Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargains Discussion Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/11050-blu-ray-bargains-discussion-thread.html)

Sobral 14th September 2015 10:26 PM

It used to be 2-for-1 before they had their FB shop, with those new "rules" it's better to order from importcds of Amazon marketplace, as mentioned.

gag 26th September 2015 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 462773)
Steelbook sale at Zavvi
clearance | Zavvi.com
The Long Good Friday Steelbook is £9.99

Why is it you always see the best bargains when skiing
Well skint as well but i never been skiing it this dam autocorrection

Bit like a women putting words into youre mouth before finishing what you say :pound:

Anyhow purge anarchy blu ray steel book £7 bargain.

J Harker 26th September 2015 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 462779)
Why is it you always see the best bargains when skiing?

Bit like a women putting words into youre mouth before finishing what you say [emoji14]ound:

True.

Susan Foreman 26th September 2015 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 462779)
Bit like a women putting words into youre mouth before finishing what you say :pound:

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 462780)
True.

That's because everything that most men say is utterly predictable!

VeZius 28th September 2015 04:44 PM

Amazon Italy is selling the regular BD boxset of the '66 Batman TV-series for 23.90€! Only difference to the UK one is that the J-card is in Italian. Episode guide and other stuff are all in English. It's supposed to have the corrected discs also.

Batman - La Serie Tv Completa 1966-1968 13 Blu-Ray: Amazon.it: Adam West, Burt Ward, Alan Napier, Neil Hamilton, Stafford Repp, Madge Blake, Yvonne Craig, Cesar Romero, Burgess Meredith, Julie Newmar, James O'Hara, Byron Keith, Frank Gorshin, Vic

bdc 28th September 2015 07:50 PM

Decided to jump on it for that price,would be a nice bonus if the set is corrected. :)

VeZius 29th September 2015 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 462963)
Decided to jump on it for that price,would be a nice bonus if the set is corrected. :)

So far everyone who's got it seem to be saying it has the corrected discs. :)

trebor8273 29th September 2015 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeZius (Post 462937)
Amazon Italy is selling the regular BD boxset of the '66 Batman TV-series for 23.90€! Only difference to the UK one is that the J-card is in Italian. Episode guide and other stuff are all in English. It's supposed to have the corrected discs also.

Batman - La Serie Tv Completa 1966-1968 13 Blu-Ray: Amazon.it: Adam West, Burt Ward, Alan Napier, Neil Hamilton, Stafford Repp, Madge Blake, Yvonne Craig, Cesar Romero, Burgess Meredith, Julie Newmar, James O'Hara, Byron Keith, Frank Gorshin, Vic

seems to have increased in price but still a lot cheper than any place else

monkeypedro 1st October 2015 11:04 PM

I just ordered X-ray and Dead of Winter from Base.com via their shop on Ratuken as they are currently £7.09 plus you get an extra 10% off with the code BDAY10 and earn 175 Ratuken points which is £1.75 to spend on future purchases.

The 10% code can only be used once per account and i have no idea when it ends but the 25 points back for every £1 spent ends 23:59 on 5/10/15.

Also Amazon is listing some of the 88 Films titles at newly reduced prices.

Sam 2nd October 2015 11:55 AM

I think this has been mentioned before there is loads of good stuff in Fopp ... 88 films blu rays at £6 and DVDs at £3. There are also quite a few Arrow blus at £6.

trebor8273 14th October 2015 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 463297)
I just ordered X-ray and Dead of Winter from Base.com via their shop on Ratuken as they are currently £7.09 plus you get an extra 10% off with the code BDAY10 and earn 175 Ratuken points which is £1.75 to spend on future purchases.

The 10% code can only be used once per account and i have no idea when it ends but the 25 points back for every £1 spent ends 23:59 on 5/10/15.

Also Amazon is listing some of the 88 Films titles at newly reduced prices.

