Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   The Walking Dead (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/3882-walking-dead.html)

gag 7th October 2013 11:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 370216)
I think its back on Sky on the 18th of October... When I was in Chicago last year I saw someone wearing this T-shirt.... thought it was pretty funny...

http://www.teesforall.com/images/Wal...Shirt2_POP.jpg

I bought a walking dead tshirt while in America so

Sorry pic upside down and tshirt needs ironing it had just come out the wash .

Rik 12th October 2013 06:56 PM

I know what I'll be doing on Monday when I get home from college :woot:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...04497090_n.png

Rik 14th October 2013 03:27 PM

Pretty good season premiere, can't wait for next week now

Rik 14th October 2013 04:51 PM

Bit of exciting news for TWD comic fans, two more great characters arriving this season :woot:

'Walking Dead' Casts 'Southland's' Michael Cudlitz, Josh McDermitt as Abraham and Eugene

[PHOTO] ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 4: Michael Cudlitz Is Sgt. Abraham Ford - TVLine

Be interesting to see how they work Abraham into the show, seeing as Darryl is Rick's right hand man at the minute, whereas Abraham was Rick's right hand man in the comics

platostotal 15th October 2013 10:39 AM

Poor Carl... made me laugh tho...

http://i43.tinypic.com/2uy3qt5.jpg

Andra Jai 15th October 2013 06:38 PM

Watched the first episode of season 4 online earlier today and didn't want it to end,

still not as a patch on season 1 but can't wait to see where this season goes.

Jinx_Barkman 15th October 2013 10:14 PM

I thought the first episode was just ok. I'm curious to see where they're headed with this season but I'm not getting my hopes up after last season.

demonknight 19th October 2013 01:33 PM

Watched episode one of season four last night. I liked it. It wasn't perfect but overall I came away happy during the end credits. The zombies falling through the roof/ceiling scenes were the highlight of the episode for me. The gore and make up just get better with each season. Greg Nicotero now seems to be the heart of the show with his directing and make up contributions. Really glad to have it back on our screens :clap:

Rik 19th October 2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonknight (Post 372634)
The zombies falling through the roof/ceiling scenes were the highlight of the episode for me.

That scene was extremely tense, I thought!

Hawkmonger 20th October 2013 08:38 AM

I got up to the start of season 2 before I got side tracked. Need to catch up at some point.

gag 20th October 2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman (Post 372062)
I thought the first episode was just ok. I'm curious to see where they're headed with this season but I'm not getting my hopes up after last season.

I quite enjoyed season 3 thought it was pretty good.

Jinx_Barkman 20th October 2013 05:22 PM

The first three or four episodes was compelling television. It went downhill quickly after that. They completely fumbled the governor character. The prison was a perfect setting for a tense atmosphere full of dread but when they intercut it with the foolish town that was more goofy than anything it ruined the effect. The finale felt flat to me. Just not a good season. Hoping for the best for this season though.

Rik 26th October 2013 04:03 PM

The real Walking Dead?

Are the 'Zombies of Toraja' the Actual Walking Dead? | News Article | FEARnet

Andra Jai 26th October 2013 04:39 PM

Well, after a reasonably decent opening episode of season 4, to say I was less than impressed with the second episode would be a huge understatement.

Especially with the method used to draw walkers away from the fence which made absolutely no sense to me at all other than some lame attempt to shock the viewers.

pedromonkey 26th October 2013 05:01 PM

really dug episode 2, it seemed as though they were going for a "lets see how much gore we can get away with on TV" style.

Anyways, i've just finished re-watching Seasons 1 and 2 and a few things got on my tits about those seasons. 1) Lori was a massive pain in the arse, she acted like a teenage girl, fighting between Rick and Shane and her reaction at being told about shane's death was over the top, she should have been put down in the first season. 2) Shane really grated on me, his constant face pulling and over acting really annoyed me, although the rivalry between rick and shane was pretty intense at times. 3) what on earth was the point of T-Dogg. he actually added nothing to the group, always getting hurt and he had zero story, but the show still feels weird without him.

gag 26th October 2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam tyler (Post 374013)
Well, after a reasonably decent opening episode of season 4, to say I was less than impressed with the second episode would be a huge understatement.

