Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Star Wars Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/3428-star-wars-thread.html)

trebor8273 14th December 2017 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 560324)
Don't you think they always say that?

I do.

It's when the dust settles that everyone (critics) say 'actually it's not as good as Attack of the Clones'.

sure the same critics that are praising it and saying its better than the force awakens are the same lot who praised the force awakens.

will see what its like next week was going to see it this weekend but people are out work, tried to tell them its star wars and its more important than work.

trebor8273 14th December 2017 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 560325)
There are similarities between LAST JEDI and EMPIRE. The story becomes very bleak.

LAST JEDI up there with EMPIRE? Not for me.

so would you say its on par with the originals or prequels or somewhere in between?

Dave Boy 14th December 2017 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 560330)
so would you say its on par with the originals or prequels or somewhere in between?

For me...

:first:
Original Trilogy. :hail:

:second:
New Trilogy films and Rogue One. :rockon:

:third:
Prequel Trilogy. :headbang:

It's all subjective. I'm hardcore Original Star Wars. I don't rate The Prequels very much. The Clone Wars and Rebels TV shows are better than them.

Susan Foreman 14th December 2017 05:15 PM

For those of us who have grown up with 'Star Wars'

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...fc&oe=5ABE366A

gag 14th December 2017 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 560335)
For me...

:first:
Original Trilogy. :hail:

:second:
New Trilogy films and Rogue One. :rockon:

:third:
Prequel Trilogy. :headbang:

It's all subjective. I'm hardcore Original Star Wars. I don't rate The Prequels very much. The Clone Wars and Rebels TV shows are better than them.

Im pretty sure jar jar binks has been voted one of the worst characters ever in films

trebor8273 14th December 2017 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 560375)
Im pretty sure jar jar binks has been voted one of the worst characters ever in films

What was George smoking when he came up with that abomination!

On a side note it's 99% certain the new film will get a 4k uhd release so with anyluck we will see the rest get the same treatment and we might also see the theatrical versions of the original trilogy.

hivemind 15th December 2017 12:53 AM

Now that the sale of 21st Century Fox assets to the Disney empire is complete, Disney's Bob Iger will get the original Star Wars film to add to all the rest. As to whether Star Wars fans will finally get decent transfers of the original trilogy without the CGI alterations remains to be seen. Even though 20th Century-Fox Home Entertainment released those laserdisc versions a while back and put them out on DVD in the UK.

Talk about an early Xmas present for Disney. $66 bn's worth. :santadance:

Disney's estimated value is $163 bn.

Justin101 15th December 2017 06:34 AM

I was so busy thinking about X-Men being with fox and how Disney now have the full Marvel universe (bar Spidey) that I totally forgot about the original trilogy of SW being a Fox asset too! Re-releases are bound to come!

Dave Boy 15th December 2017 08:59 AM

This is the biggest surge forward that the Original Theatrical cuts of The Original Trilogy may get a Blu ray release. As soon as the news broke, that was the first thing the SW boards were talking about.
But we have been down this road many times before only to be knocked back again and again.
It has been stated in the past that it is George who still has his grip on these not being released but I can't see that he still has a hold anymore.
Kathleen Kennedy stated a little time back that the films are George's babies and she would not touch them.

The saga continues..

Justin101 15th December 2017 09:10 AM

Personally I don't see it happening, but I'll happily eat my hat if it does!