Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > The Strange Vice of Mrs. Wardh
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st January 2011, 07:54 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
One minor (anal) complaint: I know it's a quote from DVDVerdict, but the plural of giallo is not 'giallos' but gialli. Apologies in advance for being a grammar-whore.
Well spotted! I have passed this info on to Shameless.
Old 21st January 2011, 06:39 PM
Active Cultist

Not too fond about the cover art to be honest (especially the already mentioned quote), but all the same I'm hoping for some really cool reversible art.

Good to see this being a fan edition, but I think the most important question is if it will include a decent sounding italian soundtrack!
Old 22nd January 2011, 03:29 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Not seen this one, but I like the cover
Old 23rd January 2011, 02:19 PM
Cult Rookie

I've got two different designs of the original Italian 2-sheet for this title, i'll see if i can dig them out and photograph them tomorrow, think i've got a jpg of the locandina somewhere as well, which is yet another design.
Old 23rd January 2011, 06:57 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Not seen this one
Me neither & it's one I know little about.

But judging by the amount of kudos it's getting here, I should be in for a treat, so it's now pre-ordered.

You make it easy.
Old 24th January 2011, 06:43 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwaygarage View Post
think i've got a jpg of the locandina somewhere as well, which is yet another design.
Is it this one? I'd be interested to know iif there's a different locandina design though (this is the only one I've seen so far)

Old 24th January 2011, 03:52 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

You all spoke and Shameless listened!

The offending quote with it's dubious grammar will be removed from the finalised artwork.

Result!
Old 24th January 2011, 04:42 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
Is it this one? I'd be interested to know iif there's a different locandina design though (this is the only one I've seen so far)

Yes that was the locandina i was thinking of Jonny, i think the 4-fogli is the same design.Here's one of the 2-Fogli designs i have for this film, this one i had restored and linenbacked, i have the other design in my box but this one is folded, haven't had time today but i'll try and dig it out this week.

Old 24th January 2011, 04:59 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwaygarage View Post
Yes that was the locandina i was thinking of Jonny, i think the 4-fogli is the same design.Here's one of the 2-Fogli designs i have for this film, this one i had restored and linenbacked, i have the other design in my box but this one is folded, haven't had time today but i'll try and dig it out this week.

Wow! Tha 2 Fogli is amazing. Very nice indded!
Old 24th January 2011, 08:53 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
Wow! Tha 2 Fogli is amazing. Very nice indded!
Cheers Jonny, bit of a story behind this one, got the poster years ago for about £10 on ebay BUT ! there was a problem the original Italian title had been painted over for reuse in a Belgian[?] cinema ,you could see the Italian title bleeding through under the paint, i decided to have a go at removing the paint VERY CAREFULLY, using lighter fuel and cotton wool, and some of the paint came off ! At this point i contacted an expert linenbacker/poster restorer in the US, who told me he could remove all the paint, in fact the photo i posted doesn't do it justice, because that photo was sent to me just before it was completed, the fold lines were air brushed a bit more, they are near invisible now.Here's what the poster looked like before the restoration;

Like this? Share it using the links below!