Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   The X-Files (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/5861-x-files.html)

6566329 25th April 2016 11:30 PM

Found it quite difficult to get excited to watch this, despite once being a huge fan, because I gave up on the original series for a reason. It got very stale. I did like the last movie, though. I just watched episode one and found it to be a bit of a stinker. I had to turn it off when it got to the scene on the porch where Duchovny and Anderson were having their competition to see who could look the most bored and sound the least interested when they said lines like "We've never been in so much danger!" It seemed to fall right back into the old patterns. I've heard the next couple episodes are quite goofy and funny, but that's not really what I liked about the original series.

Susan Foreman 20th May 2016 04:51 AM

Television @ The Digital Fix - The X Files will be back...just not anytime soon

Susan Foreman 15th December 2017 06:37 PM

The X Files will return another 10 episodes in the US next month (and Channel 5 here in the UK sometime after). And with anticipation for season 11 rising, Fox have released details of the first five episodes

11.01: My Struggle III - Written and directed by show runner Chris Carter

“Picking up after the last event series’ cliffhanger, Mulder (David Duchovny) and Scully (Gillian Anderson) learn that they aren’t the only ones desperately searching for their long-lost son, William. The very fate of the world may depend on it.”

11.02: This - written and directed by Glen Morgan

An old friend reaches out to Mulder and Scully in a seemingly impossible way, revealing a chilling secret.

11.03: Plus One - written by Chris Carter and directed by Kevin Hooks. It guest stars Karin Konoval

“A spate of deaths, in which the victims were plagued by their own doppelgangers, lead Mulder and Scully to a pair of twins playing a dangerous game.

11.04: The Lost Art Of Forehead Sweat - written and directed by Darin Morgan and features comedian Brian Huskey.

'The Lost Art Of Forehead Sweat explores “the idea of The Mandela Effect, in which large groups of people remember an alternate history, Mulder and Scully find out how the X-Files themselves may really have originated.”

11.05: Ghouli - written and directed by James Wong.

“When a pair of teenage girls attack one another, each believing the other to be a monster, Mulder and Scully find that their investigation could possibly lead back to their long-lost son, William.”

Episode titles and synopses released for the first five episodes of The X Files season 11 | The Digital Fix

Susan Foreman 9th March 2018 04:19 AM

In the early '80's, the BBC children's show 'Jigsaw' gave us Mr. Noseybonk

In 2018, the episode 'Familiar' from the American science fiction show 'The X-Files' gave us Mr Chuckleteeth

In 1997, the BBC gave us The Teletubbies

In 2018, the episode 'Familiar' from the American science fiction show 'The X-Files' gave us The Bibble Tickles

Rik 14th August 2019 04:30 PM

Every season is on Amazon Prime Video, so I’ve started rewatching them again, I only ever made it as far as midway through season 6 when they were on Netflix years ago, currently about 3/4 through season 3 :nod:

g053584398 14th August 2019 04:56 PM

I remember seeing a trailer for the pilot episode on BBC2 back in the 90s and I decided on the strength of that that the show may be of interest to me. I wasn't wrong and I think I watched every episode until the start of season 8. After that I seem to recall that episodes from the last couple of seasons were shown at different times and that prevented me from catching every one of them.

It was a great show though, especially for the first six seasons; and in particular the first four seasons.

Susan Foreman 27th July 2023 11:13 AM

New X-Files Series Coming From 'Creed' And 'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogle? / Bloody Disgusting

iank 27th July 2023 09:41 PM

Old news and hopefully it will go the same place as the Buffy reboot - down the toilet where it belongs.