Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Westerns & War (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=561)
-   -   Quentin Tarantino to Direct 'Django Unchained' (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/westerns-war/5521-quentin-tarantino-direct-django-unchained.html)

PaulD 13th April 2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 231513)
^ That actually sounds brilliant, What a cast too. Personally I think Leonardo Di Caprio is a brilliant actor so there's very little to put me off this film so far.

Definitely. I'm a bit concerned that it's not produced by Lawrence Bender though (although the only other QT film not to be was Grindhouse/Death Proof which I love) and this will be the first film he's directed that won't be edited by Sally Menke since she died in 2010 so it could potentially be quite a different film from his previous ones. Whether that'll be good or bad I don't know. The synopsis sounds great though.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 13th April 2012 12:12 PM

Can't wait to see this either! Tarantino is the man (if you totally ignore Death Proof *coughcough*loadofcrap*coughcough* ). It's going to be good!

PaulD 13th April 2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 231519)
Can't wait to see this either! Tarantino is the man (if you totally ignore Death Proof *coughcough*loadofcrap*coughcough* ). It's going to be good!

Pffft...Death Proof was fantastic!

Tom Savini's in Django Unchained by the way, just to add to its potential awesomeness. And...er...Sacha Baron Cohen (although I've never actually seen him in a straight role yet)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 13th April 2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 231522)
Pffft...Death Proof was fantastic!

Pffft...you're wrong :p

Rik 13th April 2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 231513)
^ That actually sounds brilliant, What a cast too. Personally I think Leonardo Di Caprio is a brilliant actor so there's very little to put me off this film so far.

I can't stand the guy and refuse to watch anything with him in it, hence the reason I've never seen Inception, Shutter Island, The Departed or The Aviator, all good films I'm told but I just can't sit through anything starring him

pedromonkey 13th April 2012 03:19 PM

I was sceptical at first about both Leo and Jamie Foxx but after reading the script i could totally picture both guys in those roles.

antmumford 13th April 2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 231546)
I can't stand the guy and refuse to watch anything with him in it, hence the reason I've never seen Inception, Shutter Island, The Departed or The Aviator, all good films I'm told but I just can't sit through anything starring him

I wasn't keen on him before but then I watched his performance in What's Eating Gilbert Grape and he blew me away so I have a new found respect for him as an actor. Watching the films you've just listed I realised just how good he really is.

Rik 13th April 2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 231614)
I wasn't keen on him before but then I watched his performance in What's Eating Gilbert Grape and he blew me away so I have a new found respect for him as an actor. Watching the films you've just listed I realised just how good he really is.

I never said he was a bad actor, far from it, I just can't do with the guy. And yeah your right, his performance in What's Eating Gilbert Grape is fantastic

keirarts 13th April 2012 05:16 PM

As the film titanic is one of my pet hates, I harboured an intense loathing for di caprio... But after watching Aviator, shutter island and inception I find myself appreciating him more. (still hate titanic though) I'd have watched shutter island regardless because its a scorsese movie (and it massivly references the RKO Val lewton pics in a similar way cape fear referenced bava)

Bringer Of Funerals 13th April 2012 06:28 PM

I like Leo's films after Titanic but as he's got older he's been picking decent roles. As for Django I want a full on Spag Western