Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Scream Factory/Shout Factory (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9717-scream-factory-shout-factory.html)

Rik 19th April 2013 03:43 PM

Both my kids love Harry Potter and by rights they could watch the Woman in Black (and Taken 2 etc.), but I wouldn't dream of letting them watch them, The Dark Knight Rises was as far as I was willing to go by taking my then 8 year old son, not before I'd asked members here whether or not there was any scenes maybe not suitable for him. Some parents are just plain stupid :crazy:

PaulD 19th April 2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 336670)
Both my kids love Harry Potter and by rights they could watch the Woman in Black (and Taken 2 etc.), but I wouldn't dream of letting them watch them, The Dark Knight Rises was as far as I was willing to go by taking my then 8 year old son, not before I'd asked members here whether or not there was any scenes maybe not suitable for him. Some parents are just plain stupid :crazy:

That's some good responsible parenting! It really annoys me when parents think 12A means they can take all kids regardless of age unaware that in that case the responsibility to check suitability falls squarely on them

pedromonkey 19th April 2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 336670)

that's good parenting, you researched whether or not and made a choice, i hope your kids enjoyed it. For me, i would have no problem allowing my kids to watch a movie like The Avengers or Harry Potter because those are made for younger audiences but something like The Woman In Black or Taken 2, they would have to wait until i'd made sure it was appropriate before hand.

I was in work the other night and this woman was with her 8/9 year old kid and she actually asked him if he wanted to watch ROBOCOP, i wanted to slap the bitch but that would mean losing my job, He turned it down and went for a Ben 10 dvd instead. A little common sense isn't hard to get, it's free.

Rik 19th April 2013 03:51 PM

Exactly, I waited a good couple of weeks until I had enough opinions on TDKR before we went to watch it

Hawkmonger 19th April 2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 336664)
Remember when movies just got the rating they got and that was the end of it?

Mr. Harker, you have my permision to win.

J Harker 19th April 2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 336689)
Mr. Harker, you have my permision to win.

Win??

Hawkmonger 19th April 2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 336691)
Win??

About the certification system. I frankely think it's silly to cut a film just to make it possible to view to a wider audience, just put it out as it is with any given certificate that is applicable.

Slippery Jack 19th April 2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 336693)
I frankely think it's silly to cut a film just to make it possible to view to a wider audience

Poor business sense there, Hawks. Those Hollywood Hills mansions, drugs n' hookers don't pay for themselves, y'know :rolleyes: . . .

Daemonia 20th April 2013 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 336622)
Hmm I don't know if I agree with that. To me, censoring something means not letting anyone see it, not cutting it to get a desired rating (unless the cuts are made to get it an 18 like Serbian Film etc which is different.)

Yeah, I can see what you're saying and it does create a grey area. But I still think that cutting, for any reason, is censorship in and of itself.

Criterion7 20th April 2013 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 336672)
that's good parenting, you researched whether or not and made a choice, i hope your kids enjoyed it. For me, i would have no problem allowing my kids to watch a movie like The Avengers or Harry Potter because those are made for younger audiences but something like The Woman In Black or Taken 2, they would have to wait until i'd made sure it was appropriate before hand.

I was in work the other night and this woman was with her 8/9 year old kid and she actually asked him if he wanted to watch ROBOCOP, i wanted to slap the bitch but that would mean losing my job, He turned it down and went for a Ben 10 dvd instead. A little common sense isn't hard to get, it's free.

My stepdad took me to see Texas Chainsaw Massacre at the drive-in when I was about 5 an it didn't affect me at all... bwahahahahahahahaha Not in the least.

Seriously, though I was way to young for that and there are age restrictions for a reason I do not think each child is on the same level.

9 year old with Ben 10..yeah thats not going last long.