Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   Game of Thrones (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/13630-game-thrones.html)

Susan Foreman 14th May 2019 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 603310)
Just having a moan, because for 7 years I've loved this show, for the past 4 weeks I've been steadily losing my faith, last week giving it the benefit of doubt but this week, just no

I felt the same about 'Lost'

5 series of fantastic television, and then a final series that totally destroyed everything that had been carefully built up

Justin101 14th May 2019 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 603331)
I felt the same about 'Lost'

5 series of fantastic television, and then a final series that totally destroyed everything that had been carefully built up

I also felt the same about Lost! Spoiler alert, they all died on the plane, sheesh. What a cop out.

bleakshaun 14th May 2019 06:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There's been a lot of memes about the episode, SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE WHO AIN'T SEEN IT
Attachment 214936

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Susan Foreman 17th May 2019 07:06 AM

Sometimes ya can't help but laff, can ya!

Game of Thrones petition: 500,000 demand series eight remake | BBC News

"A petition calling on its makers, HBO, to redo season eight has been signed by more than 500,000 disgruntled fans.

The Change.org petition, launched after this week's penultimate episode was aired, goes further by demanding a complete do-over "with competent writers".

It argues that the show's writers, David Benioff and DB Weiss, "have proven themselves to be woefully incompetent"."

Dave Boy 17th May 2019 11:34 AM

Game Of Thrones fans are having their Star Wars: The Last Jedi moment.

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th May 2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 603547)
Game Of Thrones fans are having their Star Wars: The Last Jedi moment.

The thing is. Hasn't Martin written what happens already in novel form?

Fans who read them should know what happens so why the grumbles? Have the tv execs changed the story lines from the book?

Star Wars is different as we don't know the direction Disney is going with it's politically correct agendas and have no idea where the 'ride' will take us.

Dave Boy 17th May 2019 12:16 PM

As far as I am aware, as the story in the novels have not been finished and the tv show caught up with the books the screenwriters have made up their own story lines for the last few seasons.

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th May 2019 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 603550)
As far as I am aware, as the novels have not been finished and the tv show caught up with the books the screenwriters have made up their own story lines for the last few seasons.

Seriously... :shocked:

I've got the first three in hard back (Got them via those old Sci-Fi Book Club flyers that used to drop out of every magazine for the grand total of 5p, back in the day, i'm sure you remember them) but noticed others had come out since those and i presumed (wrongly) that he'd actually finished the saga.

It's alright for screen writers adapting works but to actually step into Martin's shoes is a totally different matter.

Justin101 17th May 2019 12:25 PM

Yeah the TV show overtook the novels 3-4 years ago. Martin still has 2 books left and insists he hasn't finished them! I think it's been 6 or 7 years since the last one was published.

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th May 2019 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 603552)
Yeah the TV show overtook the novels 3-4 years ago. Martin still has 2 books left and insists he hasn't finished them! I think it's been 6 or 7 years since the last one was published.

What was the one that was released last year?