Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   THE MAD MAX Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/6599-mad-max-thread.html)

Rik 3rd May 2015 08:30 PM

Me too, saw the trailer this afternoon in front of Avengers: Age of Ultron, prompting my 11 year old son to say he wants to watch it, but seeing as it's a 15 it won't be at the cinema (even though he could pass for 15!), so I'll check it out and see if I think it's ok for him to watch

Vipp 3rd May 2015 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 447924)
Yes, there is a trailer for the remake - I saw it at the cinema because it was on before Fast 7. It looks good and I haven't seen the original Mad Max trilogy.

Bringer you neeeeeeeeeeeeed to watch the original films mate, i'm sure you will love them!

I managed to get tickets for the original mad max and mad max 2 at our local showcase cinema, in advance. If anyone is interested in seeing the original films on the big screen you can check your local cinemas, some towns are even doing the three original films! before the new film hits the cinema.

I can't wait, i might even be able to get the other half to go and see the new one too!

Buboven 4th May 2015 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipp (Post 447951)
Bringer you neeeeeeeeeeeeed to watch the original films mate, i'm sure you will love them!

I managed to get tickets for the original mad max and mad max 2 at our local showcase cinema, in advance. If anyone is interested in seeing the original films on the big screen you can check your local cinemas, some towns are even doing the three original films! before the new film hits the cinema.

I can't wait, i might even be able to get the other half to go and see the new one too!

Cardiff had a rooftop cinema showing this Friday but I decided not to go. Call me a blasphemer but I have never rated the original trilogy that highly. No doubt good films, but I don't see them as the masterpieces so many seem to do.

Nordicdusk 4th May 2015 12:15 AM

I would not call Mad Max masterpieces but the first two are dam fine films beyond thunderdome is good but the kids ruin it for me I find them too annoying.

Vipp 4th May 2015 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buboven (Post 448014)
Cardiff had a rooftop cinema showing this Friday but I decided not to go. Call me a blasphemer but I have never rated the original trilogy that highly. No doubt good films, but I don't see them as the masterpieces so many seem to do.

I agree with Nord mate, i wouldn't have ever thought of the films as masterpeices, i tend to see them as alternative and fun but i wouldn't go out of my way to watch them, our cinema basically let me and the otherhalf see the films for £7 between us and we live five mins away so it's a bonus for us i guess. :)

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th May 2015 05:47 PM

Whaaaaaaaaat? Mad Max 2 is regarded as one of the best action films ever made. A masterpiece in my book.

Make Them Die Slowly 4th May 2015 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 448061)
Whaaaaaaaaat? Mad Max 2 is regarded as one of the best action films ever made. A masterpiece in my book.

Totally agree, amazing film.

Rik 4th May 2015 06:27 PM

Yeah, first 2 are great films, Thunderdome is just OK in my opinion :nod:

Vipp 4th May 2015 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 448069)
Yeah, first 2 are great films, Thunderdome is just OK in my opinion :nod:

See i think Thunderdome is a great film if you cut out the part of the VHS tape that has the kid tribe in it. Who Run Barta Town? I think they are good films but if i had to show an alien race an example of good film making i doubt the Madmax films would make my list is all im saying.

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th May 2015 08:41 PM

THE MAD MAX Thread

As I said last week on Facebook, Thunderdome is essentially the Return Of The Jedi of the trilogy. A fairly good (children's) film, but pales in comparison to the harder edge of Mad Max & Mad Max 2.