Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

J Harker 30th December 2021 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 665066)
No not yet. Still too many films to watch. Probably start in in January.

Just wondered if it had the annoying little BBC logo in the corner of the screen.

Dave Boy 30th December 2021 07:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 238314 Attachment 238315
HERCULES THE LEGENDARY JOURNEYS SEASON 3
XENA WARRIOR PRINCESS SEASON 2

Continuing to watch as the original 'Action Pack', one Hercules, one Xena after.
Highlight of this seasons HERCULES is the three episode ark "Encounter", "When a Man Loves a Woman", "Judgment Day". Where Hercules falls in love with the Golden Hind and features an appearence by Xena and Gabrielle.
Also of note is the episode 'Surprise', which features Callisto and fits in with a story arc from XENA.

In XENA, Callisto returns with tragic consequences for Gabrielle in 'Return Of Callisto'. The story continues in Hercules 'Surprise' and then in 'A Necessary Evil', which is part of another arc involving Gabrielle and the Amazons.
Hudson Leick was busy this season as the episodes 'Intimate Stranger' and 'Ten Little Warlords' had Callisto swop bodies with Xena.
Another highlight is 'For Him The Bell Tolls', in which Aphrodite puts a spell on Joxer so that every time a bell rings he becomes a dashing hero.

nicholasrope 2nd January 2022 10:48 PM

Cobra Kai: Season IV

The series that we never knew that we need is back and this time Daniel and Johnny team up in order to stop Kreese. However they bicker on the methods to use to teach their students. However Kreese is able to convince Terry Silver to come back and help him.

Kudos to the people who created this series because if someone said to me that a show based on a 80's Film Trilogy starring the stars from the original would not only last more than 3 episodes (Before it wears thin) that it's one of the best shows around and this is one great Season.

The fight scenes are really good and it is thrilling and there are some really good humor as well. However it is Martin Kove who again steals the show.

SPOILER:
Regarding Kreese, it seems that we may have his face turn in Season 5 as he goes after Silver and in Season 4, I thought that he seems like he cares for his students but does it in a misguided way especially after he looks out for Tori.

SPOILER:
Another thing I liked is that it seemingly looks like it's leading you to think something only to take it somewhere else for example Tori's new job (I was thinking surely that they are not going there)

SPOILER:
I liked that they bought back characters from Series for cameos, especially Stingray (Who had a bigger role than imagined)

Do Sony have the rights to Bloodsport? Seems weird that they showed a snippet. Sony surely have their own Martial Arts Movies (Shootfighter a Film starring Kove & Zabka)

SPOILER:
I think people were expecting Hilary Swank but I think she appears later on as I believe she will assist Tori (Similar Wild Child) with her Aunt.

Was going to say that I wish that they would release Season 3 on DVD as I was fearing that it wouldn't be released but luckily it's out in January.

The Only thing that I didn't like is that all episodes were released on the same day. This is because I feel that I'm compelled to watch it all in order to complete it and avoid spoilers.

Granted the episodes are between 30-45 minutes long and if you do it in 2 sittings, it's like watching 2 Movies but instead of having the buzz for a couple of weeks, you could have had the anticipation and buzz for a couple of months and things that would have happened in the earlier episodes would have had time to digest, instead of people talking about the Finale.

However I know that people like binge watching and Cobra Kai seemingly has gotten the tradition of new episodes on New Years Eve.

iank 4th January 2022 08:35 PM

I've cancelled my Netflix and Stan subscriptions. Stan only really had Buffy and now they've lost that, and I've gone from Netflixing it every night when I started in August to, uh, never (once I'd finished Voyager it started going downhill lol).
A month back I did subscribe to YouTube Premium, which lets you watch it on TV sans adverts. I'm watching that now WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than the others, so screw it. :wise::behindsofa:

gag 4th January 2022 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicholasrope (Post 665206)
Cobra Kai: Season IV

The series that we never knew that we need is back and this time Daniel and Johnny team up in order to stop Kreese. However they bicker on the methods to use to teach their students. However Kreese is able to convince Terry Silver to come back and help him.