Did your stuff turn up? Been two days and no sign of my stuff being dispatched and two of the items are no longer in stock even though they said they had over 200

monkeypedro 14th October 2015 04:59 PM

It took nearly a week to dispatch my order but i received the parcel within a few days once sent.

trebor8273 14th October 2015 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 464699)
It took nearly a week to dispatch my order but i received the parcel within a few days once sent.

thanks for the reply. contacted them and was told they had no stock, so they have canceled my order. but what i would like to now why even take my order and say its ready for dispatch, if they had no stock. will have to look elsewhere now for cheaper copies of

dont go in the woods
dead of winter
graduation daY

Sobral 20th October 2015 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeZius (Post 462937)

It's gone up to 34€, but the same edition is on the spanish amazon for 28€, just ordered one :)

Batman - La Serie Tv Completa 1966-1968 13 Blu-Ray Italia Blu-ray: Amazon.es: Neil Hamilton, Alan Napier, Burt Ward, Adam West: Cine y Series TV

VeZius 9th November 2015 11:52 AM

allyourmusic seller at Amazon UK has these two for an incredible price:

Vanilla Sky £2.02
The Cell (newer release) £3.64

Vipp 9th November 2015 03:27 PM

I logged into my emails and im sure i clicked my junk folder to get rid of the reams of bollops i get sent and saw the message

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeZius (Post 467676)
allyourmusic seller at Amazon UK has these two for an incredible price:

Vanilla Sky £2.02
The Cell (newer release) £3.64

I thought 'Seriously who thinks im going to click a link to amazon to buy that bunch of crap, they need to try harder to catch me out' HAHA! then i realized it was from the forum. made me laugh. Sorry V!

VeZius 9th November 2015 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipp (Post 467696)
I logged into my emails and im sure i clicked my junk folder to get rid of the reams of bollops i get sent and saw the message

I thought 'Seriously who thinks im going to click a link to amazon to buy that bunch of crap, they need to try harder to catch me out' HAHA! then i realized it was from the forum. made me laugh. Sorry V!

Didn't realize I wrote in such a cheesy spammy way. :lol:

Vipp 10th November 2015 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeZius (Post 467706)
Didn't realize I wrote in such a cheesy spammy way. :lol:

Sorry mate i didn;t word my phrase very well, i was tired and have been getting tons of spam recently. it's not your writing - i was used to getting offers for everything from sex to investment offers of Nigerian kings... Haha.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th November 2015 06:08 PM

Guaranteed to cost me a small fortune, Barnes & Noble have 50% off Criterion Collection releases until November 20.

Justin101 20th November 2015 12:57 PM

Not sure if anyone here would be interested, and I already have it myself, but the Complete Friends series box set on amazon is currently a right bargain at £35.00

Friends - Complete Season 1-10 Blu-ray 1994 Region Free: Amazon.co.uk: Jennifer Aniston, Matt LeBlanc, Courteney Cox, David Schwimmer, Lisa Kudrow, Matthew Perry: DVD & Blu-ray

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th November 2015 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 468554)
Not sure if anyone here would be interested, and I already have it myself, but the Complete Friends series box set on amazon is currently a right bargain at £35.00

Friends - Complete Season 1-10 Blu-ray 1994 Region Free: Amazon.co.uk: Jennifer Aniston, Matt LeBlanc, Courteney Cox, David Schwimmer, Lisa Kudrow, Matthew Perry: DVD & Blu-ray

A quality show. Absolutely timeless television.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th November 2015 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 468554)

Considering I ordered the complete Blu-ray box set sets of The Wire and The Sopranos yesterday, I really shouldn't buy anything else this month, but that is very, very tempting.

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th November 2015 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 468561)
Considering I ordered the complete Blu-ray box set sets of The Wire and The Sopranos yesterday, I really shouldn't buy anything else this month, but that is very, very tempting.

Having looked, it wouldn't be to me.

It's the wrong aspect ratio. Friends was never widescreen.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th November 2015 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 468562)
Having looked, it wouldn't be to me.

It's the wrong aspect ratio. Friends was never widescreen.

And it is on the Blu-ray release? Unless it went through a painstaking, time-consuming and expensive restoration and reframing exercise, as The Wire did, it'll just look weird (like Buffy the Vampire Slayer) in widescreen.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th November 2015 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 468567)
And it is on the Blu-ray release? Unless it went through a painstaking, time-consuming and expensive restoration and reframing exercise, as The Wire did, it'll just look weird (like Buffy the Vampire Slayer) in widescreen.

I just looked on DVD Compare and according to them, the US release of the first season is in 1.78:1. That's wrong. WRONG!

