Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargains Discussion Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/11050-blu-ray-bargains-discussion-thread.html)

Daemonia 10th March 2014 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane (Post 395606)
Lords Of Illusion blu-ray pre-order for 7 pounds.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lord-Illusio...I20419B4GHNG5B

I refuse to buy it because only the theatrical cut is in HD. People are also reporting that the DVD which contains the DC is not present in the Blu-ray set, as advertised, but that's only hearsay at this point and I wouldn't put much credence on it. I'm steering well clear of this release, though. I'll stick with my DVD of the unrated Director's Cut, which is Barker's preferred version. By only inlcuding the theatrical cut in HD it's a bit of a slap in the face for Clive Barker. After all the interference Barker suffered with Nightbreed, when he signed up to do Lord of Illusions he made it absolutely clear that he would be able to assemble a proper cut on home video should alterations be made for its theatrical exhibition. He went to great pains to ensure that this would happen and that he wouldn't get shafted again. Barker also made sure that the DC wasn't some cobbled together affair, and that it would be put together using pristine materials and would be the equal, in quality, of the theatrical cut. If Barker felt it so important to preserve his unaltered vision for home video, why is it we're only getting the theatrical version? Barker has been very plain speaking in that the materials for the DC are in pristine shape and I would think are more than ready for an HD upgrade.

As a result, I won't be buying this release.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th March 2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 398070)
Raro US are having a BUY ONE GET ONE FREE FLASH SALE, today only. (probably about 12 hours left from now UK time).

Order here:

Raro

Leave them a note on paypal which item you want free. This includes pre-orders but the item you want free must cost less than the item you are buying. Its advertised on their facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/RaroV...85115831533089

I've just pre-ordered DEATH OCCURRED LAST NIGHT BD and said I want MEET HIM AND DIE BD for free. This equates to £10.25 each with international shipping, an excellent price! :D

Thanks for letting me know – I've just ordered the same as you!

PaulRobinson 1st April 2014 02:27 PM

Mine arrived today, excellent value!

Demoncrat 2nd April 2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Handyman Joe (Post 397504)
About time - Amazon has some great pre-order bargains on just now - I just got Ace in the Hole, Wake in Fright, That Sinking Feeling for £11 quid each.

TSF on blu?? Michty! Is it the awful "english" version btw?

zane 5th April 2014 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 399190)
From Beyond Blu only £9.05 on Amazon.

And even cheaper at the marketplace - possibly the better option for buyers outside of the UK.

oaxaca 5th April 2014 08:07 AM

Seeing as the UK FROM BEYOND blu has gotten so cheap now I'd like to pick it up but I'm just wondering if it has the original artwork/title font on the reverse? Not really a fan of that new artwork.

Antropophagus 5th April 2014 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 399196)
Seeing as the UK FROM BEYOND blu has gotten so cheap now I'd like to pick it up but I'm just wondering if it has the original artwork/title font on the reverse? Not really a fan of that new artwork.

No, it doesn't have the original artwork unfortunately.

Delirium 10th April 2014 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 399743)
Raro US are having another BUY ONE GET ONE FREE FLASH SALE today!

Order here:

Raro

Leave them a note on paypal which item you want free. This includes pre-orders (your only allowed 1 though) but the item you want free must not cost more than the item you are buying. Its advertised on their facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/RaroV...85115831533089

How are they with customs, though? As they seem to include shipping, so not sure how it's marked on customs slip.

oaxaca 10th April 2014 06:14 PM

Dunno, may be a customs risk. I got away with it the other week when they had the same offer on. Forgot to check the front of the package to see if they had marked it down. I bet if you told them you wanted to avoid a customs charge in the paypal note then they would be obliging.

monkeypedro 10th April 2014 06:21 PM

Got 2 blurays delivered from Raro last weekend as part of their last offer and the package was marked as $10

Nordicdusk 15th April 2014 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 400205)
Latest Eureka offers - including Lifeboat steelbook for only £9.99.

Makes me wish i was not going away next week so i could snap some of these up :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th April 2014 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 400257)
At the moment THE CONJURING Bluray is only £4.99 delivered from Game.co.uk

Also. Man of Steel and Pacific Rim.

Although I didn't think it was great, that's still a great price for The Conjuring.

PaulD 16th April 2014 10:09 AM

I bought Pacific Rim the other week for twice the price! Ah well, Man of Steel for a fiver is a good deal. Look forward to reappraising this one

monkeyscreams 25th May 2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 404769)
there is a sale on at zavvi which includes a lot of arrow stuff

texas chainsaw massacre 2 £12.99
time bandits 8.99
time bandits steelbook 10.99
blow out steelbook 9.99
foxy brown steelbook 9.99
demons steelbook 10.99
king of new york steelbook 8.99
fall of the house of usher steelbook 10.99
exterminator 4.99
invasion of the body snatchers 7.99
whitnail an i steelbook 10.99
lady snowblood 9.99
house by the cemetery 7.49
big trouble in little china 9.99
caligula 7.49
frankenooker 7.49
cat o nine tales 4.99
night of the hunter 7.99
cinema paradiso 7.99
runaway train 7.99
motel hell 7.99
wild geese 4.99
lifeforce 7.99
djanjo 7.99
lola 7.49
knightriders 7.99
rififi 7.99
king of new york 7.99
dressed to kill 7.99
battle royale 6.99
long goodbye 7.99
baron blood 7.99
blow out 7.99
les diaboliques 7.99

Thanks! Very kind of you to make this list.

trebor8273 25th May 2014 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeyscreams (Post 404868)
Thanks! Very kind of you to make this list.

That's ok, don't know how long it last, think it's only for bank holiday weekend

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th May 2014 07:39 AM

I've just had a quick look and the Withnail and I steelbook is the StudioCanal release, not the upcoming Arrow Video one.

Stephen@Cult Labs 26th May 2014 05:04 PM

Scream 5 film set blu-ray (Scream 1-3 & two 90min documentaries, $9.99 on Amazon.com. Works out just over £10 with shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0057Y...pi=SY200_QL40#

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st June 2014 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 405617)
Loads of cheap Criterion BDs on blowitoutahere's eBay store.

Thanks! I've just ordered:

Persona
Rushmore
The Devil's Backbone
The Hidden Fortress
Eyes without a Face

Andra Jai 1st June 2014 08:56 PM

STAR TREK original series 1-3 blu-ray

All 3 seasons for $59.99 from Amazon US

and they're region free

Having just checked our Amazon (UK) site these are still selling for big money over here so even if you get stung by the customs people it is still a considerable saving and a good few of my Amazon orders used to come through unscathed back when I used to have to worry about potential customs charges

trebor8273 2nd June 2014 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 405745)
Zoverstocks have a copy of Mondo Macabro's Paul Naschy film 'Panic Beats' listed on Amazon for £7.99.

Damn just missed it as soon as I went to the web page it disappeared

http://www.amazon.co.uk/heartbeat-pa...ds=Panic+beats

Is this the same movie artwork is the same, does anyone know if it has English subtitles?

trebor8273 5th June 2014 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 406112)
Bound, Makt of the Devil, and Branded to Kill preorders all around. £12 on Amazon

Cheers mark of the devil ordered . Never seen bound is it worth a blind buy?

sjconstable 5th June 2014 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 406120)
Never seen bound is it worth a blind buy?

Yes, Bound is a great neo-noir lesbian gangster film, very stylish and you have to wonder what happened to the Wachowskis after the first Matrix film.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th June 2014 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 406120)
Cheers mark of the devil ordered . Never seen bound is it worth a blind buy?

As good as The Matrix is, Bound is probably the Wachowski brothers best film.

Paul@TheOverlook 5th June 2014 10:19 PM

Blu-ray Bargains Discussion Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 406187)
As good as The Matrix is, Bound is probably the Wachowski brothers best film.

I agree.

