Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   Taking baby steps exploring the new millenium's anime (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/11680-taking-baby-steps-exploring-new-milleniums-anime.html)

bdc 20th January 2014 12:42 PM

Paid another visit to my friend yesterday,it was very interesting,more about this later. ;)

trebor8273 21st January 2014 02:58 PM

Just noticed a series called attack on Titan on Netflix is it any good ? Seems like my cup of tea.

keirarts 21st January 2014 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 388454)
Just noticed a series called attack on Titan on Netflix is it any good ? Seems like my cup of tea.

One of the best shows in recent years.

bdc 23rd January 2014 11:21 AM

Probably the most talked about show of 2014 according to my friend but haven't watched it yet.
Btw intended to write an update about my last visit but got the flu instead and have been in bed for a couple of days so it will have to wait till I recover. ;)

Hawkmonger 23rd January 2014 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 388454)

I can only echo what has been said thousands of times by now. AoT is IMMENSE!!!!!!!
One of the best series of the last decade for sure.

bdc 29th January 2014 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 388703)
Btw intended to write an update about my last visit but got the flu instead and have been in bed for a couple of days so it will have to wait till I recover. ;)

Finally feeling better so here's what we watched 2 weeks ago,I couldn't go over last week as I was to ill. ;)

Again more varied this time.

First episodes of:

Genshiken
Maken-Ki
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
Fooly Cooly
Elfen Lied
Mayo Chiki!

Genshiken deals with a school club who "study" things like manga/anime/games/cosplay etc,and their new members.

Maken-Ki reminded me a bit of Ikki Tousen,looks like fun and Code Geass was certainly something different with some decent mecha action thrown in,looks like an interesting series as well.

Fooly Cooly,somewhat different from the other ones as this seems like more of a crazy drama of sorts.

Elfen Lied,yep it's bloody and mysterious (and it reminded me a bit of Chobits when the main character loses her memory but I suspect this is nothing like that series?)

Mayo Chiki!,somewhat familiar ecchi territory here with some gender bending thrown in.

My favourite (judging from the first episode) would be:

Elfen Lied opening HD [720p] - YouTube

keirarts 29th January 2014 05:06 PM

Elfen lied generated some heated debate on the forums a while back but i rate it a lot.

Anyone with a hankerin for anime horror needs to check out shiki. Think salems lot in japan and your on the right track.

bdc 29th January 2014 06:50 PM

Will ask my friend about Shiki next time. ;)

keirarts 29th January 2014 09:59 PM

Shiki - 1 - First Blood - YouTube

bdc 30th January 2014 09:21 AM

Thanks for the link,seems the vid is not available (to me?) though. ;)