Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd February 2018 12:51 PM

I finished watching the first series of Marvel's Iron Fist which I enjoyed despite, or possibly due to, it's slow building, origins nature and character (rather than action sequence) focus. I hope a second series follows and delivers on the multiple threads from this series, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, The Punisher and others in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

I began watching the Hammer House of Horror Blu-ray box set a couple of nights ago and was amazed at how good it looks and sounds. The picture restoration is superb and it's been so long since I have watched the series that I have completely forgotten how the episodes unfold – it's like watching it for the first time! The order is completely different to the DVD release (I don't know why they initially didn't have it in broadcast order, this is probably something else which makes it feel fresh) and I'll continue watching it this evening.

SilverSurfer 2nd February 2018 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 564850)

I began watching the Hammer House of Horror Blu-ray box set a couple of nights ago and was amazed at how good it looks and sounds. The picture restoration is superb and it's been so long since I have watched the series that I have completely forgotten how the episodes unfold – it's like watching it for the first time! The order is completely different to the DVD release (I don't know why they initially didn't have it in broadcast order, this is probably something else which makes it feel fresh) and I'll continue watching it this evening.

My favs amongst others were.

The House that Bled to Death

Rude Awakening (A bit risque for tv at the time I thought) but still good though.

and let us not forget

The Silent Scream with Peter Cushing.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd February 2018 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer (Post 564853)
My favs amongst others were.

The House that Bled to Death

Rude Awakening (A bit risque for tv at the time I thought) but still good though.

and let us not forget

The Silent Scream with Peter Cushing.

The House that Bled to Death is, interestingly enough, the next one to watch. I've looked at the description and can't remember it!

Rude Awakening is really interesting in its portrayal of someone undergoing a mental breakdown, or are they?

SilverSurfer 2nd February 2018 01:22 PM

If you do not know look out for Lennard Pearce (Grandad in Only Fools and Horses) in Witching Time

Pierce Brosnan ( 1980 the same year he was in The Long Good Friday) in Carpathian Eagle

trebor8273 2nd February 2018 07:58 PM

Watched the first episode of altered carbon which I enjoyed slow paced (in a good way) and visually stunning. With the whole thing that when people die there consciousness is placed in a new body, the main actors better behave themselves as they can easily be replaced. 8/10

Nordicdusk 4th February 2018 12:08 AM

Watched the first episode of Altered Carbon an Netflix while It was visually ppleassomething felt cheap about it. The main character is terrible so far a few times he tried to drop a few one liners that really just didn't work at all. A few of the other main characters are less than impressive but I will watch a few more episodes before giving a real verdict but so far off to a disappointing start.

iank 4th February 2018 06:32 AM

Got Jekyll and Hyde series 1 from the library today, ITV from 2015. Never even heard of it before. 1st episode was okay, I'll see how it goes.

trebor8273 4th February 2018 07:25 AM

I
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 564961)
Watched the first episode of Altered Carbon an Netflix while It was visually ppleassomething felt cheap about it. The main character is terrible so far a few times he tried to drop a few one liners that really just didn't work at all. A few of the other main characters are less than impressive but I will watch a few more episodes before giving a real verdict but so far off to a disappointing start.

Have agree about the main character, just something off with him don't know if it's the actor or how he's written , his character before he died was a lot better/ interesting.

Found James Purefoy to be good one of the better characters and really like the "hotel".

But on the whole as said enjoyed it and with anyluck it will improve.

Edit

Just looked at what else the main character was in and he played colonel Flag suicide in squad and he was poor in that, so it might be the actor at fault and if he is, it's easy enough to replace him in this show!

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th February 2018 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iank (Post 564964)
Got Jekyll and Hyde series 1 from the library today, ITV from 2015. Never even heard of it before. 1st episode was okay, I'll see how it goes.

I'd be interested to know what your verdict is Ian.

I started watching it when it was transmitted but soon gave up due to adverts.

Nordicdusk 4th February 2018 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 564965)
I

Have agree about the main character, just something off with him don't know if it's the actor or how he's written , his character before he died was a lot better/ interesting.

Found James Purefoy to be good one of the better characters and really like the "hotel".

But on the whole as said enjoyed it and with anyluck it will improve.

Edit

Just looked at what else the main character was in and he played colonel Flag suicide in squad and he was poor in that, so it might be the actor at fault and if he is, it's easy enough to replace him in this show!

I knew I recognised him yeah just a bad actor poor casting then such a shame.