Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

antmumford 18th January 2011 05:52 PM

Went to my local Tesco and managed to pick up Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz Blu-rays wrapped up as a double pack for only £12. What a bargain at £6 a film, been after these two for ages.

oaxaca 20th January 2011 03:10 PM

Went into Head today and picked up COMPANY OF WOLVES for £4 brand new! I was ecstatic.... A film I have been interested in watching for ages at a far better price than anything online stores are offering!

They have some other great deals on e.g. HARDWARE for £6. ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK for £5...HARDWARE looked very interesting but I thought I'd come home and research before buying as I know nothing about it except it was made by Richard Stanley, who made DUST DEVILS (starring the fantastic Zakes Mokae)! Has anyone seen / would recommend HARDWARE?

pedromonkey 20th January 2011 03:22 PM

Hardware is a very cool post-apocalyptic Terminator style film with Dylan McDermot that i highly rate, so glad it's finally available too

kingofwitches666 20th January 2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 123063)
Hardware is a very cool post-apocalyptic Terminator style film with Dylan McDermot that i highly rate, so glad it's finally available too

I concur. Bought it myself the other week on blu for a fiver. :thumb:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 20th January 2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 123063)

Love Hardware - personally prefer it to all of the Terminator films.

I have the US Severin Blu, which has the exclusive (and very good) No Flesh Shall Be Spared documentary.

Inspector Tanzi 20th January 2011 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 123061)
Has anyone seen / would recommend HARDWARE?

I thought it was shit.

Here's a funny story for you, Someone I know used to be an assistant director, he asked me once if I had seen Hardware and what did I think of it, I told him I thought it was shit only for him to tell me he was the assistant director on it, I thought "oh shit, what have I said" when he replied that he thought it was a load of shit himself.:happy:

Paul@TheOverlook 20th January 2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 123093)
I thought it was shit.

Here's a funny story for you, Someone I know used to be an assistant director, he asked me once if I had seen Hardware and what did I think of it, I told him I thought it was shit only for him to tell me he was the assistant director on it, I thought "oh shit, what have I said" when he replied that he thought it was a load of shit himself.:happy:

If you read the book on Palace Pictures, The Egos Have Landed, there's a brief mention of Hardware and an incident that took place when the production were filming at the then abandoned Roundhouse in Camden -Richard Stanley was really young (early twenties, I think) and quite inexperienced and the AD lost it with him and called him out in front of the entire crew!

For the record, I enjoyed HARDWARE a lot when I first saw it but haven't seen it since it was released on rental VHS exactly 20(!) years ago. I have the Severin Blu-ray but it remains unplayed at the mo...

Gojirosan 20th January 2011 09:22 PM

Same here, I loved it when it first emerged, but haven't seen it since. I don't own it...think I'll watch it again though, my interest has been piqued.

doolahrock 21st January 2011 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 122792)
Went to my local Tesco and managed to pick up Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz Blu-rays wrapped up as a double pack for only £12. What a bargain at £6 a film, been after these two for ages.

Just popped on to post this exact same thing :) Went in to try and pick up Aiien Anthology but was out of stock. This was a very nice consolation especially as the cheapest I've seen is around £10 each. Winner.

antmumford 21st January 2011 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doolahrock (Post 123286)
Just popped on to post this exact same thing :) Went in to try and pick up Aiien Anthology but was out of stock. This was a very nice consolation especially as the cheapest I've seen is around £10 each. Winner.

I know, I'd been umming and arghing for ages whether to get them on the 2 for £25 deal at HMV, then last week they were on the 2 for £20 deal at HMV. Was so close to buying them too, then went and did my weekly shop at Tesco and found them both for £12. Last copy as well so it was one of those special moments that I knew it was for me, it was a sign. :p