Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Scream Factory/Shout Factory (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9717-scream-factory-shout-factory.html)

sjconstable 12th February 2014 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 392181)
If anything the Cabal Cut should be a bonus feature at most, but considering how rare it is to ever see a Workprint get an official release, I think it's unlikely.
Maybe we'll see the extra scenes as a deleted scenes bonus feature maybe.

Not including German releases, the only officially eleased complete work prints I can think of are Blade Runner, in a 5 or 3 disc set with other cuts, and Intruder, which was a limited DVD-R with the blu ray if I'm right.

Yeah, and Alien 3 could possibly count too.

Rik 12th February 2014 10:37 PM

And it will no doubt have shitty artwork too, in fact my 2 year old nephew was telling me the other day that he'd been asked to scribble a picture for it :lol:

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th February 2014 10:54 PM

Wow, a shitty Scream Factory artwork comment from Rik. You almost NEVER see that. :tongue1:

J Harker 12th February 2014 11:38 PM

Quote:

If anything the Cabal Cut should be a bonus feature at most, but considering how rare it is to ever see a Workprint get an official release, I think it's unlikely.

Not including German releases, the only officially eleased complete work prints I can think of are Blade Runner, in a 5 or 3 disc set with other cuts, and Intruder, which was a limited DVD-R with the blu ray if I'm right.

I may be wrong (it's upstairs and it's a bit late to go and check) but I'm pretty sure the US Ltd Edition of Richard Stanley's Dust Devil contains a workprint.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 13th February 2014 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 392194)
I may be wrong (it's upstairs and it's a bit late to go and check) but I'm pretty sure the US Ltd Edition of Richard Stanley's Dust Devil contains a workprint.

It does. :nod:

Rik 13th February 2014 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 392189)
Wow, a shitty Scream Factory artwork comment from Rik. You almost NEVER see that. :tongue1:

Almost as predictable as their awful artwork choices :tongue1:

Rik 13th February 2014 10:42 AM

I do like this one though ;)

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/...68116027_n.jpg

SilverGunnar Hansen 13th February 2014 01:45 PM

Quote:

I definitely think a new Director's Cut is welcome - quality of the footage aside, the Cabal Cut really dragged, I'd say only half of the new scenes were worthwhile. I've always enjoyed the theatrical cut fine though.

Smagmata 13th February 2014 03:06 PM

Pretty excited about this Nightbreed release.

Sidenote: Am I the only one that almost always (85%) prefers the new SF art? I love the styles personally...

Vampix 13th February 2014 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasteropod (Post 392180)
An assembly cut is no way to watch a film, it's not how Barker would have released it originally if he'd had his way, so Scream Factory releasing a new director's cut is absolutely the right thing to do.

I agree. If it has Clive Barker's seal of approval then I'm happy with that. After all, he's the director and knows what he wants in the final version of his film. I can do without padding that Barker would've trimmed away so the film could flow as he originally wanted. :nod: