Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargains Discussion Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/11050-blu-ray-bargains-discussion-thread.html)

Graeme73 23rd November 2015 02:57 PM

Sorry - I read that as you'd already got it - duh!

Justin101 23rd November 2015 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graeme73 (Post 468862)
Sorry - I read that as you'd already got it - duh!

I do have it, I got it last Christmas as a gift, the discs are all the same as the separate retail discs, meaning that the more popular ones have new extras but they are mostly docs which have been available on the DVDs. There is something on every disc though relating to the films. If you go on bluray.com you can see the individual releases.

Check this link and scroll down a little bit;

Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection Blu-ray: Saboteur, Shadow of a Doubt, Rope, Rear Window, The Trouble with Harry, The Man Who Knew Too Much, Vertigo, Psycho, The Birds, Marnie, Torn Curtain, Topaz, Frenzy, Family Plot (United Kingdom)

Graeme73 23rd November 2015 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 468864)
I do have it, I got it last Christmas as a gift, the discs are all the same as the separate retail discs, meaning that the more popular ones have new extras but they are mostly docs which have been available on the DVDs. There is something on every disc though relating to the films. If you go on bluray.com you can see the individual releases.

Check this link and scroll down a little bit;

Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection Blu-ray: Saboteur, Shadow of a Doubt, Rope, Rear Window, The Trouble with Harry, The Man Who Knew Too Much, Vertigo, Psycho, The Birds, Marnie, Torn Curtain, Topaz, Frenzy, Family Plot (United Kingdom)

Sorry - I meant the Bond collection

Justin101 24th November 2015 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graeme73 (Post 468869)
Sorry - I meant the Bond collection

Oh sorry, no I don't have that yet, but by all accounts the discs are the exact same retail discs as the individual releases so all extras and audio options are the same.

J Harker 3rd April 2016 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tele1962 (Post 483782)
Flash sale @ Zavvi:

Blu-ray | Zavvi.com

Universal Monsters Ltd Ed coffin set is in it at £25.99. Although I'd take the 'Ltd Edition' tag with a pinch of salt.

trebor8273 3rd April 2016 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 483784)
Universal Monsters Ltd Ed coffin set is in it at £25.99. Although I'd take the 'Ltd Edition' tag with a pinch of salt.

It's pretty awful had it when it first came out and all it is, is a cardboard box that the normal edition goes in, why they coudnt of done something like the legacy DVD collection with the busts is beyond me. I would honestly save some money and buy the normal edition

Stage fright is £6 plus £1.26 postage from Amazon marketplace seller, ordered it myself so will let peopel know what it's like when it arrives

Amazon.co.uk: Buying Choices: StageFright (1987) Limited Edition [DVD and Blu-ray Combo Pack]

J Harker 3rd April 2016 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 483791)
It's pretty awful had it when it first came out and all it is, is a cardboard box that the normal edition goes in, why they coudnt of done something like the legacy DVD collection with the busts is beyond me. I would honestly save some money and buy the normal edition

Stage fright is £6 plus £1.26 postage from Amazon marketplace seller, ordered it myself so will let peopel know what it's like when it arrives

Amazon.co.uk: Buying Choices: StageFright (1987) Limited Edition [DVD and Blu-ray Combo Pack]

I bought it on release, i think its ok but agree a lot more could and should have been done with it. The booklet is very poor. I'd like to know why it's still available something like two years on at half the price i paid when it's supposed to be limited. And for a while it disappeared and prices went up then suddenly its available again in very slightly different packaging. Hence my 'take the limited edition tag with a pinch of salt' comment. I personally reckon it sold out and Universal just printed some more.

StageFright assuming its the Exposure release is excellent all around.

Justin101 18th April 2016 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuckyFunster (Post 485982)
Stage Fright limited edition Blu Ray/DVD combo is on sale, reduced to £5.99 with free postage from Exposure Direct on eBay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/272187829991

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought it for £7 from them 2 weeks ago and it was a bargain then, I wonder how many copies they have lying around. It's probably safe to say that there wont be another film coming from them and they're liquidating their assets which is a shame.

Demoncrat 18th April 2016 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 486035)
I bought it for £7 from them 2 weeks ago and it was a bargain then, I wonder how many copies they have lying around. It's probably safe to say that there wont be another film coming from them and they're liquidating their assets which is a shame.

Buggeration then.

Justin101 18th April 2016 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 486041)
Buggeration then.

To be fair though, the trailer that plays before the menu loads up on the BD was for Zombi Holocaust and we know that's out on 88 Films, they probably lost the bid for that film and couldn't find anything else they wanted to release.

Demoncrat 18th April 2016 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 486042)
To be fair though, the trailer that plays before the menu loads up on the BD was for Zombi Holocaust and we know that's out on 88 Films, they probably lost the bid for that film and couldn't find anything else they wanted to release.

Indeed. Shame.

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th April 2016 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 486042)

I'm sure they restored it then let 88 have it. It's been discussed on here previously.

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th April 2016 01:24 PM

States 88 Films, Richard Elliot:

Quote:

“We are proud to debut ZOMBI HOLOCAUST and BURIAL GROUND on BluRay in the UK. Originally both titles had been acquired by our friends at Exposure Cinema, who have recently released a limited Blu-ray edition of Michele Soavi’s classic ‘80s slasher, STAGEFRIGHT. In the end, we decided to collaborate on bringing both films to British shelves under the new 88 ITALIAN label – and we have to thank Exposure for assisting us in making this possible. We are all very excited about 88 ITALIAN and the potential for future releases under this banner.”
Sounds like the Italian line under 88's banner is also Exposure Cinema as well.