Kudos to the people who created this series because if someone said to me that a show based on a 80's Film Trilogy starring the stars from the original would not only last more than 3 episodes (Before it wears thin) that it's one of the best shows around and this is one great Season.

The fight scenes are really good and it is thrilling and there are some really good humor as well. However it is Martin Kove who again steals the show.

SPOILER:
Regarding Kreese, it seems that we may have his face turn in Season 5 as he goes after Silver and in Season 4, I thought that he seems like he cares for his students but does it in a misguided way especially after he looks out for Tori.

SPOILER:
Another thing I liked is that it seemingly looks like it's leading you to think something only to take it somewhere else for example Tori's new job (I was thinking surely that they are not going there)

SPOILER:
I liked that they bought back characters from Series for cameos, especially Stingray (Who had a bigger role than imagined)

Do Sony have the rights to Bloodsport? Seems weird that they showed a snippet. Sony surely have their own Martial Arts Movies (Shootfighter a Film starring Kove & Zabka)

SPOILER:
I think people were expecting Hilary Swank but I think she appears later on as I believe she will assist Tori (Similar Wild Child) with her Aunt.

Was going to say that I wish that they would release Season 3 on DVD as I was fearing that it wouldn't be released but luckily it's out in January.

The Only thing that I didn't like is that all episodes were released on the same day. This is because I feel that I'm compelled to watch it all in order to complete it and avoid spoilers.

Granted the episodes are between 30-45 minutes long and if you do it in 2 sittings, it's like watching 2 Movies but instead of having the buzz for a couple of weeks, you could have had the anticipation and buzz for a couple of months and things that would have happened in the earlier episodes would have had time to digest, instead of people talking about the Finale.

However I know that people like binge watching and Cobra Kai seemingly has gotten the tradition of new episodes on New Years Eve.

I watched cobra Kai in 2 days with binge watching,
Really enjoyed It and good thing was towards last 2 episode there was a few surprise that you weren't expecting, The reviews are good but at the same time it's being billed as the worst season so far,

That's the problem when they release a series in one go if you get into one episode you just watch the next and so on and before you know it you seen them all more or less in one go or in 2 days,

When new series starts I tend to watch last 2 episodes of last series to refresh myself of what gone on and how last season finished,

Did same thing with the money heist, I've finished that now,

With cobrai kai, money heist and on last 2 episodes of the witcher I need something new to binge watch now.

gag 5th January 2022 09:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Been watching bizarre ER,

One series on Netflix and another on prime,

About ppl who’ve ended up in hospital with unusual injuries or injuries caused by carelessness, or plain accident.
Even tho don't mind blood and guts in films some of these accidents etc are definitely not for the squeamish and sometimes makes you go wtf, Eg
The bloke who nailed his hand to a plank of wood by not paying attention when using a nail gun,
This is a blokes foot all started only less than 24hrs ago when he he stubbed his toe but got an infection that just blew up instantly and nurses had to act fast because it was getting worse even while he was in the hospital and if not treated asap he could end up losing his leg,
Fascinating but also omg and ew at the same time,
Like the women who got cancer in her jaw so bad as last resort she ended up with leaches On the inside of her mouth for 10 days.
And the bloke who almost sliced his foot off with an Angle grinder when it slipped right into his leg, his foot was barely hanging on.

MrBarlow 5th January 2022 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 665295)
Been watching bizarre ER,

One series on Netflix and another on prime,

About ppl who’ve ended up in hospital with unusual injuries or injuries caused by carelessness, or plain accident.
Even tho don't mind blood and guts in films some of these accidents etc are definitely not for the squeamish and sometimes makes you go wtf, Eg
The bloke who nailed his hand to a plank of wood by not paying attention when using a nail gun,
This is a blokes foot all started only less than 24hrs ago when he he stubbed his toe but got an infection that just blew up instantly and nurses had to act fast because it was getting worse even while he was in the hospital and if not treated asap he could end up losing his leg,
Fascinating but also omg and ew at the same time,
Like the women who got cancer in her jaw so bad as last resort she ended up with leaches On the inside of her mouth for 10 days.
And the bloke who almost sliced his foot off with an Angle grinder when it slipped right into his leg, his foot was barely hanging on.

