Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   Heads up people - The upcoming television programme thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/13421-heads-up-people-upcoming-television-programme-thread.html)

Susan Foreman 16th September 2016 08:44 AM

Heads up people - The upcoming television programme thread

Although there is a thread on the forum for what shows you have seen on television, there is not a specific thread giving notice of any shows that are upcoming

Hopefully, this will be that thread, so use it to note anything you see advertised as 'coming soon' or being noted in listings magazines etc

To start with, the complete BBC4 schedule for Friday 23rd September - Sunday 26th September could be interesting. The entire weekend is being given over to Keef Richards from The Rolling Stones

The main broadcast, spread out over 15 episodes throughout the weekend, is 'Keef Richards Lost Weekend' - "The veteran rocker takes over BBC Four for three nights of dusk to dawn programming, in a pirate broadcast. Replacing the usual channel programming practice or convention, he airs his world views, life philosophy and survival strategies as well as all things nocturnal."

In addition to that, there are documentaries about Richards, Johnny Cash and London (directed by Julien Temple: "Chronicling a century of the capital's history, Julien Temple's rousing documentary makes exceptional use of a dazzling range of archive material to capture the personality of London and the changing face of the people who have shaped its destiny over the past 100 years. Opening with the recollections of 106-year-old Hackney resident Hetty Bower, the film celebrates the indomitability of the city's multifarious citizens, who have managed to keep calm and carry on in the face of sieges, rallies, wars and riots, as well as seismic social, political and cultural transformations. The clips from pioneering film-makers such as Harry B Parkinson and the members of the British documentary movement are aptly chosen and amusingly counterpointed by a splendid soundtrack. Temple also devotes plenty of time to insights from the likes of Tony Benn, Michael Horovitz, Ray Davies and Suggs. He might have given ordinary folk more of a say, but that's a minor criticism of this witty, trenchant and utterly compelling film.")

There are also screenings of some of his favourite films - 'The 39 Steps' (1935), 'The Girl Can't Help It', 'The Sorcerers', 'The Bicycle Thieves', ' I Walked With A Zombie', 'The Man Who Would Be King', 'Pandaemonium' and 'Build My Gallows High'

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th September 2016 09:25 AM

Susan Foreman 16th September 2016 09:37 AM

Have we got broadcast details for 'Class' yet?

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th September 2016 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 505425)
Have we got broadcast details for 'Class' yet?

No, not yet. Believed to be October on BBC1. Should be shown soon after it's online debut according to reports.

Justin101 16th September 2016 10:32 AM

I'm really excited about Class because it's written and created by Patrick Ness who is an author I like to read. I know it's in the Whovian 'verse but hopefully that wont exclude people who aren't fans.

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th September 2016 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 505432)
I'm really excited about Class because it's written and created by Patrick Ness who is an author I like to read. I know it's in the Whovian 'verse but hopefully that wont exclude people who aren't fans.

From reading other forums it's not exactly a popular idea among fans.

The fact the Doctor is in the first episode sort of ranks it above Torchwood in the Who stakes.

Just in case you weren't aware Torchwood was a spin off which ran for four series and focused on John Barrowman's Captain Jack character. It was an adult show with sex, swearing and strong gore at times. Although Jack appeared in Doctor Who, the Doctor never appeared in Torchwood - there is a difference.

According to the press release, Class features sexual relationships between the students and has an adult theme. I hope it's not Waterloo Road with an alien of the week thrown in for good luck.

Justin101 16th September 2016 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 505434)
According to the press release, Class features sexual relationships between the students and has an adult theme. I hope it's not Waterloo Road with an alien of the week thrown in for good luck.

Patrick Ness has likened it to Buffy and one of his books is very Buffy-esque so he's a fan. I'm expecting it to be where Whedon meets 'The Doctor'.

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th September 2016 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 505435)
Patrick Ness has likened it to Buffy and one of his books is very Buffy-esque so he's a fan. I'm expecting it to be where Whedon meets 'The Doctor'.

Do we need an inferior Buffy?

You see, now you've added far higher expectation levels seeing as Buffy was the best thing on tv when it aired.

iank 16th September 2016 09:16 PM

I thought we already got an inferior Buffy with the Davies era?

:broomstick::behindsofa::nono::tongue1:

Susan Foreman 21st September 2016 07:45 PM

Starts Saturday, 1st October on Talking Pictures TV (Sky 343 Freeview 81 Freesat 306 YouView 81) at 7:00pm - H G Well's 'The Invisible Man'

I think this must be the 1958 version, and if it is, it features a young Deborah Watling

http://www.aveleyman.com/Gallery/Act...590627-171.jpg

Susan Foreman 21st September 2016 07:58 PM

TNT Announces The Return of Tales from the Crypt

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st September 2016 10:13 PM

Heads up people - The upcoming television programme thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 506025)

I really wish they'd stop showing pics of the HBO Crypt Keeper when they mention this new series. It's like......."hello kiddies!" this is what you won't be getting.

platostotal 21st September 2016 10:30 PM

We should also plug the new series of Red Dwarf, Tomorrow September 22.

Susan Foreman 22nd September 2016 04:03 PM

All five Chasers will appear in 'The Chase'’s 1000th episode next Thursday

I like 'The Chase'

I think there is a great chemistry between Bradley Walsh, the chasers and the contestants

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 22nd September 2016 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 506045)
We should also plug the new series of Red Dwarf, Tomorrow September 22.

Indeed. I have series-link recorded it on Dave HD.

trebor8273 22nd September 2016 08:04 PM

There is a based on film / book of the exorcist starting soon can't see it being anywhere in the same league as the movie

The Exorcist (TV Series 2016– ) - IMDb

nosferatu42 22nd September 2016 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 506119)
All five Chasers will appear in 'The Chase'’s 1000th episode next Thursday

I like 'The Chase'

I think there is a great chemistry between Bradley Walsh, the chasers and the contestants

Like i said, you got class gal.;)

Have you seen the fanny schmellor incident, if not look it up on you tube.

best quiz on t.v.:nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd September 2016 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 506162)

So many jokes!... must resist. :laugh:

nosferatu42 22nd September 2016 11:57 PM

That's the whole point Bradley Walsh was pissing himself, classic.:nod:

Susan Foreman 23rd September 2016 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 506162)

best quiz on t.v.:nod:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 506173)
So many jokes!... must resist. :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 506174)
That's the whole point Bradley Walsh was pissing himself, classic.:nod:

Even old Frosty Knickers herself broke character!

Susan Foreman 23rd September 2016 06:35 PM

Television @ The Digital Fix - Doctor Who spin-off Class to air on BBC Three from October 22nd

Justin101 23rd September 2016 07:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
First official cast photo.

Susan Foreman 4th October 2016 07:12 AM

The evening schedule for The Horror Channel on October 31st/November 1st

21:00
Land of the Giants: Series 2, Episode 5
Giant-sized adventures. After being infected by a mysterious spore, Steve becomes a dangerous paranoid and seeks to capture his earthly colleagues.

22:00
Under The Bed: Suburban scares.
While their father and stepmother try to maintain normality in their household, brothers Neal and Paul do battle with a fearsome monster that lurks under the bed.

23:45
V/H/S: Horror anthology.
A group of misfits hired to burgle a desolate house and acquire a rare tape are confronted with a dead body, a hub of old televisions and an endless supply of cryptic footage.

02:00
Hatchet 2: Slasher featuring Tony Todd and Kane Hodder.
When young Marybeth escapes the bayou-butcher Victor Crowley, she returns to the swamp with an army of hunters determined to kill the fiend.

03:40
Banshee Chapter: Unsettling thriller with Katia Winter (Sleepy Hollow).
A journalist gets into trouble when she explores the links between her friend's disappearance, government research and a radio broadcast.

Susan Foreman 9th October 2016 06:32 AM

There is a one-off celebrity special of the cult '90's game show 'The Crystal Maze' being shown on Sunday, 16 Oct between 9pm - 10pm

Hosted by Stephen Merchant, it features Rio Ferdinand, Michelle Keegan, Jonnie Peacock, Sara Cox, and Josh Widdicombe

Susan Foreman 18th October 2016 08:01 PM

Elvira Will Return in Animated Television Series - iHorror

platostotal 18th October 2016 09:17 PM

Keep an eye on the Horror channel, they have some nice stuff in the run up to Halloween, and film4 are showing Wake in Fright on the 26th.

Susan Foreman 20th October 2016 06:36 AM

With their normal foresight and good planning, ITV4 are screening 'Halloween H:20'...on Thursday, 27th October!

