne 18th November 2020 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvinnashsear (Post 640453)
Just got an email saying my Friday the 13th replacement discs have been approved. Thank Christ cos I was sure I'd done something wrong when I applied.

I just got my email too. I've only watched up to Part 8, since I want to see the proper versions.

That said, I bloody hate Part 9.

Susan Foreman 18th November 2020 05:18 AM