Reading that made me squeamish yet I may check it out.

Demoncrat 6th January 2022 09:58 PM

Toast Of Tinseltown

Had to see what the Beeb made them change didn't I?
Well .... no spoilers but you'll see a tamer version ... well ... ;)
Cameos are less annoying than i imagined. :nod:

gag 10th January 2022 12:01 AM

Now and again I stick YouTube on my tv and browse through what crops up,

Recently I’ve seen (just short clips between 10-20 min long)
Old Blackpool,
Documentary on old computers,
Bygone sweets
And a few other things,

Any how Grange Hill cropped up so decided to watch the first 3 series, it was alright, guess times and things change I felt it was more suited to remembering nostalgia in your head, I fast forward to see what a later series would be like eg series 20, by god it so utter shit, seems to have lost what the shows was about its appeal, lack of any decent, interesting, likeable or what so ever Characters that the early days had.

MrBarlow 10th January 2022 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 665526)
Now and again I stick YouTube on my tv and browse through what crops up,

Recently I’ve seen (just short clips between 10-20 min long)
Old Blackpool,
Documentary on old computers,
Bygone sweets
And a few other things,

Any how Grange Hill cropped up so decided to watch the first 3 series, it was alright, guess times and things change I felt it was more suited to remembering nostalgia in your head, I fast forward to see what a later series would be like eg series 20, by god it so utter shit, seems to have lost what the shows was about its appeal, lack of any decent, interesting, likeable or what so ever Characters that the early days had.

I think around 94-95 it started to go down hill and that's when I became disinterested in Grange Hill

gag 10th January 2022 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 665529)
I think around 94-95 it started to go down hill and that's when I became disinterested in Grange Hill

The last main character I remember was a ginger head lad around middle 80s,
The name was (I think) John or luke or that that was the person who played him.
Think that was around then I kinda stopped watching.

gag 10th January 2022 09:10 AM

Goes to show how you can't quite remember things or things seem different and you get things a bit muddled up as you get older and times flies by.
Must be middle 90s I stopped watching it because now looking at we'll known characters Zammo Roland and few others were in after Luke.

MrBarlow 10th January 2022 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 665535)
Goes to show how you can't quite remember things or things seem different and you get things a bit muddled up as you get older and times flies by.
Must be middle 90s I stopped watching it because now looking at we'll known characters Zammo Roland and few others were in after Luke.

Bloody hell Zammo thats a, blast from the past :lol:

gag 10th January 2022 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 665555)
Bloody hell Zammo thats a, blast from the past :lol:

Tbh zammo become one of the most famous one because of his storyline resulting in the drugs song just say song,

MrBarlow 10th January 2022 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 665561)
Tbh zammo become one of the most famous one because of his storyline resulting in the drugs song just say song,

Full Episode of Zammo's last appearance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-uDpppjO70

trebor8273 11th January 2022 06:37 PM

Dexter New Blood.

Well I did enjoy this till the last episode and then they made a final episode thats worse than the ending of the original series.

Witcher season 2.

Another great season of The witcher and this time it takes place in one timeline! Only downside not enough Geralt taking a bath should of been a entire episode of this!

Cobra Kai, season 4

Another enjoyable season and can't wait too see where it goes next season, Daniel still has too be a huge tool at times and his daughter is spoiled bitch ( the sons no better)while Tory is a psycho loon, but hey dispite his flaws I love Johnny. Also like Hawk nice too see him get some redemption.

gag 11th January 2022 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 665619)
Dexter New Blood.

Well, I did enjoy this till the last episode and then they made a final episode thats worse than the ending of the original series.

Witcher season 2.

Another great season of The witcher and this time it takes place in one timeline! Only downside not enough Geralt taking a bath should have been entire episode of this!

