Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   Game of Thrones (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/13630-game-thrones.html)

Rik 22nd August 2017 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 547480)
I don't think this was the artistry and sophistication of The Sopranos, but it's definitely more exciting.

No, but the ending has been talked about for years now, which was my point, The Sopranos ending was the first thing that sprung to mind when thinking of an example.

As for GOT, I'm cracking on with the books and the faithfulness of the adaption is bang on, with the only notable difference being the ageing of the principal characters (in Danys case for decency reasons seeing as she's a minor when she marries Khal Drogo)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 22nd August 2017 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 547481)
No, but the ending has been talked about for years now, which was my point, The Sopranos ending was the first thing that sprung to mind when thinking of an example.

I get what you mean because it is one of the most widely interpreted and polarising pieces of TV I can think of, and whatever happens in the last few episodes of GoT, it's something which will be debated until, and probably after, the last book is published.

KatyCole 22nd August 2017 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 547429)
There are only seven episodes left, one this season and six next year, so there's a hell of a lot of stuff to cover in, unless they are going to start with 90 minute episodes, not a lot of time.

According to reports, that's exactly what they're going to be doing. I believe they're supposed to be around the hour and a half mark. Though, from what I understand, HBO hasn't confirmed this as yet.

We already know that the finale is going to be longer, though. 80 minutes, if I recall. So, I could certainly see that happening.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 547459)
Can see the wall being compromised now they've got a dragon, either next week or at the start of next season :scared:

This was running through my mind, as well. It definitely seemed like they needed the dragon and set a plan in motion to get it. At least, to me, anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 547475)
Might that bring in the Bran the Builder-Three-Eyed Raven time travel paradox?

I’m hoping we’ll see something happen with Bran’s story arch at some point. Right now, it’s as if he’s sitting on a wealth of information and not sharing it with anyone. Just doesn’t seem to make sense to me.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd August 2017 11:05 AM

I hope they do extend the episode running times because they only tend to be about 50 minutes long anyway so, over seven episodes, that's losing over an hour from if they didn't have commercials. In order to pack in all information which is required to bring everything to a satisfactory conclusion and not make it ridiculously rushed, they are going to have to find time from somewhere and, with the last season only being six episodes long, the logical solution would be to extend the running time of each one.

I have seen mentioned, whether it's from a leaked script or something else, of a face-to-face meeting between Bran and Jon, with the latter learning of his real parentage. That's the only way they can do that so it has the impact it deserves as sending him a raven with a message saying "Dear Jon, just a quick FYI about your parents…" wouldn't be ideal!

Susan Foreman 24th August 2017 07:32 AM

Why don't you use this thread to talk about interesting things, such as who are the shortest and the tallest people on the show from Peter Dinklage, who is 4'5" (or 1.35m) to Ian Whyte, who is 7'1" (or 2.16m)

Mind you, it's s good to note that Gwendolyn Christie is 6'3" (or 1.91m) - there's hope for me yet!

‘Game Of Thrones' Characters Ordered From Smallest To Tallest | Bored Panda

Justin101 24th August 2017 08:48 AM

Perhaps that's content for when the current season ends. There is plenty to talk/think about at the moment!

Rik 24th August 2017 09:21 AM

I wouldn't class clickbait like that interesting :lol:

Susan Foreman 24th August 2017 10:34 AM

Oh, to be able to watch a television show or film, and have absolutely no interest in the actors and actresses involved! ;)

Rik 24th August 2017 10:37 AM

I do have interest in the actors from the show, just doesn't involve how tall they are, what coffee they get from Starbucks etc, which is why I don't read OK magazine :lol:

Susan Foreman 24th August 2017 10:58 AM

I have no idea what's included in 'OK' Magazine, so if you say it's this kind of thing, I'll have to bow to your superior knowledge ;)