Especially with the method used to draw walkers away from the fence which made absolutely no sense to me at all other than some lame attempt to shock the viewers.

I said with the pigs wouldn't have been better to slice the pig just enough to draw blood, then let the pig loose and the walkers etc would have wandered of following the pig. Better way to get rid of them, wasn't over keen on it either but you get some good bad ok episode in any tv series, but over all still a excellent show you got to give credit where credit due some of the gore scenes would have been cut on films for VHS release years ago let alone be on tv .

Andra Jai 26th October 2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 374025)
I said with the pigs wouldn't have been better to slice the pig just enough to draw blood, then let the pig loose and the walkers etc would have wandered of following the pig. Better way to get rid of them, wasn't over keen on it either but you get some good bad ok episode in any tv series, but over all still a excellent show you got to give credit where credit due some of the gore scenes would have been cut on films for VHS release years ago let alone be on tv .

or even by this stage just kill (or burn) the walkers as they approach the fence and prevent a huge build up of them in the first place

what gets me is the completely relaxed attitude they have even sleeping with their cell doors unlocked when you would think in this situation they would always be on their guard as anyone that dies for any reason poses an instant threat

Rik 29th October 2013 05:47 PM

No great surprise, but AMC have renewed TWD for another season :woot:

AMC Renews The Walking Dead for a Fifth Season

Jinx_Barkman 29th October 2013 08:21 PM

I'm kind of neutral right now concerning this season. Not terrible but not very good either. I wonder if they'll make the decision to leave the prison in the mid-season finale? I really hope so, it just didn't live up to the hype.

Rik 29th October 2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman (Post 374550)
I'm kind of neutral right now concerning this season. Not terrible but not very good either. I wonder if they'll make the decision to leave the prison in the mid-season finale? I really hope so, it just didn't live up to the hype.

My prediction is they won't have a choice but to evacuate the prison because of a full bloodied attack from the Governor, as depicted in the comic :nod:

Roughale 30th October 2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 374551)
My prediction is they won't have a choice but to evacuate the prison because of a full bloodied attack from the Governor, as depicted in the comic :nod:

****! Why cannot people put a clear spoiler on infoos derived from the comic books? Sorry, but I am pretty pissed right now - this is about the TV version screw the comic books :mmph:

OT: So far I really like the new season!

Edit: Just to make it clear, this was not an attack on you Rik ;-)

Rik 30th October 2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roughale (Post 374625)
****! Why cannot people put a clear spoiler on infoos derived from the comic books? Sorry, but I am pretty pissed right now - this is about the TV version screw the comic books :mmph:

OT: So far I really like the new season!

There is no spoiler if you're up to speed with the series', the Governor attacked the prison last season and the show is so far removed from the comics that only the characters are the same, don't see what the big deal is :confused:

platostotal 30th October 2013 11:05 PM

Yeah, the Guv being left alive will almost guarantee an attack of some sort so not that much of a spoiler:pop2: and yeah it would be cool if they had to leave but it would be much cheaper to have em stay put.

Roughale 31st October 2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 374626)
There is no spoiler if you're up to speed with the series', the Governor attacked the prison last season and the show is so far removed from the comics that only the characters are the same, don't see what the big deal is :confused:

That is why I said that I did not mean to attack you or your post, I just do not understand why it always happens that contents sources of TV shows or films are discussed at all in threads abiout the series or the film, that should happen in a thread about the source itself, so that anyone not into them can avoid them and dodge very possible spoilers, as simple as that. I love to come to threads and discuss the shows, but I do not want to learn about what will or may come - I do not even watch the teaser for next week's episode ;)

No harm done here, let's keep on discussing the great TV show :rockon:

Jinx_Barkman 11th November 2013 09:23 PM

Terrific episode last night! I guess I'm in too deep to just let go of this series.

Rik 11th November 2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman (Post 377164)
Terrific episode last night! I guess I'm in too deep to just let go of this series.

I watched it this afternoon when I got home from college, absolutely loved it and can't wait for next Monday!