Cobra Kai, season 4 episode

Another enjoyable season and can't wait too see where it goes next season, Daniel still has too be a huge tool at times and his daughter is a spoiled bitch ( the sons no better)while Tory is a psycho loon, but hey dispite his flaws I love Johnny. Also like Hawk nice too see him get some redemption.

cobra Kai their both bit of a tool and as bad as each other at times, but yes daniel the most stubborn,
50 odd and still holding a grudge for something that happened during teenage yrs. surely they both should have grown up by now moved on and let bygone be bygones because they both were kids then, their adults now.
At least half the characters are prepared to move forward realise their mistakes kiss and makeup:lol, whereas Tory just a psycho full stop, like a bulldog chewing on a bone and won’t let go, and growling if you come near her.
Got good reviews but at same time it’s being billed as the worst series.

gag 11th January 2022 10:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sometimes I keep tv low and put subtitles on
Aren't they hilarious at times,
Here an eg of subtitles on grange hill,
The lad said oh yes can't have you missing that can we,
Subtitles said oh yes can I have you machine gun that camel, pound::lol:

Imagine if you was deaf and relied on subtitles some films and tv shows would make no sense what so ever :nod::laugh:

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th January 2022 10:21 PM

What the hell are those subtitles doing in the middle of the screen?

gag 11th January 2022 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 665633)
What the hell are those subtitles doing in the middle of the screen?

Technically they aren't there at the bottom, but if I pause the screen they always move to the middle.

Justin101 18th January 2022 08:24 AM

Random but amusing (to me), rewatching Sex and the City from season one, and in the last episode it did a flashback “9 years ago” so would have been 1989, they were at a party and Judas Priest was playing on the stereo, ‘You’ve Got Another Thing Coming’ never noticed it before haha.

Demoncrat 18th January 2022 08:38 AM

Been watching an Kiwi series from 2005, Seven Periods With Mr Gormsby.
When a boys school with a poor reputation has to resort to rehiring an notoriously "old school" educator, lessons are learned on all sides ahem.
Lasted only one more series.
The lead is fun, a sort of blend of Terry-Thomas and R Lee Emery :lol:;). The trick here is that he isn't the worst character in the show, though his language would have the sensitive ones a-tweeting en masse now. It's on the YT, so see for yourselves ahem.

Demoncrat 18th January 2022 12:37 PM

Have come across the first series of The Tube on the YT. Being Scottish, we didn't get most of the first two years of Channel 4, so this is a hoot I must say. A time capsule indeed. :nod:

Demoncrat 20th January 2022 09:00 AM

Onto the second series of Gormsby. Talk about retconning :lol:
Our favourite teacher gets reinstated ... with predictable results.

Also up to 83 now with The Tube (watching Thin Lizzy just now). Fascinating stuff. All 5 series are apparently up. Which means I'll get to see Edward Barton's performance again :hail::laugh::nod:

Demoncrat 22nd January 2022 09:29 PM

Argh.

Still watching The Tube. The nadir. A "new bands" episode! With The Jimmy Gaynor Band. Bar band more like. More later .... :nono::lol::nod::rolleyes::behindsofa::dance:

Demoncrat 23rd January 2022 07:38 AM

U2 finished the first series (poor sound though), so onto the second ...
Leslie Ash replaces new mother Paula! Billy Bragg, Len Fairclough and Tina Turner so far .... good version of Cat People ahem.

Demoncrat 23rd January 2022 11:28 PM

Now I'm getting into it. This episode (S2, EP 5) features The Fall's national tv debut. I've seen the footage before, but this will be "in situ" as such. Happy Demon.

Demoncrat 26th January 2022 09:14 AM

Watched the first disc of the Python set. Clear as a bell, and it flows so much betterer now. A worthy purchase!! Recommended!!

Demoncrat 27th January 2022 12:36 AM

The Tube

Onto '84 ...

Gary Moore shreds somewhat ... the Scotland "report" :lol: .... Big Country ... Leslie's learned how to speak ... more laterer ... :nod:

gag 30th January 2022 01:33 PM

There a Korean zombie series on Netflix called all of us are dead, set in high school,
Pretty decent and worth watching, I've just finished episode 2.