J Harker 22nd November 2015 03:34 AM

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11...4c1e00c9ff.jpg
£8.99 at Zavvi
http://m.zavvi.com/blu-ray/nemesis-1.../11088039.html

Justin101 23rd November 2015 09:00 AM

The Budget James Bond boxed set is the Amazon deal of the day at £39.99 - absolute bargain at £1.74 per film, packaging is basic but it takes up little shelf space and it looks smart enough. I've just told the other half and I'll be getting one for Christmas :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...f_rd_i=desktop

J Harker 23rd November 2015 09:06 AM

If i weren't broke right now I'd be all over that.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd November 2015 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 468778)
The Budget James Bond boxed set is the Amazon deal of the day at £39.99 - absolute bargain at £1.74 per film, packaging is basic but it takes up little shelf space and it looks smart enough. I've just told the other half and I'll be getting one for Christmas :)

James Bond - 23 Film Collection [Blu-ray] [2015]: Amazon.co.uk: Sean Connery, George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan, Daniel Craig, Joseph Wiseman, Gert Fröbe, Diana Rigg, Telly Savalas, Christopher Lee, Curd Jürgens, Maud Adams,

I've been looking at the other box set for a while, internally wincing at the price and wondering where the hell I'd put it anyway, so that is really tempting. Thanks!

J Harker 23rd November 2015 10:05 AM

The space saving aspect does appeal given individual Bond releases take up a fair bit of shelf space. And knowing that there's always another Bond film to come it does also feel like any Bond Collection is going to be incomplete. But with this having space for Spectre and Spectre reportedly being Daniel Craigs last turn James Bond it does feel like a neat cut of point. Damn, very tempting.

Justin101 23rd November 2015 12:12 PM

Alfred Hitchcock - The Masterpiece Collection Blu-ray 1942 Region Free: Amazon.co.uk: James Stewart, Alfred Hitchcock: DVD & Blu-ray

I also have this... but £22.00 is an absolute steal - got this for Christmas last year and it's great. This one is a lightening deal so only available for 2hrs,

MacBlayne 23rd November 2015 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 468842)
Alfred Hitchcock - The Masterpiece Collection Blu-ray 1942 Region Free: Amazon.co.uk: James Stewart, Alfred Hitchcock: DVD & Blu-ray

I also have this... but £22.00 is an absolute steal - got this for Christmas last year and it's great. This one is a lightening deal so only available for 2hrs,

I never did one of these lightning deals before. Do you have to be on Prime to use it? And it's giving me a time before I can do anything (about seven minutes at the moment).

EDIT: Wait, the timer is just so Prime customers have early access. Sorry to waste your time.

Justin101 23rd November 2015 12:39 PM

That's correct, as soon as the timer runs down it will have a buy now button!

MacBlayne 23rd November 2015 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 468847)
That's correct, as soon as the timer runs down it will have a buy now button!

And I just did, along with a copy of Sint. Finally, I can watch The Birds whenever I want in the correct aspect ratio.

Thanks a bunch!

Justin101 23rd November 2015 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBlayne (Post 468850)
And I just did, along with a copy of Sint. Finally, I can watch The Birds whenever I want in the correct aspect ratio.

Thanks a bunch!

Well done it's sold out now :lol:

MacBlayne 23rd November 2015 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 468851)
Well done it's sold out now :lol:

Seriously!?! God, that was fortunate timing. Once again, thanks for the link. I was contemplating buying it to replace my DVD collection (for The Birds more than anything else) but the price was too steep. And this deal just made it possible.

Justin101 23rd November 2015 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBlayne (Post 468852)
Seriously!?! God, that was fortunate timing. Once again, thanks for the link. I was contemplating buying it to replace my DVD collection (for The Birds more than anything else) but the price was too steep. And this deal just made it possible.

If you don't have the others they are all worth a look too, Psycho looks amazing, Rear Window too, Vertigo and Marnie are both really fun to watch and Rope is a personal favourite of mine seeing as it's a black comedy!

MacBlayne 23rd November 2015 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 468853)
If you don't have the others they are all worth a look too, Psycho looks amazing, Rear Window too, Vertigo and Marnie are both really fun to watch and Rope is a personal favourite of mine seeing as it's a black comedy!

I love all those films but The Birds is my favourite (followed by Frenzy and The Trouble with Harry). RTE show it here every Christmas in widescreen and I always make sure to watch it. But now I can do so in glorious HD.

Graeme73 23rd November 2015 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 468842)

I was fortunate to clock this earlier. Glad I did as I haven't yet managed to add any Hitchcock to my collection...for that price, it's a steal :)

Graeme73 23rd November 2015 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 468778)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...f_rd_i=desktop

What are the extras like on this, mate? The reviews aren't particularly helpful, but one person seems to think they're 'basic' too...