Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargains Discussion Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/11050-blu-ray-bargains-discussion-thread.html)

Daemonia 9th July 2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 351678)
Nice Spot Dae!

I picked up Christine on DVD and Eath Vs The Flying Saucers on BD

I've already got Earth vs the Flying Saucers otherwise I would've grabbed that too. It's a great disc though and looks superb in HD. You even get the colourised version in HD too and it doesn't look bad, but I couldn't watch it all in colour because it just felt wrong. :lol:

oaxaca 9th July 2013 12:52 PM

Wow their delivery is super fast. I ordered yesterday and received today!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th July 2013 12:58 PM

Nothing has arrived today but, as I didn't expect it to, I'm not disappointed!

trebor8273 9th July 2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 351683)
I've already got Earth vs the Flying Saucers otherwise I would've grabbed that too. It's a great disc though and looks superb in HD. You even get the colourised version in HD too and it doesn't look bad, but I couldn't watch it all in colour because it just felt wrong. :lol:

agree don't like the colourised version, the colours are all wrong and all the people look like there suffering from Jaundice!

Paul@TheOverlook 9th July 2013 01:15 PM

I had mine today too. Just ordered some more.

Daemonia, this is one gift that keeps on giving! :D

trebor8273 10th July 2013 11:15 AM

theirs a sale on the arrow website, some great bargains. i really dont want too spend anymore money, but at these prices its a offer i cant refuse. good news its till July 31st

baron blood 8.99
black Sabbath 8.99
black sunday 8.99
deadly blessing 7.99
vineyard 5.99 dvd
spiderbaby 9.99
blow out 8.99
blow out steelbook 12.99
django prepare a coffin 8.99
motel hell 7.99
foxy brown 9.99
foxy brown steelbook 14.99

http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/index.php?category_id=22&

Slippery Jack 10th July 2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 351818)
theirs a sale on the arrow website, some great bargains. i really dont want too spend anymore money, but at these prices its a offer i cant refuse. good news its till July 31st

Nice one, Trebor :cool: Just got Blacks Sunday and Sabbath . . .

PaulD 10th July 2013 11:52 AM

So annoyed, I bought foxy Brown, Baron Blood and Black Sabbath for about £1 more each the other day. Not much of a price difference admittedly but annoying to know I didn't get the best deal. Oh well, still gonna go for Motel Hell and Django now

trebor8273 10th July 2013 11:53 AM

Well going to get
Black sabbath
Black Sunday
Baron blood
Foxy brown steelbook
Knightriders
Lisa and the devil
Dead end drive in

Thankfully the sale ends at 31st July so don't have to spend money all at once

Slippery Jack 10th July 2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 351826)
Thankfully the sale ends at 31st July so don't have to spend money all at once

Indeed. I'm going to pace myself and maybe get a couple more next week . . .

fuzzymctiger 10th July 2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 351825)
So annoyed, I bought foxy Brown, Baron Blood and Black Sabbath for about £1 more each the other day. Not much of a price difference admittedly but annoying to know I didn't get the best deal. Oh well, still gonna go for Motel Hell and Django now

I'm annoyed, as I preorder them ages ago for about 5 or 6 pounds more, but due to order problems, they only arrived yesterday, so I should have been able to order them now, and get them at those prices.

But too late now.

fuzzymctiger 10th July 2013 12:12 PM

Also just noticed, none of the slipcases are discounted either :(

PaulD 10th July 2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 351830)
I'm annoyed, as I preorder them ages ago for about 5 or 6 pounds more, but due to order problems, they only arrived yesterday, so I should have been able to order them now, and get them at those prices.

But too late now.

Oh, now THAT is annoying.

I'd be tempted to email them with a complaint. After all you paid more to pre-order then to get them as early as possible.

trebor8273 10th July 2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 351831)
Also just noticed, none of the slipcases are discounted either :(

With them discontinuing slipcase I'm not that bothered by it. Would be nice if they had for those who are collecting them

Edgeworth 10th July 2013 01:05 PM

Wow, they discounted those fast.

Ordered Motel Hell and Spider Baby, got all the other blu releases other than the softcore ones and re-releases. Might get Django/Deadly Blessing at a later date but already got the DVDs and can't see me wathing them again anytime soon.

Cheers trebor.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th July 2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 351827)
Indeed. I'm going to pace myself and maybe get a couple more next week . . .

That's my plan as there are a couple I want which I don't yet have and I would really like the 'normal' Foxy Brown and Blow Out releases. However, because I have the Steelbooks, I can't really justify paying £20 so my shelves look prettier!

Slippery Jack 10th July 2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 351837)
I would really like the 'normal' Foxy Brown and Blow Out releases. However, because I have the Steelbooks, I can't really justify paying £20 so my shelves look prettier!

You people :rolleyes: . . .

Daemonia 11th July 2013 12:11 AM

I grabbed Motel Hell for £7.99. Good deal, I'd say.

Daemonia 11th July 2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 351839)
You people :rolleyes: . . .

