Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th January 2017 10:11 PM

Not sure if the last episode of Sherlock was pure genius or self indulgent toss. Probably a bit of both actually.

The final scenes suggest that might be the end of it all and i hope so based on the evidence of this series as it's not Sherlock as we know and love, it's not even the same Sherlock as the first two series that we all loved.

Did anyone notice the use of music from John Carpenter's The Fog in an early scene as the house was being approached.

Oh and Mrs Hudson vacuums to Iron Maiden's The Number of the Beast...just as i do. :dance:

How odd that Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss can use Iron Maiden and Queen in a soundtrack and it sounds really good but Argento made it seem ****ing horrible to say the least in Phenomena.

Make Them Die Slowly 15th January 2017 10:53 PM

I really enjoyed it as a bonkers episode of The Crystal Maze set in a Bond villiain's lair.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th January 2017 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 517442)
I really enjoyed it as a bonkers episode of The Crystal Maze set in a Bond villiain's lair.

It was very good in that respect but it didn't have an awful lot to do with Sherlock Holmes.

The writers used a lot of influences and suggestions that they'd already practiced in Doctor Who. From the girl in the airplane (The girl from Silence in the Library) to the whole 'Good man' idea and several others in between.

It kind of felt like a PG Saw film as well.

gag 15th January 2017 11:08 PM

Rewatching all prison break, before new season starts.
Started on Thursday im on last episode of season 1.

J Harker 15th January 2017 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 517446)
It was very good in that respect but it didn't have an awful lot to do with Sherlock Holmes.

The writers used a lot of influences and suggestions that they'd already practiced in Doctor Who. From the girl in the airplane (The girl from Silence in the Library) to the whole 'Good man' idea and several others in between.

It kind of felt like a PG Saw film as well.

Just finished watching it, I couldn't help thinking of Saw as well. I thought last week's episode was probably the best of this series. This week's had its moments but was a bit slow for my liking. The whole iconic hero and his ancestral home also felt a bit Skyfall or was that just me.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th January 2017 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 517452)
Just finished watching it, I couldn't help thinking of Saw as well. I thought last week's episode was probably the best of this series. This week's had its moments but was a bit slow for my liking. The whole iconic hero back and his ancestral home also felt a bit Skyfall or was that just me.

Yes it did feel like Skyfall, agreed.

gag 16th January 2017 08:35 PM

Tried watching emerald city, cant exactly explain why but just couldnt really get into it, wasnt keen on any of the characters, especially dorothy she seemed to lack anything of a character not much emotions or come across like she was frightened lost puzzled scared, look at her in the series and dorothy in Wizard of oz there miles apart in the acting, and character, it was also like she was transported into the future as well which not sure why but put me of, just cant pinpoint exactly what but just couldnt take to it all.

trebor8273 17th January 2017 08:38 PM

Gotten these series as they all we're quite cheap and can't help adding stuff to my pile of shame. Would like too know peoples views on them as not seen any of them.

Medium
Ghost whisperer
Roswell
Dead zone
Tru calling
Roots
Gomorrah

iank 17th January 2017 08:58 PM

The only one I've ever watched properly was Roswell. It's, er, okay, I guess, though season 1 is often agonisingly slow. There are some very nice young ladies in it, though. ;)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th January 2017 08:59 PM

The only one I have seen is Roswell, which I really enjoyed when it was broadcast and on one (I think) subsequent viewing since then.