The first time I saw the film was at a screening. My colleague, who was born again Christian, drove a few of us into Central London. He was caught by a speed camera en route and was clamped while we were watching a film that he thought was totally reprehensible! All added to the evening's entertainment! :D

MrRange 3rd July 2014 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 408483)
Zoverstcks on Amazon have a copy of Mondo Macabro's Killer Must Kill Again For £7.99 plus P&P which is a great rare giallo directed by Luigi Cozzi.

Damn, can't believe I missed this one. I've wanted to pick this up for a long time now.

I tried to buy it when I went to Profondo Rosso in Rome last September, but even Luigi himself didn't have a copy for sale.

Nemesis 20th August 2014 04:34 PM

Amazon US has a few of the newer Criterions just under the Customs limit:

Tie Me Up! Tie me Down! and Y tu mama tambien are going for $20.

Picnic at Hanging Rock, Breaking the Waves and The Devil's Backbone are going for $23.

Stephen@Cult Labs 5th September 2014 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam tyler (Post 416345)
Amazon.ca are selling the upcoming deluxe Halloween blu-ray set for £56 delivered to the UK

That's all very well, but that'll be with the slowest delivery and more than likely a customs fee to pay.

Andra Jai 5th September 2014 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 416350)
That's all very well, but that'll be with the slowest delivery and more than likely a customs fee to pay.

I'm not in any rush and in any case I usually get my deliveries from them within in a week using the cheapest option and at that price its worth the customs risk as it would still only be around another £19 if it is stopped

Paul@TheOverlook 5th September 2014 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 416350)

It's just under £60 all-in with expedited shipping ;)

Stephen@Cult Labs 5th September 2014 08:20 AM

Blu-ray Bargains Discussion Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook (Post 416355)
It's just under £60 all-in with expedited shipping ;)

I'll just stick with my Amazon US order and get it in 2 days.

Andra Jai 5th September 2014 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 416356)
I'll just stick with my Amazon US order and get it in 2 days.

lol you would swear you haven't seen the films before, either that or you are the worlds greatest Halloween fan :pop2:

MrRange 18th September 2014 04:04 PM

A few months back I bought Escape from New York on Blu Ray and traded in my old 2 disc special edition, assuming the new Blu Ray would be superior.

When I finally watched it I thought the picture was horrible, I'd go as far as to say the DVD I had looked better!

Are there any good HD releases of this film that anyone can suggest?

trebor8273 18th September 2014 04:59 PM

Shoot first die later is 13.74 from amazon uk.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shoot-First-...irst+die+later

Or $6.99(about 4.26) from amazon.com

Amazon.com: Shoot First Die Later (Remastered) [Blu-ray]: Richard Conte, Luc Merenda, Fernando Di Leo: Movies & TV

VeZius 18th September 2014 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrRange (Post 418144)
A few months back I bought Escape from New York on Blu Ray and traded in my old 2 disc special edition, assuming the new Blu Ray would be superior.

When I finally watched it I thought the picture was horrible, I'd go as far as to say the DVD I had looked better!

Are there any good HD releases of this film that anyone can suggest?

Scream Factory is releasing it next year as a collector's edition, so I'm hoping that'll be our saviour. :)

shel 24th September 2014 10:08 PM

Zavvi got a bunch of reduced Arrow stuff once again. Few 7.99 titles that are a lot more expensive on amazon etc. http://www.zavvi.com/studio/Arrow+Vi...tReverse=false People Under Stairs, The Stuff etc.

Picked up The Key BD for 5.99.

Sobral 26th September 2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam tyler (Post 419100)
Import CDs are selling Krull Blu-ray for $3.99, including postage it works out at £6.75 delivered to the UK

The trailer is amazing, does anyone know if this is region-free?
Blu-ray.com says B & C untested.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th September 2014 03:13 PM

Quote:

Import CDs are selling Krull Blu-ray for $3.99, including postage it works out at £6.75 delivered to the UK

Do you have a link?

Andra Jai 26th September 2014 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 419109)
Do you have a link?

Krull: Blu-ray Movie Details: ImportCds.com 683904632197

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th September 2014 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam tyler (Post 419119)

Thanks!

antmumford 26th September 2014 04:56 PM

Quote:

Cheers for the heads up Sam, that's Kelly's BDay pressie sorted ;)