Rik 25th November 2013 06:21 PM

Mid-season finale next week :cry:

But, looks it like it's gonna be a ****ing belter :woot:

Jinx_Barkman 25th November 2013 07:39 PM

The first half of this season flew by. I think the two Governor-centric episodes were nice in that they broke up the boredom with the prison and a sort of calm before the storm. I did think the direction was a little suspect though. I actually started laughing when "Forrest Gump" Governor was walking through the deserted town. Talk about feeling contrived.

Next week better go all out. Who do you think will perish Rik? My guesses are the Governor, Herschell, and Beth/Judith.

Rik 25th November 2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman (Post 379923)

Next week better go all out. Who do you think will perish Rik? My guesses are the Governor, Herschell, and Beth/Judith.

I wouldn't like to guess at the minute, and I'm going to avoid the internet next Monday until I've watched it :lol:

Last seasons finale was spoiled due to online gobshites!

Jinx_Barkman 26th November 2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 379925)
I wouldn't like to guess at the minute, and I'm going to avoid the internet next Monday until I've watched it :lol:

Last seasons finale was spoiled due to online gobshites!

Understood. I just hope it's not one of those type of episodes where they leave us hanging, wondering if a battle takes place or not.

Vipp 27th November 2013 10:36 PM

I love TWD but i'm a little fed up with the ... the Governor goes to fetch an oxygen tank...montage ... that's your lot for this episode bulls*it. i like the Governors character and the actor is great so that episode was a nice touch but things have to move a little more for me.

still it's a good show so i will stop bitching and get on enjoying it.

gag 30th November 2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipp (Post 380420)
I love TWD but i'm a little fed up with the ... the Governor goes to fetch an oxygen tank...montage ... that's your lot for this episode bulls*it. i like the Governors character and the actor is great so that episode was a nice touch but things have to move a little more for me.

still it's a good show so i will stop bitching and get on enjoying it.

Yes that episode was fine but think as a whole this episode has been a slow and dull ..best bit so far was episode one where they were all falling through the roof .

Jinx_Barkman 2nd December 2013 06:23 AM

Excellent mid season finale!

Rik 2nd December 2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman (Post 381113)
Excellent mid season finale!

Sure was, I've never cheered while watching a TV show before, my heart is still racing!
Anyone who thinks this season has been boring won't be disappointed with this episode, roll on February!

Vipp 3rd December 2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 381232)
Sure was, I've never cheered while watching a TV show before, my heart is still racing!
Anyone who thinks this season has been boring won't be disappointed with this episode, roll on February!

I couldn't agree with you more Rik, i saw this the other day and it was shocking and brilliant at the same time. due to spoilers i guess it's best to leave out plot but it's safe to say this mid season is brilliant.

PaulD 4th December 2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 381232)

True dat!

I've been rubbish with keeping up with this series but just finished it now and was so impressed with the mid-season finale. The events of this episode were largely what I was expecting from the underwhelming season 3 finale so I'm glad the story is pushing forward again and the safety of the group has now been removed. I kinda feel a bit depressed now actually due to certain events.

(also, judging from his return episode, anyone else think David Morrissey would have made a great Snake Plissken?)

Dave Boy 4th December 2013 11:17 AM

Just watched the mid season finale. What a great episode.
Can't say to much due to spoilers but I was shouting at Michone to "kill the %*^$*$^ *&^%$£*&" !!!

Andra Jai 4th December 2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 381596)
Just watched the mid season finale. What a great episode.
Can't say to much due to spoilers but I was shouting at Michone to "kill the %*^$*$^ *&^%$£*&" !!!

The only issue I had is that the %*^$*$^ *&^%$£*& seemed to go too easily, should have been torn apart by walkers day of the dead style

mercury 7th December 2013 08:27 PM

Must admit I never saw that comming. That's what I love about this series, you really don't kmow for sure what's going to happen. Great episode.....can't wait for the next:pout:

demonknight 7th December 2013 08:40 PM

Saw the latest episode last night. Great stuff. Best episode of series four so far. Roll on February for the continuation of this great show :)