Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargains Discussion Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/11050-blu-ray-bargains-discussion-thread.html)

dustdevil 16th November 2014 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 425479)
I've had things delivered from AYM in the same packages when i've ordered more than one thing in the past - and had to pay a customs charge.

I'm not getting burned again like that. Even if it doesn't happen very often.

Fair enough. I didn't know they could combine postage on marketplace items to post one package. I've always had pay postage on each item that got posted seperately.

As for getting collared by customs as has been said it is hit and miss. When dvds first took off and a decent exchange rate I got loads direct from usa/canada and never got stopped for years. Then all of a sudden every package went through customs even though they were value below the treshold adding upto a 2 week delay in me getting my stuff. :frusty:

dustdevil 16th November 2014 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook (Post 425466)
Customs threshold has been £15 for quite some time now.

Thanks for the update. Guess I got lucky on the last couple I ordered direct. Although most of my stuff goes through amazon and so far nothing has been charged (knock on wood)

J Harker 16th November 2014 09:01 PM

Has anyone got any experience with moviemail.com?

JoshuaKaitlyn 16th November 2014 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 425601)
Has anyone got any experience with moviemail.com?

Not personally but I seem to remember reading elsewhere that if your items are lost in the post on more than one occasion they refuse to honour any other sales you may make! I've only ever had one item go missing and that was from Zaavi.

JoshuaKaitlyn 16th November 2014 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 425559)
Faust for £6.82 at Amazon - a steal!

Damn! Out of stock and now gone up to £9.24 :(

J Harker 16th November 2014 10:19 PM

That sounds a bit crap. They've got The Burbs steelbook at £13.99 currently, tempted to give them a try.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 17th November 2014 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane (Post 425688)
Alain Robbe-Grillet Box has dropped to 33,33 £

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00I5QVSV...I25HMLAGIQ2JRP

A great purchase for those who haven't picked it up.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th November 2014 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 425824)
Amazon have another 3 for £17 offer on - lots of Arrow titles in there too.

Thanks – just ordered:

Frankenweenie
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
High Plains Drifter
Only God Can Forgives
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Groundhog Day

Sobral 19th November 2014 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam tyler (Post 424734)
It worked on my Sony player which is region 2 only by using the above trick

Got it today, works perfectly!!
I wonder how many other Mill Creek discs have the same trick...

Jinx_Barkman 23rd November 2014 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane (Post 426280)
A lot of great stuff going on at zavvi's curent 2 for 12 £ sale.

Titles include:

A whole bunch of Arrow titles (Foxy Brown (Steelbook), The Long Goodbye, Ashes & Diamonds, The Tin Drum, Baron Blood, Knightriders etc.)
Halloween 35th Anniversary
A great selection of Steelbooks (Vanishing Point, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid etc.)

And many more.

Also the Alain Robbe-Grillet Box is available for less than 33 and the Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 digi for less than 10 £.

(So proud that I finally know the keyboard combination for £.)

Does anyone think the Arrow titles or the Alain Robbe-Grillet set will be cheaper on Black Friday/Cyber Monday? Did anyone even do sales on Arrow, Masters Of Cinema or BFI titles last year?

zane 23rd November 2014 04:55 PM

I honestly don't think the Arrow titles will drop significantly under 6 £. This price is a rob already.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 23rd November 2014 05:26 PM

It's worth noting that there are a few Arrow titles in Amazon's 3 for £17 though.

Horrormad1983 24th November 2014 11:44 PM

Yep there's a few decent Arrow blu rays in the 3 for £17 pound amazon deal. Maniac Cop, Frankenhooker, Cat o nine tails among others. Also believe 88 films website have Stuart Gordons 'Castle Freak' for £7.99 and 'Dollmam' for a nice £5.99 both on blu. HMV are doing Trancers Blu for £7.99 too, much cheaper than amazon etc.

zane 25th November 2014 08:39 AM

Vinegar Syndrom have now announced the details of their Black Friday sale:

Quote:

November releases = 20-50% off
January pre-orders = 40% off
Everything else = 50% off
Plus a way cool offer you’ll have to see to believe!
(Black Friday sale info from VinegarSyndrome.com!)

For the most of us it's probably still a better idea to get single titles from amazon.co.uk marketplace.

J Harker 25th November 2014 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horrormad1983 (Post 426416)
HMV are doing Trancers Blu for £7.99 too, much cheaper than amazon etc.

That's what i wanted to hear!

VeZius 25th November 2014 11:00 AM

A seller on Amazon US has 18 copies of Miami Connection in stock for $18.99, but they don't ship outside US. :(

Any members from the US here, that would like to help out us non-americans?

VeZius 25th November 2014 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeZius (Post 426454)
A seller on Amazon US has 18 copies of Miami Connection in stock for $18.99, but they don't ship outside US. :(

Well, it seems the seller is Drafthouse Films, who's actually released the blu-ray, and it seems they have a website where you can order it directly. So I went and bought it there. It was $1 more and the shipping was a bit high, but at least they also threw in download link for the soundtrack in MP3 format!

Jinx_Barkman 27th November 2014 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeZius (Post 426454)

If anyone ever needs help with anything like this just send me a pm. I'll be glad to help where I can.

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th November 2014 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 426766)
There are quite a few Arrow steelbooks selling for £9.99 a piece as part of Zavvi's Steelbook flash sale.

Just noticed Zombeavers in the Zavvi BF sale on dvd for £6.99.

