Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

Justin101 18th January 2022 08:24 AM

Random but amusing (to me), rewatching Sex and the City from season one, and in the last episode it did a flashback “9 years ago” so would have been 1989, they were at a party and Judas Priest was playing on the stereo, ‘You’ve Got Another Thing Coming’ never noticed it before haha.

Demoncrat 18th January 2022 08:38 AM

Been watching an Kiwi series from 2005, Seven Periods With Mr Gormsby.
When a boys school with a poor reputation has to resort to rehiring an notoriously "old school" educator, lessons are learned on all sides ahem.
Lasted only one more series.
The lead is fun, a sort of blend of Terry-Thomas and R Lee Emery :lol:;). The trick here is that he isn't the worst character in the show, though his language would have the sensitive ones a-tweeting en masse now. It's on the YT, so see for yourselves ahem.

Demoncrat 18th January 2022 12:37 PM

Have come across the first series of The Tube on the YT. Being Scottish, we didn't get most of the first two years of Channel 4, so this is a hoot I must say. A time capsule indeed. :nod:

Demoncrat 20th January 2022 09:00 AM

Onto the second series of Gormsby. Talk about retconning :lol:
Our favourite teacher gets reinstated ... with predictable results.

Also up to 83 now with The Tube (watching Thin Lizzy just now). Fascinating stuff. All 5 series are apparently up. Which means I'll get to see Edward Barton's performance again :hail::laugh::nod:

Demoncrat 22nd January 2022 09:29 PM

Argh.

Still watching The Tube. The nadir. A "new bands" episode! With The Jimmy Gaynor Band. Bar band more like. More later .... :nono::lol::nod::rolleyes::behindsofa::dance:

Demoncrat 23rd January 2022 07:38 AM

U2 finished the first series (poor sound though), so onto the second ...
Leslie Ash replaces new mother Paula! Billy Bragg, Len Fairclough and Tina Turner so far .... good version of Cat People ahem.

Demoncrat 23rd January 2022 11:28 PM

Now I'm getting into it. This episode (S2, EP 5) features The Fall's national tv debut. I've seen the footage before, but this will be "in situ" as such. Happy Demon.

Demoncrat 26th January 2022 09:14 AM

Watched the first disc of the Python set. Clear as a bell, and it flows so much betterer now. A worthy purchase!! Recommended!!

Demoncrat 27th January 2022 12:36 AM

The Tube

Onto '84 ...

Gary Moore shreds somewhat ... the Scotland "report" :lol: .... Big Country ... Leslie's learned how to speak ... more laterer ... :nod:

gag 30th January 2022 01:33 PM

There a Korean zombie series on Netflix called all of us are dead, set in high school,
Pretty decent and worth watching, I've just finished episode 2.