Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2014
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree158Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th September 2014, 06:22 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I have barely any signed things (only Journey to the Center of the Earth by Pat Boone comes to mind), because I live far far away from civilization, so I don't get to meet any cool filmmakers. Anything special I want, has to be pretty much ordered online.

It's hard to choose any one particular thing at the moment. If my Hot Toys Robocop figure that I pre-ordered ages ago would actually get released and would arrive someday, I think that'd be my favourite, certainly the most expensive collectible ever for me.

I'm also close to owning every Arrow Video blu-ray release. That's my proudest achievement in collecting.

Here's a few of my favourites:

Body Bags - Collector's Edition.
I really love that this film got a blu-ray release, it's a film I saw as a kid and loved it. Ever since then I've been wanting to see it again, but there's not been any proper releases before this. I was incredibly thrilled when Scream Factory announced they are going to release it. I watched it soon after I received it and enjoyed it probably even more than back then. It's an absolute blast!

Universal Monsters - The Essential Collection / The Monster Legacy DVD Gift Set.
This is a mixture of two sets, the busts are from the DVD set from way back when. The rest is from the newer blu-ray set. What can I say about this? They are stellar releases and really beautiful picture and package wise!

Watchmen - Collector's Edition
I was really upset that I missed the original release of this film's Ultimate Cut, but then luckily later on this even better edition was released. I went through more trouble getting this here in one piece (since it is rather fragile set) than I have gone with any other special release. So I'm really happy to have it safely in my collection and on nice display. I added the Play.com steelbook there too.

Back to the Future / Jurassic Park - Limited Collector's Tins
The Back to the Future Trilogy and Jurassic Park 1-2 were films I watched all the time as a kid. They are still awesome to this day, so they play very important part of my love for film. I pre-ordered both sets as soon as they came available, no matter the cost. I'm really glad I did, because the BttF set goes for absolutely insane amounts these days!

This is an awesome competition. Good luck everyone!

P.S. Sorry for the lack of cult cinema in this post.
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - Signed Oldboy & Lady Vengeance - 26th Sept 2014-body-bags.jpg   Weekly Comp - Signed Oldboy & Lady Vengeance - 26th Sept 2014-universal-horror.jpg   Weekly Comp - Signed Oldboy & Lady Vengeance - 26th Sept 2014-watchmen.jpg   Weekly Comp - Signed Oldboy & Lady Vengeance - 26th Sept 2014-back-jurassic-park.jpg  
Old 30th September 2014, 07:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

VeZius......I hope you win. You deserve a signed copy to add to your collection.
VeZius likes this.
Old 1st October 2014, 02:04 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
VeZius......I hope you win. You deserve a signed copy to add to your collection.
I dont

Last edited by gag; 1st October 2014 at 02:15 AM.
Old 1st October 2014, 12:45 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Yippee, I can log in again!!!

But now to the competition, I am sure I can find a lot of stuff, but it will be hard to decide that is why I have to ask when the deadline is for this competition as I may need Friday to think, decide and execute my entry...

The only thing I have at hand here and now that here are movie-related are pictures of a German fantasy mag signed for me by Clive Barker right after the Hellraiser premiere in Berlin and a copy of the book A Clockwork Orange, signed by the author Anthony Burgess...
Old 2nd October 2014, 03:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I remember I do have a signed DVD
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - Signed Oldboy & Lady Vengeance - 26th Sept 2014-img_20141002_163228.jpg  
Old 2nd October 2014, 03:43 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

It's not just about signed stuff guys n' gals.
Old 2nd October 2014, 05:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
It's not just about signed stuff guys n' gals.
Yes I know why u think I put up my chucky doll, pinhead, Leatherface.
Old 2nd October 2014, 05:50 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Yes I know why u think I put up my chucky doll, pinhead, Leatherface.
It was just info, not aimed at anyone in particular Gag.
Old 2nd October 2014, 08:27 PM
Cult Master

I would love to enter this but compared to what i have seen so far my collection is pretty rubbish nothing at all special.
Old 2nd October 2014, 09:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
I would love to enter this but compared to what i have seen so far my collection is pretty rubbish nothing at all special.
I'm the same mate - so i wish the rest of these guys the very best of luck.

Like this? Share it using the links below!