Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Star Wars Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/3428-star-wars-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th April 2016 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 486375)
"Fans of ‘Star Wars’ are branding the DVD release of 'The Force Awakens’ a 'rip-off’, after discovering that it features no extras.

All the extras appear to be on the Blu-ray version of the movie, which was released on Monday, but not the DVD format."

Star Wars Fan Fury Over 'Rip Off' Force Awakens DVD

Totally agree. Disney just want to rip people off. Tossers. I've got the dvd but they can shove it if they decide to release a two discer set six months down the line. They know they'll sell tons more dvd's than blu-rays in stores and supermarkets too.

People can whinge and moan about George Lucas all they want but he always gave fans value for money extras wise.

J Harker 23rd April 2016 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 486376)
Totally agree. Disney just want to rip people off. Tossers. I've got the dvd but they can shove it if they decide to release a two discer set six months down the line. They know they'll sell tons more dvd's than blu-rays in stores and supermarkets too.

People can whinge and moan about George Lucas all they want but he always gave fans value for money extras wise.

Given the size/importance/can't think of the right word of The Force Awakens I'm surprised the blu ray isn't more extras heavy.

Dave Boy 24th April 2016 09:06 AM

The release seems rushed to me. Dissapointed with the Blu Ray extras. There is really not that much on there and the deleted scenes are a waste of time as we know that there are some big, long scenes out there.
For such a big release, it's a let down. Expect a better release later on as there is not a 3D version out there yet. Even the box sleeve is very basic.
Happy to have the film and it looks great but yes, it is a poor release.

J Harker 24th April 2016 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 486998)
The release seems rushed to me. Dissapointed with the Blu Ray extras. There is really not that much on there and the deleted scenes are a waste of time as we know that there are some big, long scenes out there.
For such a big release, it's a let down. Expect a better release later on as there is not a 3D version out there yet. Even the box sleeve is very basic.
Happy to have the film and it looks great but yes, it is a poor release.

Did seem quite quick. Dec 17th in cinema and April 18th in shops.

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th April 2016 01:03 PM

I watched it for the first time last night.

I did enjoy it but not as much as i thought i would.

Kylo Ren was a rubbish villain for a start. :jedi:

J Harker 24th April 2016 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 487007)
I watched it for the first time last night.

I did enjoy it but not as much as i thought i would.

Kylo Ren was a rubbish villain for a start. :jedi:

I got the impression that its relatively early days for Kylo yet and he was actually meant to be a bit crap. A snivelly, stuck up stroppy brat. I'm assuming his character will be developed in Episode VIII.

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th April 2016 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 487034)
I got the impression that its relatively early days for Kylo yet and he was actually meant to be a bit crap. A snivelly, stuck up stroppy brat. I'm assuming his character will be developed in Episode VIII.

Maybe, i don't know.

He fought two people who had never picked up a lightsabre before and failed to kill either of them. So he was definitely a bit crap.

Rogue One looks a far more interesting film.

J Harker 24th April 2016 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 487035)
Maybe, i don't know.

He fought two people who had never picked up a lightsabre before and failed to kill either of them. So he was definitely a bit crap.

Rogue One looks a far more interesting film.

As i understand it Rogue One heads back into prequel territory, being set just prior to Episode III.

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th April 2016 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 487042)
As i understand it Rogue One heads back into prequel territory, being set just prior to Episode III.

It's supposed to be about stealing the Death Star plans isn't it?

Is it the mission that Vader intercepts at the start of A New Hope?

Stephen@Cult Labs 24th April 2016 04:36 PM

The Star Wars Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 487046)
It's supposed to be about stealing the Death Star plans isn't it?

Is it the mission that Vader intercepts at the start of A New Hope?

You are correct. It's set before A New Hope and the shows the mission to steal the Death Star plans.