The lead-up to Halloween on Film 4

Tuesday 25th October
9pm - The Last Days on Mars
11pm - Shutter Island

Wednesday 26th October
11.15pm - Wake In Fright
1.30am - Animal Kingdom

Thursday 27th October
10pm - Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
12.10am - Cheap Thrills
2am - Night Of The Creeps

Friday 28th October
10.50pm - Wyrmwood: Road of the Dead
1am - Sinister

Saturday 29th October
11.05pm - Excision
12.40am - Eyes Without A Face
2.25am - [REC]3 Genesis

Sunday 30th October
11.10pm - 100 Bloody Acres
1.10am - Kill List

Monday 31st October
6.55pm - Hocus Pocus
9pm - Devil's Due
10.45pm - Fright Night
1am - The Sixth Sense

trebor8273 20th October 2016 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 506288)
First official cast photo.

one look at the cast and have the feeling it's going to be awful

Susan Foreman 22nd October 2016 05:09 AM

BBC1 are showing 'Halloween: Resurrection' on the MORNING of Sunday, 30th October at 00.15am

MacBlayne 22nd October 2016 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 509020)
BBC1 are showing 'Halloween: Resurrection' on the MORNING of Sunday, 30th October at 00.15am

Why? We didn't do anything wrong, did we?

Deadite 26th October 2016 11:32 AM

Just a reminder that Wake In Fright is on Film 4 tonight.

I see Eyes Without a Face is on 29th too. Thanks Susan!

Susan Foreman 26th October 2016 06:13 PM

Television @ The Digital Fix - First epic trailer for 24: Legacy released

Justin101 27th October 2016 06:55 AM

This is disappointing news;

Uh oh. Hannibal's Bryan Fuller is OUT as Star Trek: Discovery showrunner

At least his reasons are so that he can concentrate on American Gods, which I'm looking forward to more anyway.

MacBlayne 27th October 2016 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 509564)
This is disappointing news;

Uh oh. Hannibal's Bryan Fuller is OUT as Star Trek: Discovery showrunner

At least his reasons are so that he can concentrate on American Gods, which I'm looking forward to more anyway.

Christ - that didn't take long.

Probably for the best. Fuller's a very talented guy and CBS/Paramount/Abrams would probably be second-guessing every idea he had. American Gods is unusual enough that the suits will leave him somewhat alone on it.

Susan Foreman 27th October 2016 07:35 PM

Halloween on the Talking Pictures TV Channel:
  • 06:00 - Greed of William Hart 1950: Horror. Directed by Oswald Mitchell and screenplay by John Gilling. Set in Edinburgh in the 1800s and starring Tod Slaughter as William Hart the infamous grave robber.
  • 07:30 - Stagecoach West: The Orphans. Wayne Rogers & Robert Bray run a stagecoach line in the Old West, where they come across a wide variety of killers, robbers and ladies in distress. (S1, E34)
  • 08:30 - Lady Beware 1932: The Master of the manor leaves his estate to a mysterious 13th guest at a dinner party but the guest doesn’t turn up. Stars Ginger Rogers & Lyle Talbot.
  • 09:50 - The Search For Haunted Hollywood 1989. Factual. Stars John Davidson, Patrick Macnee & Harry Blackstone Jr. A fascinating, entertaining and star-studded look at the spooky side of tinsel town.
  • 11:35 - Haunted Palace 1949. Directed by Richard Fisher. This short film documentary features Shaw Desmond, founder of the International Institute for Psychical Research. Shaw relates several famous British hauntings.
  • 12:10 - Ghosts on the Loose 1943. Comedy. Stars Bela Lugosi & Ava Gardner. The East Side Kids try to fix up a house for newlyweds, but find the place next door haunted” by mysterious men.”
  • 13:30 - Colonel March of Scotland Yard: The New Invisible Man. 1956. Stars Boris Karloff, Ewan Roberts & Eric Pohlmann. Colonel March receives a queer complaint that a pair of disembodied gloves killed a man (S1, E25)
  • 14:00 - Patricia Dainton Presents… House in Marsh Road. Exclusive interviews with Patricia Dainton who discusses her time on this film and her career in general. (S1, E7)
  • 14:05 - The House In Marsh Road 1960. Horror directed By Montgomery Tully and starring Patricia Dainton, Sam Kydd and Sandra Dorne. Jean is left a house and hopes it will be the fresh start they need but the house has other ideas.
  • 15:30 - Patricia Dainton Presents… Outro. Thank you for watching from Patricia Dainton who wishes us a fond farewell and looks back on her life in film (S1, E8)
  • 15:35 - BFI: Cross-Roads 1955. Thriller. Directed by John Fitchen. A highly effective gothic thriller featuring Christopher Lee in what was his first ever supernatural performance. Also stars Ferdy Mayne.
  • 16:00 - Who was Old Mother Riley? A short insight into the Great Arthur Lucan and his hilarious character of Old Mother Riley with his wife Kitty McShane
  • 16:10 - Old Mother Riley Meets The Vampire 1952. Comedy. A mad scientist known as ‘The Vampire’ (Bela Lugosi) comes to England to further his evil plans. Starring Arthur Lucan and Dora Bryan.
  • 17:35 - Bela Lugosi: A short insight into his career, who found fame playing Dracula on Broadway for 3 years and was laid to rest in his full Dracula costume and cape.
  • 17:45 - BFI: Lock Your Door 1949. Thriller. Directed by Anthony Gilkison. Algernon Blackwood tells his gothic story, from the series ‘A Strange Experience’.
  • 18:00 - Shop: Cruise at 6! Join John Cooper and the team from Vision Cruise for your daily update on all the latest cruise holiday deals. You can see them all at www.VisionCruise.co.uk, or call us free on 0800 655 6449
  • 19:00 - Blood of The Vampire 1958. Horror directed by Henry Cass and starring Sir Donald Wolfit. In the late 19th Century, the anaemic Dr Callistratus is the governor of a brutal penal institution in a remote castle.
  • 20:40 - Carnival of Souls 1962. Horror. Director: Herk Harvey. Stars Candace Hilligoss, & Frances Feist. After surviving a car accident, Mary takes a job as an church organist, but is interrupted by visions of a fiendish man.
  • 22:15 - Frightmare 1974. Horror. Director: Peter Walker. Stars Rupert Davies, Sheila Keith, Deborah Faifax & Paul Greenwood. Two cannibals are released from an asylum, but have they been entirely reformed?
  • 00:00 - At Twelve Midnight 1934. Drama. Directed by Melville Delay. Stars Montague Love, Lucille Powers & Charles Hutchison. Ghostly goings-on at twelve midnight, showing one of Charles Hutchisons famous bike stunts.
  • 01:15 - Little Shop of Horrors 1960. Horror. Director: Roger Corman. Stars Jack Nicholson, Dick Miller, Jackie Joseph & Meri Welles. After Seymour creates a new plant species, the plant begins to speak and now demands human flesh
  • 02:50 - Black Torment 1964. Horror. Stars Heather Sears, Peter Arne & Raymond Huntley. A Lord returns to his manor with his new bride, but rumour has it he has already returned in secret and murdered several innocents.
  • 04:35 - The Face at the Window 1939. Horror. Directed by George King. Stars Tod Slaughter, Marjorie Taylor & John Warwick. A series of grisly murders in nineteenth century France are attributed to a wolf-man.

