Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   The Signalman/A Warning To The Curious (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/555-signalman-warning-curious.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th August 2008 08:29 PM

Is it a full length film,or a short play-I felt a bit stung by AWTTC and TS....:(

Mojo 4th August 2008 08:39 PM

It was a one off play made by the Beeb in 1972 and lasts 90 mins.

The BFI disc also has an audio commentary by Nigel Kneale and Kim Newman, as well as ROM printable scripts of Kneale's The Road and The Stone Tape - so ya get a bit more for yer money with this one!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th August 2008 08:41 PM

90 mins is cool-no doubt a fortune on Amazon...it's OOP now is it not?

Mojo 4th August 2008 09:29 PM

Yeah - seems to be....it's selling at ?30 upwards on Play, Amazon etc. but maybe it may crop up on ebay from time to time?

mark meakin 6th August 2008 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo (Post 11760)
Yeah - seems to be....it's selling at ?30 upwards on Play, Amazon etc. but maybe it may crop up on ebay from time to time?

Yes the Stone Tape from BFI is getting pricey now.My wife picked up mine from Help The Aged for only ?3.00 a good while back.I picked up the first Carlton dvd boxed set of The Prisoner for a fiver from the same shop:D.No fan of TV horror should miss the Stone Tape however,It's a real tragedy Kneale's The Road was wiped & no longer exists.Several people on various forums have recommended the 1977 BBC series Supernatural to me.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 6th August 2008 06:29 PM

The amount of goodies picked up in charity shops on here amazes me....I'm seriously going to have to trawl some....Help the aged?.....Help the Reaper....:D

mark meakin 29th September 2008 10:42 AM

I gather The Signalman is being repeated on BBC 4 if people have not seen it ,in early October.

mark meakin 7th October 2008 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark meakin (Post 14811)
I gather The Signalman is being repeated on BBC 4 if people have not seen it ,in early October.

It''s on thursday night on BBC 4 if anybody's keen to check it out.Denholm Elliott is excellent in it.

cloud 7th October 2008 10:46 AM

A real classic. I love these Ghost Stories For Christmas. I just need to wait for Stigma and Ice House to be transmitted and I'll have 'em all I think.

mark meakin 7th October 2008 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud (Post 15298)
A real classic. I love these Ghost Stories For Christmas. I just need to wait for Stigma and Ice House to be transmitted and I'll have 'em all I think.

Same here they're the only two I need.The Dead Of Night episode "The Exorcism" was good last year.Hopefully more NEW goodies this christmas.A complete screening of the Supernatural series (1977) or the play The Lorelei would be nice.