Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Scream Factory/Shout Factory (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9717-scream-factory-shout-factory.html)

Vampix 13th March 2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 322986)
Here's the reverse artwork for Scream Factory's BD of The Burning. Stephen is a VERY happy bunny. :D

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/21/4a4yqa5y.jpg

If it wasn't for the image of Cropsey standing over the couple in the water with his shears held aloft, this could pass for the cover of a Mills & Boon novel. :D

PaulD 13th March 2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 327746)
As I thought then. Thank you. Going to have to consider picking up a multi region player sooner or later. I have this weird aversion to non uk discs though. Don't know why. Feel like even if I import I will inevitably want to buy the uk release if and when it's released. Am I alone?

I tend to prefer US releases if only for the fact the blurays cases are slimmer and more space-saving.

Rik 13th March 2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 327747)
If it wasn't for the image of Cropsey standing over the couple in the water with his shears held aloft, this could pass for the cover of a Mills & Boon novel. :D

Great minds and all that ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 311683)
Anyone else think this looks like a cover for a Mills & Boon book, The Burning Loins :lol:
Still better than the other artwork :eek:

J Harker 13th March 2013 10:29 PM

The artwork on a lot of US releases looks much nicer than we get over here. I've had a multi region dvd player for years but only ever imported two discs and bought a handful on a trip to NYC a few years back. Don't know what it is, I just find I'd rather wait for a uk release.

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th March 2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 324936)
What's the opinion...?

Awful !

If you took the words away its doubtful i'd know what film it was supposed to be.

I don't like many of these covers so i guess its the artist i have a problem with.

Daemonia 14th March 2013 12:35 AM

I really need to get up on all this region coding malarkey.

keirarts 14th March 2013 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 327751)
The artwork on a lot of US releases looks much nicer than we get over here. I've had a multi region dvd player for years but only ever imported two discs and bought a handful on a trip to NYC a few years back. Don't know what it is, I just find I'd rather wait for a uk release.

As long as the discs are similar in terms of content and quality I ALWAYS go for a UK release as i'd much rather put the cash into the ailing uk economy, especially when companys like second sight are making real efforts to deliver the goods in terms of quality releases.
If the US releases are significantly better then I go for them.

Slippery Jack 14th March 2013 07:57 AM

Has Cropsey cut off his own head there :confused: . . .

Hawkmonger 14th March 2013 08:24 AM

Loving that Howling art. It was an essential purchase anyway but what nice fresh art. :pop2:

J Harker 14th March 2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 327798)
As long as the discs are similar in terms of content and quality I ALWAYS go for a UK release as i'd much rather put the cash into the ailing uk economy, especially when companys like second sight are making real efforts to deliver the goods in terms of quality releases.
If the US releases are significantly better then I go for them.

I think it's something like that. If I support uk labels then they can release more titles. There is also something weird there though. Like I'm in the uk so I'm meant to buy a uk release. US discs aren't meant for me. Weird and silly I know.