Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargains Discussion Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/11050-blu-ray-bargains-discussion-thread.html)

Zann 19th November 2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 378794)
Quite a few people wanted separate threads so they know when there is an e-mail alert to say there is a post in the Blu-ray Bargains thread then know that means there is a new bargain, not someone commenting on a bargain.

For what it's worth count me in the two separate threads camp. If I see Bargain Alert I expect to read just that :nod:

Refused 19th November 2013 09:21 PM

The problem was the thread would sometimes go for pages at a time without any actual bargains to speak of.

Zann 20th November 2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 378862)
Foxy Brown Steelbook only £10.25 on Amazon.

Daaammnn it! Not under a tenner but less than the regular BD...already bought loads this month :confused: Ordered! :pop2:

Delirium 20th November 2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zann (Post 378802)
For what it's worth count me in the two separate threads camp. If I see Bargain Alert I expect to read just that :nod:

Yeah, same. The thread was always being bumped with idle chatter which made subscribing pointless. And if you don't subscribe, the likelihood is you miss that bargain.

Now you get a notification for just the bargains, and the chatter you can pop in to anytime. Makes much more sense this way.

I like it this way.

oaxaca 20th November 2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zann (Post 378802)

Yeh this new system is better in my opinion. :)

trebor8273 27th November 2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 380312)
Scream Factory's NIGHT OF THE COMET and ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13 are both back in stock on importcds.com today and they are now selling them on amazon.co.uk marketplace under the guise of 'all_your_music' for £10.31 and £11.16 respectively! Fantastic prices.

http://images4.static-bluray.com/mov...9200_large.jpghttp://images3.static-bluray.com/mov...1385_large.jpg

Might pick up assault on precinct 13 never like night of the comet to much found it a bit boring and silly

Zann 29th November 2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 380641)
universal monster blu ray set 16.99 in black friday deals

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008H45YS...rd_p=449478907

Great deal for those like me that don't own already. Got Boardwalk Empire I-III BD for £29.99 too - first decent things I've seen on there.

Rik 30th November 2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 380864)
Whilst not a massive bargain, I noticed that the Nosferatu steelbook is only £14.95 at The Hut.

Excellent! I only just posted on here that I was after it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 380855)
Really want that Nosferatu steelie, hopefully that fat sod that breaks into people's houses on the 24th of next month already knows this :nod:

Can't resist for that price!

oaxaca 1st December 2013 02:41 PM

SEVEN SAMURAI steelbook for £9.99 is totally bargainaceous. I had to go for it.

trebor8273 6th December 2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tele1962 (Post 381966)
Just a heads up Amazon Spain have the complete Basil Rathbone Sherlock Holmes Blu Ray film box set for £12......£17 inc P&P.

Sherlock Holmes Classic Collection - Serie Completa Internacional Blu-ray: Amazon.es: Varios: Cine y Series TV

any difference between this and the region A boxset?

tele1962 6th December 2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 381975)
any difference between this and the region A boxset?

I don't think there are any extras and one less disc, but apart from that same PQ etc, for a fraction of the price. :nod:

trebor8273 6th December 2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tele1962 (Post 381977)
I don't think there are any extras and one less disc, but apart from that same PQ etc, for a fraction of the price. :nod:

more money to spend, love these films but not the most accurate films about Holmes, i was disappointed that he didn't fight Nazis when i got around to reading Arthur Conan Doyle work:lol:

they also have the Jeremy Brett Holmes cheap and poirot

oaxaca 6th December 2013 10:13 PM

Both the Jeremy Brett collection and especially the Rathbone one are ridiculously cheap on that Spanish site! Thanks so much for the heads up guys! I've just ordered both. Will have to send my US amazon order of the Brett box back to amazon.com when it arrives for a refund. That refund will pretty much pay for BOTH sets from amazon.es!! I can also now retire my Jeremy Brett Complete Collection DVD boxset, which will be going up on ebay I think as cex will only give £7 for it.

Cannot wait to see the Brett episodes in HD, possibly my favourite TV series ever. For me, Jeremy Brett and David Burke (Edward Hardwicke wasn't as good when he took over as Watson half way through) are the definitive Holmes and Watson. I also loved seeing Charles Gray as Mycroft and Eric Porter as Moriarty; perfect casting.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51BsRiV7gGL.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...AL._SX385_.jpg

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th January 2014 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 385590)
For Fans of Studio Ghibli there are a couple of reasonably cheap Double play editions from Hive.co.uk at the moment.

Laputa Castle in the Sky £4.90
Castle of Cagliostro £5.25
From Up On Poppy Hill £7.35

I haven't used Hive.co.uk before – how are they for shipping times and customer service?

Paul@TheOverlook 4th January 2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 385614)
I haven't used Hive.co.uk before – how are they for shipping times and customer service?

Nos, I used them last year when they were knocking the extended LOTR box set out for £20 - it was a good experience, the item came quickly and was well packed, mate.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th January 2014 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook (Post 385633)
Nos, I used them last year when they were knocking the extended LOTR box set out for £20 - it was a good experience, the item came quickly and was well packed, mate.

Thanks for the feedback. I will buy at least one of them then.