Demoncrat 30th January 2022 05:57 PM

Been watching this Zen Motoring. Shorts. Relaxing and funny is hard to pull off, I think he's achieved it though ...

MrBarlow 31st January 2022 04:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Bourne Identity. 1988.

A man washes up on a beach in France, no memory of who he is but only small flashbacks and tries to uncover who he is while running from assassins with a doctor beside him.

I never realised this Version was made into a two part mini series that seemed to be given a good budget and nice locations. Richard Chamberlain stars as amnesiac Jason Bourne who seems to attract a lot of unwanted attention from people who seem to want him dead. Jaclyn Smith plays Marie St. Jacques who becomes a victim of kidnapping then becomes someone who helps Jason find the answers.

The two leads play a good part except for the quick love story that seems to make no sense. With the Matt Damon 2002 movie there is packed with action, car chases and fight scenes this original seems to focus on mystery and suspense rather than fight scenes with better cinematography.

Attachment 238873

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st February 2022 10:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finished The Terror last night.

A good ten episodes of historical drama that's well acted by a very good cast and looks great but i found it really predictable.

Had i been asked what i'd expect to see in a series about a lost Naval expedition to the Arctic from 1945-48 id have said pretty much everything that was on the screen. From mutiny's to crew members getting ill, rampant and really shitty looking polar bear spirits, suspicions of the indigenous population, starvation, floggings, long treks across the frozen terrain, cannibalism...blah, blah, blah.

That said it was an enjoyable and at times gripping watch even if many of the plot devices were so predictable and my overall thoughts a little disappointed.

J Harker 1st February 2022 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 666446)
I finished The Terror last night.

A good ten episodes of historical drama that's well acted by a very good cast and looks great but i found it really predictable.

Had i been asked what i'd expect to see in a series about a lost Naval expedition to the Arctic from 1945-48 id have said pretty much everything that was on the screen. From mutiny's to crew members getting ill, rampant and really shitty looking polar bear spirits, suspicions of the indigenous population, starvation, floggings, long treks across the frozen terrain, cannibalism...blah, blah, blah.

That said it was an enjoyable and at times gripping watch even if many of the plot devices were so predictable and my overall thoughts a little disappointed.

I've not finished it yet, I've two episodes left on BBC iplayer. I did think I'd be buying this but as its gone on I've decided while I'm enjoying it it's probably not something I'll return to.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Demoncrat 2nd February 2022 11:12 AM

Am enjoying this All Of Us Are Dead btw. Watching two episodes a night.
Outstrips that Day Of The Dead shite by far.:nod::nod:

gag 2nd February 2022 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 666458)
Am enjoying this All Of Us Are Dead btw. Watching two episodes a night.
Outstrips that Day Of The Dead shite by far.:nod::nod:

I’ve also been binge watching this, same about 2 episodes a day, I’ve one episode left, highly enjoyable.

trebor8273 2nd February 2022 04:46 PM

Also watching all us are dead , as mentioned far better than the shite that is day of the dead gave up after one episode.

nicholasrope 9th February 2022 08:24 PM

Jackass: Season 1

After legal issues, this is released on DVD and it's not in it's episode format and feels like it is just another Movie. This show is so 2000's and TBH, it isn't really all that good, pretty sure it improves in Season's 2 & 3.

trebor8273 9th February 2022 08:51 PM

Watched first season a magnum and started the second also been watching book of boba fett which while not quite as good as the mandalorian still better Star wars than the new trilogy the last two episodes have excellent with the mandalorian, baby Yoda , Asoka and Luke making appearance.

Also been watching Succession which is like a more serious arrested development with characters that put Jerry and co from Seinfeld too shame. Brain Cox is fantastic as Logan Roy.

Demoncrat 19th February 2022 08:49 PM

Just perused that last Louis Theroux thing about internet trolls. Hilarious. Beyond parody, just like them flat earth fuds. :nod::pound: