Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   Laurel And Hardy - Good, clean, classic comedy! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/3521-laurel-hardy-good-clean-classic-comedy.html)

Splatterdragon73 18th September 2010 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramses (Post 101716)
Another favourite of the kids' - and one that I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned yet - Brats!

Brats is brilliant too.;)

Especially when Ollie slides butt-first down the stairs!:lol:

killernun41 20th September 2010 03:38 PM

Achingly funny even today. 70 years (and more) later and their work never dates.

Sargento 20th September 2010 04:23 PM

If my memory serves me right there was an episode in a roller-rink. Well the roller-rink that the set was based on is real close to me. Of course it is no longer a roller rink but the building is still there. I can get pics if you would like to see the outside.

:nod:

killernun41 20th September 2010 04:27 PM

Busy Bodies is probably my favourite.

Andra Jai 26th September 2010 07:20 PM

Guys, I have just uploaded a collection of some very rare and absolutely stunning Laurel & Hardy posters from Germany and Spain etc.. on my movie poster art group here....

come and take a look

Movie poster art | Facebook

click on the photos tab and enjoy.

ramses 1st October 2010 03:40 PM

Many thanks for sharing Sam, there's some beauties there!

PS Dick und Dorf???

Wilson Bros 4th October 2010 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 (Post 103055)
Brats is brilliant too.;)

Especially when Ollie slides butt-first down the stairs!:lol:

"A little bit of kindess goes a looooong way..." :D

Kev W

GiveAgainGoldenStars 29th September 2011 10:20 AM

I really Ned to get more Laurel and Hardy into my diet, I love watching clips on YouTube but Ireally should get the DVDs

Demoncrat 9th October 2011 06:31 PM

great to see much love for the demented duo. just recently rewatched Busy Bodies, The Music Box and Laughing Gravy (the 2reeler). must get The Laurel & Hardy Murder Case (easily in my top 5 L&H'ers)

Susan Foreman 9th October 2011 07:46 PM

No comedians can touch Stan and Ollie.

The timing of the masters is superlative, and this was due to the fact they both of them had honed their skills on the stage before moving into movies - Ollie with the American Vaudeville theatre, and Stan in the Music Halls. [One of the other people that Stan appeared regualrly on stage with weas none other than Charlie Chaplin). But the main reason why I love them is...they are hilarious. Ollie constantly broke down the 'fourth wall', and his knowing glances to the audience are wonderul touches from a medium when the actors normally go out of thier way to stay distanced from the audience

As well as comedians, they were also acomplished dancers and singers - remember 'The Trail Of The Lonesome Pine' on Top Of The Pops??