Paul@TheOverlook 4th January 2014 11:15 AM

You're welcome.

trebor8273 8th January 2014 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 386304)
Sainsburys Entertainment have just started a Clearance sale within the last hour including some arrow and network titles. Not a lot of choice but it may interest someone.

cheers nothing of intrest on blu as gotten what i would want from arrow sale. but did get horrors of the black museum on dvd for £3

monkeypedro 8th January 2014 12:55 PM

I also ordered Horrors of the Black Museum along with a few others as i get staff discount.
Its worth keeping an eye on Sainsburys Entertainment as they hopefully will be clearing out more within the coming weeks due to stopping selling bluray's and dvd's online.

trebor8273 8th January 2014 01:01 PM

also went and got scanners steelbook at £8 its a steal. Never seen black museum but no loss at £3 if i don't like it.

Horrors of the Black Museum has now sold out

BAKA 8th January 2014 02:27 PM

I picked up Things To Come on Blu-ray for £7.00. It seemed to be out of stock after I ordered it, which had me slightly worried they oversold it and it'd be cancelled, but I just got a despatch e-mail! Very happy with that for £7. I'll be keeping an eye on a few things to see if anything else I'm after drops in the next few days.

trebor8273 12th January 2014 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane (Post 387001)
Amazon.de offer a lot of blu-rays for 7,77 euros at the moment. For example a lot of Ascot titles like Das Concorde-Inferno, Malone, or Jack the Ripper with Kinski as well as the Ninja movies with Franco Nero and Christopher George.

Amazon.de: Erweiterte Suche - Blu-ray: Filme & TV

Intrested in ninja films dont think i seen any of them how are they?

applecore 12th January 2014 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook (Post 385633)

That's a point, HMV has the LOTR Extended trilogy on blu-ray for £19.99 at the moment.
Glad I didn't bother getting it in Tesco for £30 a week earlier now :lol:

monkeypedro 12th January 2014 04:25 PM

Tesco's reduced the price of LOTR extended trilogy to only £3.75 along with a lot of other blurays this weekend as part of its clearance sale but trying to find one now is near impossible.

applecore 12th January 2014 04:33 PM

Could that just be one store? I can't see them implementing that price nationwide as surely they'd make a huge loss?

monkeypedro 12th January 2014 04:47 PM

It was nationwide but once word got around reports of people loading trolleys with multiple copies and taking them to CEX to trade in.

I did try my local Tesco on Saturday morning but the shelves had been cleared.

Nordicdusk 14th January 2014 08:39 PM

I have both these on the way could not believe the price. They are not out that long are they?

trebor8273 14th January 2014 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 387358)
I have both these on the way could not believe the price. They are not out that long are they?

Same here, not on the way still awaiting dispatch but at that price it feel like I'm stealing!

Pete 15th January 2014 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 386304)
Sainsburys Entertainment have just started a Clearance sale within the last hour including some arrow and network titles. Not a lot of choice but it may interest someone.

Some good deals on there! I got the Blow Out steel book for £9. The Foxy Brown steel book is also £9, Second Sight's Scanners steely is £8. Also, the City of the Living Dead is £5.99 and Red Scorpion £5.

fuzzymctiger 15th January 2014 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 387477)
Some good deals on there! I got the Blow Out steel book for £9. The Foxy Brown steel book is also £9, Second Sight's Scanners steely is £8. Also, the City of the Living Dead is £5.99 and Red Scorpion £5.

Is that the City of the Living Dead with the slipcase?

trebor8273 29th January 2014 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 389632)
Zavvi have a clearance sale on at the moment.

A mixed bag from the looks of my brief scan of what they have on offer. Mostly some cheap boxsets, and also some not so cheap stuff - Frankenhooker at £17.09 for instance! :crazy:

it was 5.99 last week! bit of a strange sale when some stuff is more expensive:lol:

BarnDoor 29th January 2014 03:58 PM

Zavvi tend to have most of the same stuff in their Mega Monday sales every week. And most of it is still overpriced.

Argentofan 29th January 2014 11:23 PM

Blow out steelbook is £9 on sainsburys entertainment.:clap:

Edit: nevermind, mentioned earlier in the thread.

Sam 31st January 2014 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 389890)
Sainsburys Entertainment in the last few minutes have reduced the prices of the clearance titles including Lifeforce and halloween steelbooks for only £6 amoung others.

Nice spot pedro, missed Lifeforce but picked up Scanners and Halloween steelies for £6 each :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

monkeypedro 31st January 2014 03:37 PM

Good that you managed to grab some of the bargains as they sell out within minutes.

Just checked back on the Sainsburys Entertainment site and they have updated the clearance stock with some new titles and managed to get The Following Season 1 on Bluray for only £6.

Nemesis 31st January 2014 09:01 PM

The Raid BD is going for just under $5 on Amz US at the moment.

Nordicdusk 4th February 2014 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 390624)
The Testament of Dr. Mabuse Steelbook only £9.40 on Amazon.

Fingers crossed it stays that price until pay day.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th March 2014 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemesis (Post 395343)
Amazon US has some Criterion BDs going for 20 dollars and the Zatoichi box for over 105 dollars.

Edit - titles are Repo Man, City Lights, Rififi, Seconds and Nashville.

Thanks – I've just ordered City Lights and Nashville, which I've wanted for a while.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 6th March 2014 08:53 AM

Thanks from me too - I've just ordered Seconds. :)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th March 2014 09:54 PM

Thanks – pre-ordered, along with Filth (the book) to qualify for free delivery.