Justin101 18th April 2016 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 486049)
Sounds like the Italian line under 88's banner is also Exposure Cinema as well.

That makes me feel better to be honest, the Stagefright BD was a very well put together package with interesting bonus features.

tele1962 23rd April 2016 05:46 PM

Just been informed Cannibal Ferox Limited Edition Blu is available from All Your Music via Amazon Market Place for £16.99.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-li...&condition=new

fuzzymctiger 29th April 2016 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 487700)
Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery is only £17.99 at HMV at the moment - a fantastic price for such a great set.

HMV don't ship overseas do they????

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th April 2016 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 487700)
Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery is only £17.99 at HMV at the moment - a fantastic price for such a great set.

When i got the email yesterday i was looking forward to this weekend flash sale.

44 items isn't much is it. Disappointing but also pleasing for the wallet. :nod:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 29th April 2016 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 487712)
HMV don't ship overseas do they????

No, unfortunately not.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 29th April 2016 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 487716)
When i got the email yesterday i was looking forward to this weekend flash sale.

44 items isn't much is it. Disappointing but also pleasing for the wallet. :nod:

I didn't even get the e-mail. :(

I'm all 'saled' out at the moment and have a couple of expensive months ahead of me mainly courtesy of the BFI's Alan Clarke set so am actually glad.

fuzzymctiger 29th April 2016 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 487735)
No, unfortunately not.

Damn, shattered :(

That boxset is worth it alone for Fire Walk With Me's deleted scenes, let alone the whole show and movie in HD :crying:

Edgeworth 29th April 2016 04:41 PM

Picked the Twin Peaks set up in store earlier, all the other May day offers they had weren't great.

Sam 1st May 2016 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edgeworth (Post 487800)
Picked the Twin Peaks set up in store earlier, all the other May day offers they had weren't great.

None left in my local HMV so might order it online. I assume these offers are on til bank holiday Monday?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th May 2016 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 490520)
AT TIME OF WRITING, the pre-order for Arrows release of 'Satan's Blade' is £12.17 at Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Satans-Blad...g=bluraycom-21

Thanks. I've just ordered it with my NUS discount.

J Harker 20th June 2016 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 494717)
As spotted by J Harker, the Death Walks Twice set is currently £24.99 at Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Death-Walks...dp/B019C9Q0AS/

Much obliged Nos.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th June 2016 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 494718)
Much obliged Nos.

You're welcome.

Justin101 20th June 2016 12:57 PM

I really want it but I'm trying to save and I've already spent loads this pay period :lol:

J Harker 20th June 2016 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 494724)
I really want it but I'm trying to save and I've already spent loads this pay period [emoji38]

Be warned Justin, according to Arrows last stock update the set is now 90% gone.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th June 2016 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 494745)
Be warned Justin, according to Arrows last stock update the set is now 90% gone.

I was going to say it's a case of buy now or miss out completely.

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th June 2016 02:23 PM

The films will come out individually at some point though.

Justin101 20th June 2016 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 494756)

As much as I love the fancy box sets I have Black Cats, Deep Red, Hellraiser, Bride of Re-Animator, Nekromantic 2 and Society all gathering dust un-watched on my shelf.

I think I'd rather have £25 more in my Tokyo spending money fund :)

monkeypedro 20th June 2016 03:47 PM

The Death walks box set is back up to £32.99 already.

I was lucky as managed to get it from Amazon via Music Magpie for £8.10 delivered just two weeks after release and it was in immaculate condition.

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th June 2016 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 494773)
The Death walks box set is back up to £32.99 already.

I was lucky as managed to get it from Amazon via Music Magpie for £8.10 delivered just two weeks after release and it was in immaculate condition.

You must have made an error MP.

It's still £24.99 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Death-Walks...ds=death+walks

monkeypedro 20th June 2016 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 494775)
You must have made an error MP.

It's still £24.99 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Death-Walks...ds=death+walks

My bad, think i must of got confused with the Killer Dames box set.

J Harker 20th June 2016 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 494756)

True though initially they will most likely be around £12.99-£15.99 each and will be minus the booklet (i appreciate that doesn't matter to everyone) meaning this is still cheaper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 494762)
As much as I love the fancy box sets I have Black Cats, Deep Red, Hellraiser, Bride of Re-Animator, Nekromantic 2 and Society all gathering dust un-watched on my shelf.

I think I'd rather have £25 more in my Tokyo spending money fund :)

Furry muff.

J Harker 28th June 2016 11:43 AM

Summer sale has started at Arrow
http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/shop/ind...tegory&path=89

J Harker 4th July 2016 06:26 PM

Zavvi are doing a promotion on Arrow titles. 10% off at checkout when you enter a code. Applies to preorders too.
http://m.zavvi.com/offers/independen...row-films.list

Sam 4th July 2016 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 496044)
Zavvi are doing a promotion on Arrow titles. 10% off at checkout when you enter a code. Applies to preorders too.
Arrow Video | Zavvi.com

Thanks for the tip-off, just ordered the Killer Dames set for £26.99!!

J Harker 4th July 2016 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 496048)
Thanks for the tip-off, just ordered the Killer Dames set for £26.99!!

Yeah thats about the best bargain i can see. Bit skint or I'd order it myself.

Delirium 5th July 2016 10:16 PM

Folks, remind me .. which customs friendly German retailers do you use?

Delirium 8th July 2016 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirium (Post 496194)
Folks, remind me .. which customs friendly German retailers do you use?

Um.. Has this thread died a death?