Susan Foreman 6th November 2016 06:53 PM

November premiers on the Horror Channel:

6th - Antiviral
10th - Cockneys Vs. Zombies
11th - Horror Express
11th - The Shrine
12th - The Hills Have Eyes
13th - Final Girl
18th - Beneath
19th - House
20th - Honeymoon
25th - Dead Snow 2: Red Or Dead
26th - Blood Rage

Susan Foreman 14th November 2016 03:12 PM

BBC Four on 16 November at 10pm has a documentary entitled 'The Undiscovered Peter Cook' featuring "a fascinating and unique hour of television, that includes Peter performing hitherto unknown comedy sketches, rediscovered interviews, and long-lost footage of Peter performing with his comedy partner Dudley Moore, as well as with Peter Sellers and David Attenborough"

BBC - The Undiscovered Peter Cook - Media Centre

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th November 2016 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 510509)
November premiers on the Horror Channel:

6th - Antiviral
10th - Cockneys Vs. Zombies
11th - Horror Express
11th - The Shrine
12th - The Hills Have Eyes
13th - Final Girl
18th - Beneath
19th - House
20th - Honeymoon
25th - Dead Snow 2: Red Or Dead
26th - Blood Rage

All highlighted are well worth checking out.

Make Them Die Slowly 14th November 2016 09:05 PM

Britgrot grime, Cover Girl Killer is on Talking Pictures at 6.00am tomorrow. A great way to kill time before work.

Susan Foreman 5th December 2016 05:22 AM

December 25th on the TPTV channel:

06:00 Santa Claus Conquers The Martians 1964.
07:40 The Gentleman Bandit 1981.
09:40 Androcles and The Lion 1953.
11:35 Home For Christmas 1990.
13:30 Runaround: Christmas On Ice. 1980. Classic childrens gameshow. Hosted by Mike Reid and featuring Barbara Dickson.
14:00 Tarka The Otter 1979.
16:00 Hobson’s Choice 1954.
18:10 Scrooge: A Christmas Carol 1951.
19:55 The Holly and the Ivy 1952.
21:35 The Beauty Jungle 1964.
23:55 The Day Of The Triffids 1962.
01:50 Brighton Rock 1947.
03:40 Can You Keep It Up For A Week? 1975.
05:35 BFI: To The Rescue 1952. Family. CFF. Director: Jacques Brunis. When George’s poodle is stolen by a thief, he & his sister enlist eccentric dog-lover and village grocer Mr Polly to help them get the pooch back