We're all 'people'.....hadn't you noticed?

trebor8273 14th July 2013 12:29 PM

Think of getting these from this seller which to people recommend

13th floor
Adventures of baron munchausen
Cj7
The professionals
Hollowman
Ghosts of mars
The covenant
Glory

Paul@TheOverlook 14th July 2013 03:26 PM

Glory, Hollow Man, Professionals and Baron Munchausen all well worth the dough. Ghosts of Mars is an enjoyable bad film and Thirteenth Floor is okay (it's a remake of the Fassbinder film World on a Wire). I've not seen the others.

sjconstable 14th July 2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 352495)
Thirteenth Floor is okay (it's a remake of the Fassbinder film World on a Wire). I've not seen the others.

Yeah, worth a watch, but it's World on a Wire that's worth owning.

Zann 15th July 2013 05:00 PM

The Killing of a Chinese Bookie (3-Disc Limited Edition) (DVD & Blu-ray)

For anyone that pre-ordered, this appears to be shipping now from Amazon.

Slippery Jack 15th July 2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zann (Post 352648)
The Killing of a Chinese Bookie (3-Disc Limited Edition) (DVD & Blu-ray)

For anyone that pre-ordered, this appears to be shipping now from Amazon.

Yeah, I saw this in HMV today. Hoping mine turns up tomorrow . . .

Sam 15th July 2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 352495)
Glory, Hollow Man, Professionals and Baron Munchausen all well worth the dough. Ghosts of Mars is an enjoyable bad film and Thirteenth Floor is okay (it's a remake of the Fassbinder film World on a Wire). I've not seen the others.

Was thinking of picking up The Professionals from this seller but, to be honest, I've never really explored American Westerns, despite being a big Spaghetti Western fan. How does this compare to the SW genre?

I'm also surprised no-one's mentioned Identity, which is also going for a song from the same seller and, from recollection, is a tidy little thriller

Daemonia 16th July 2013 12:39 AM

The Professionals is an excellent western - and although American in origin, it has many of the hallmarks of spaghetti westerns. Highly recommended, by me at least.

Paul@TheOverlook 16th July 2013 06:48 AM

Identity is a cracking film, I rewatched it a few weeks ago.

fuzzymctiger 16th July 2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 352773)

Terrible ending, but a fantastic film over all

Rik 16th July 2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 352773)

I saw it at the cinema and loved it, bought the DVD on release and stupidly lent it out and never had it returned, really need to buy it again

Paul@TheOverlook 16th July 2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 352813)
I saw it at the cinema and loved it, bought the DVD on release and stupidly lent it out and never had it returned, really need to buy it again

The Blu-ray is worth picking up, especially at the price that that eBay seller is currently shifting it for. It's a significant upgrade from the DVD, the sound in particular is great.

Roughale 16th July 2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 352820)
http://www.play.com/stores/Entertain...rid:%7BAdId%7D

The hobbit bluray steelbook for a tenner today only

One of the various Deals of the Day as of late, where I cannot find a buy option, could it be that some merchants at Play do not accept Euro as currency? Or do not even send it to non-UK addresses? Play has become pretty dodgy these last months... I would really just buy only at zavvi if it was not for all those tons of steelbooks there... :happy:

Edit: Yep, it's that, once I change the currency the Buy button is there but my address is rejected and then it says "can only be delivered to UK addresses" - would be nice to know beforehand...

Edgeworth 16th July 2013 08:12 PM

Hobbit is getting an extended cut steelbook, probably why they are trying to shift the current lot.

trebor8273 13th August 2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 358493)
The Chernobyl Diaries steel book is only £7.99 on Play.com as a deal of the day.

What's it like I like a nice steelbook but 7.99 still a lot for a blind buy

oaxaca 29th August 2013 04:47 PM

This blu ray steelbook is going for £19.55 now on amazon.co.uk... 44p cheaper than the non-limited amaray version strangely enough!

http://images.static-bluray.com/movi...1165_large.jpg

Wes 29th August 2013 05:24 PM

I gotta say, 20 bucks for a Blu is a bit rich for my blood and that's before I convert it into yo-yo's... I desperately wanted to get the excellent looking Swedish Blu of Peter Greenaway's Nightwatching, (on sale over at Amz Marketplace) but 20 English pounds is well inside the death zone for me...

(Anyway, steelbooks... I just don't get it?)

oaxaca 29th August 2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 362117)
I gotta say, 20 bucks for a Blu is a bit rich for my blood and that's before I convert it into yo-yo's... I desperately wanted to get the excellent looking Swedish Blu of Peter Greenaway's Nightwatching, (on sale over at Amz Marketplace) but 20 English pounds is well inside the death zone for me...

Well I only mention it in this thread 'cause it was £30 the other day!! :p £20 is much better although all previous Eureka steelbooks have started at about £16 from what I remember so it is a bit dearer than normal, but it might come down.

Wes 29th August 2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 362144)
Well I only mention it in this thread 'cause it was £30 the other day!! :p

£30 !!! Wow, that is a rob ! :eek:

Slippery Jack 30th August 2013 08:09 PM

Ooh, now I'm pretty anti-steelbook, but that Nossy art by Albin Grau is one of my all-time fave film posters. Might have to steel-up for that...

ArgentoFan1987 7th September 2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 362117)

Steelbooks just look so much cooler, Wes!

I'd like to see Arrow release Slaughter High on Blu-Ray. I LOVED it, and I'd just like to own the Blu-Ray.

Rik 26th September 2013 12:14 PM

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/blu-ray/11050-blu-ray-bargains-discussion-thread.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthelvis (Post 368194)

SOLD OUT ALREADY FOLKS!!!!:(