I picked it up from Asda a couple of weeks ago for a fiver. :lol:

zane 28th November 2014 02:06 PM

Picked up, the Vanishing Point steelbook for 4,99 – crazy price :loco:, thanks Bizarre_eye.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th November 2014 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane (Post 426815)
Picked up, the Vanishing Point steelbook for 4,99 – crazy price :loco:, thanks Bizarre_eye.

So did I – it's a great price and I'm glad I held off buying when it was originally released.

Sobral 28th November 2014 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane (Post 426817)
And yet another crazy offer:

Michele Soavi's Stagefright for 7 £ + shipping directly from Exposure cinema

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...I3A01XSIQ5WI1I

:crazy::woot:

(BTW, domestic delivery only, good thing I have connections in the UK :lol:)

Which is strange, because they're also selling Secret Beyond The Door and they ship it internationally.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 28th November 2014 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sobral (Post 426853)
Which is strange, because they're also selling Secret Beyond The Door and they ship it internationally.

I think I remember reading somewhere that the conditions of their license for Stagefright stated that they couldn't ship it internationally what with Blue Underground releasing it pretty simultaneously in the US.

zane 29th November 2014 08:45 AM

Something that Vipp pointed out to me:

The link I posted for Stagefright was – without my knowing – apparently associated to my Wish List on amazon.

When I bought the Blu-ray myself, I got this message:

Quote:

1 item in your Cart might be a duplicate gift

You added this item from a Wish List, but someone has already bought it from the same list
Nobody has acess to my Wish List, so please make sure you really bought the item for yourself and not for me, lol.

In any case, the whole thing sounds strange because the item can't even be deliverd to my Standard adress.

Vipp 29th November 2014 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane (Post 426888)
Something that Vipp pointed out to me:

The link I posted for Stagefright was – without my knowing – apparently associated to my Wish List on amazon.

When I bought the Blu-ray myself, I got this message:

Nobody has acess to my Wish List, so please make sure you really bought the item for yourself and not for me, lol.

In any case, the whole thing sounds strange because the item can't even be deliverd to my Standard adress.

I bought the film and instead of sending it to your address listed with your wishlist mate i chose my address. i haven't seen that before now so it was odd but it's all sorted. and thank you for pointing out that great Blu-Ray offer i have wanted this for a while now and at that price i couldn't refuse. :)

intruder2k 29th November 2014 12:22 PM

I think there are a few glitches with the Amazon wishlists, whenever I add something to my basket from my list I get an address in Cadiz to choose from. No idea who the Spanish feller is but I'll be damned if he's having my DVD!

zane 29th November 2014 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intruder2k (Post 426903)
I think there are a few glitches with the Amazon wishlists, whenever I add something to my basket from my list I get an address in Cadiz to choose from. No idea who the Spanish feller is but I'll be damned if he's having my DVD!

Now this is getting stranger and stranger (and scary) because I have an address there :confused:

Since when has this been occuring?

intruder2k 29th November 2014 04:49 PM

I first noticed the phantom address about a week ago. I also got the Stage Fright message (thanks for the heads up by the way!).

zane 29th November 2014 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intruder2k (Post 426954)
I first noticed the phantom address about a week ago. I also got the Stage Fright message (thanks for the heads up by the way!).

Hm...you probably klicked on a link I posted in the bargains section and now it saved me as a gift address?

I don't think this is supposed to happen, because I always post links taken directly from the product page.

zane 3rd December 2014 01:11 PM

Has anyone's StageFright already been shipped? Mine is still "preparing for dispatch". Hope they (Exposure cinema) just received a lot of orders and now need some time to ship them all.

DayzeUK 3rd December 2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane (Post 427369)
Has anyone's StageFright already been shipped? Mine is still "preparing for dispatch". Hope they (Exposure cinema) just received a lot of orders and now need some time to ship them all.

Mine was marked as dispatched this afternoon.

J Harker 4th December 2014 11:02 PM

Black Friday part 2 on Zavvi, few good deals. Some Hammers and The Whip and The Body blu from odeon amongst other stuff. Oh Dead of Night blu for 8.99 too!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 5th December 2014 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 427547)
Black Friday part 2 on Zavvi, few good deals. Some Hammers and The Whip and The Body blu from odeon amongst other stuff. Oh Dead of Night blu for 8.99 too!

Just bought 8 1/2, The Conversation, and Whip for £7.99 a piece.

J Harker 5th December 2014 05:31 PM

Some new titles added. House of Whipcord and Blood Beast Terror at 7.99 each. Witchfinder General too.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 5th December 2014 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 427633)
Some new titles added. House of Whipcord and Blood Beast Terror at 7.99 each. Witchfinder General too.

Scum too, which I decided to pick-up as well earlier today.

J Harker 5th December 2014 05:44 PM

I just wish i had some more money spare. It's not often Studiocanals Hammer titles turn up in sales.

Vipp 5th December 2014 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane (Post 427369)

My copy is shipped, should arrive any time soon. i can't wait.

zane 5th December 2014 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 427640)
I just wish i had some more money spare. It's not often Studiocanals Hammer titles turn up in sales.

Yes, but on the other hand, some of them had already dropped to 8,99 before on amazon.co.uk and even if not, you can get them for 9,99 at an HMV store (or at least I saw The Devil Rides Out for that price there some time ago).

J Harker 5th December 2014 06:19 PM

Our branch of HMV has Plague of the Zombies and Quatermass. Both £19.99. Never seen any others. The ones from Final Cut are 23quid!

J Harker 6th December 2014 11:54 AM

HMV have this for £39.99 at the moment.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...988a91402d.jpg