Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Scream Factory/Shout Factory (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9717-scream-factory-shout-factory.html)

Boo Radley 13th February 2014 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smagmata (Post 392245)
Pretty excited about this Nightbreed release.

Sidenote: Am I the only one that almost always (85%) prefers the new SF art? I love the styles personally...

Yes. Yes you are....:laugh::laugh:

Stephen@Cult Labs 13th February 2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Sidenote: Am I the only one that almost always (85%) prefers the new SF art? I love the styles personally...

I think so. I don't dislike any of their new art, but I always turn the covers around to the original art.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 13th February 2014 10:48 PM

Quote:

I do like a few of their covers, but they have the annoying habit of seemingly being obsessed with depicting 'floating heads' on a lot of their covers or trying to cram as much stuff on there as humanly possibly. Sometimes less is more.

unrealbe 14th February 2014 11:30 AM

so i finally got a region free bluray player. What SF essentials do I need to grab (and where?)
thanks

Stephen@Cult Labs 14th February 2014 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unrealbe (Post 392392)
so i finally got a region free bluray player. What SF essentials do I need to grab (and where?)

thanks

Prince Of Darkness, Halloween II & III, Phantasm II, They Live, Ninja III: The Domination, The Howling, The Fog, The Burning, hell most of their titles are essential. Cheapest place to get them could be Amazon marketplace sellers.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th February 2014 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unrealbe (Post 392392)
thanks

It's all subjective and depends on what films you like, but my choices would be:

- Halloween III: Season of the Witch
- Humanoids from the Deep (Shout Factory)
- Prince of Darkness

The Burning is probably also worth picking up too, however there is also an Aussie Region B BD of this one.

Some of SF's titles are also region free (A Boy and His Dog, Dirty Mary/Crazy Larry, Q The Winged Serpent, The Vampire Lovers).

Like Stephen says, Amazon marketplace is probably your best bet - all your music and Movie Mars are two of the best merchants on there for SF titles.

unrealbe 14th February 2014 12:32 PM

amazon.com right? I got a really nice looking dvd of phantasm II so probably not gonna upgrade that anytime soon

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th February 2014 12:52 PM

As I see that you're in Belgium, amazon.co.uk may be cheaper - especially where shipping is concerned.

keirarts 14th February 2014 04:27 PM

Race with the devil / dirty mary crazy larry is an essential buy on Blu-ray.

Amazon.co.uk market place is the way to go. Every so often the price just plummets. Some of their stuff like eve of destruction is under a tenner.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th February 2014 04:45 PM

Crawlspace is currently under £9 if anyone is interested.