Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1316Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th April 2024, 06:37 PM
Active Cultist

The Sacrament is vastly overrated.
If you know what happened at Jonestown then you will know everything that happens in this film to the point that you wont be susprised. Heck the only surprise was that they didn't call it jonestown as they already exploiting the incident.

Btw I always thought ruggero deodato got the idea for cannibal holocaust from the footage that was shot by the camerman during the senator's visit to Jonestown. Considering Richard Lynch played a member of the people's temple in Cut and Run makes me even more positive about this.
Old 19th April 2024, 06:46 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by will graham View Post
If you know what happened at Jonestown then you will know everything that happens in this film to the point that you wont be susprised. Heck the only surprise was that they didn't call it jonestown as they already exploiting the incident.

Btw I always thought ruggero deodato got the idea for cannibal holocaust from the footage that was shot by the camerman during the senator's visit to Jonestown. Considering Richard Lynch played a member of the people's temple in Cut and Run makes me even more positive about this.
It's also a quid in Cex and Music Magpie on dvd which is what it's worth.
Old 19th April 2024, 08:33 PM
Cult Addict

I really like The Sacrament. Wouldn't pay Second Sight prices for a blu though. Not even a standard edition. Found footage on blu seems a little unnecessary to me.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 19th April 2024, 10:09 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I really like The Sacrament. Wouldn't pay Second Sight prices for a blu though. Not even a standard edition. Found footage on blu seems a little unnecessary to me.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
I didn't mind it but it took an age for something to happen. I've only watched it once despite owning it years.

It's the least of Ti West's output for me.

I'd have probably bought a copy of The Roost has SS released it.

Like you say, J. Wouldn't pay SS prices for The Sacrament. It's the sort of thing that should be in 2 for 13 offers in HMV and Amazon.
Old 20th April 2024, 04:08 PM
Cult Addict

I've had both Borderlands and Sacrament on dvd for a few years, picked them both up really cheap from charity shops, never got round to watching either.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 20th April 2024, 05:01 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
I've had both Borderlands and Sacrament on dvd for a few years, picked them both up really cheap from charity shops, never got round to watching either.
If it helps i really rate The Borderlands. However it's a found footage film and really doesn't need to be on Blu.

I learned this the hard way when i bought The Blair Witch Project on Blu and it looked just the same as my old US Artisan dvd.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 20th April 2024, 05:11 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:

A good release of Cut and Run would be very welcome. Found the uncut version on Youtube a while back and loved it.
will graham and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 21st April 2024, 04:34 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
If it helps i really rate The Borderlands. However it's a found footage film and really doesn't need to be on Blu.

I learned this the hard way when i bought The Blair Witch Project on Blu and it looked just the same as my old US Artisan dvd.
If you ever want 28 days later on blu ray expect the same result.
Old 21st April 2024, 07:01 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
If you ever want 28 days later on blu ray expect the same result.
I have it. It's appalling. I only kept it for the second film seeing as it's a double header Blu.
Old 22nd April 2024, 09:26 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I have it. It's appalling. I only kept it for the second film seeing as it's a double header Blu.
I have the same release and, although I think the film looks the same as the DVD, I prefer the 28 Days Later Blu-ray because of the DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack.

I haven't upgraded The Blair Witch Project from DVD and never will.

Like this? Share it using the links below!