Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should Arrow continue to release Limited versions of Arrow Video titles?
Yes 159 79.90%
No 40 20.10%
Voters: 199. This poll is closed

Like Tree87Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd March 2012, 04:48 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombsy666 View Post
It seems to me that maybe they are hopefully looking to have people prefer the 'unlimited' releases as a cost cutting venture, so as to plough more finance into making available more titles, i really don't have a problem with the planned duel editions,as some of you have said the poster and slipcase are not a major draw for me, it's the film that seals the sale, the idea of the ltd editions also should be geared more towards the presentation of say the care that the 'Battle royale' ltd edition had, numbered of course, these to me are the real ltd editions and so become a true collector's piece, to be honest i would much prefer Arrow to have savings to give us a bigger release selection titles, double sided sleeves are cool with me, again this is just my opinion...
If they are intending to go with the unlimited editions anyway, then this is a piontless thread imo, from the votes already, it's pretty clear that most want to keep the limited versions, If they want to save money and go with the unlimited versions, then fine. Just do it and don't ask.
Old 22nd March 2012, 04:51 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post
Makes sense!

Seriously though,I don't mind paying extra for limited editions,so I voted yes.

And by the looks of that poll,a lot of people agree.
And you do know that if it's just unlimited versions Reaps, I can tell we wouldn't get the reverse Who Dares Wins art we both want.
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Limited everytime and, although I havent read the whole thread, am I the only one who thinks those grey unlimited cases look bloody awful?

I won't be buying them, thats for sure!
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I too am leaning more towards dispensing with the 'limited' editions in favour of the unlimited versions. I'm not at all fussed about the extra dvd and while it'd be a shame to lose 2 of the artworks my main attraction to these pieces is always the booklet which I gather will still be kept. Obviously, I love the current releases but if it's a case of it being more viable financially to just do the new Unlimited editions then I'm all for it. They'd still be head and shoulders above most other releases out there.
Old 22nd March 2012, 05:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

While I respect others preference for artwork and packaging, it seems Arrow are asking if they should go with a cheaper retail product in these uncertain times, and as this seems to make sense I'll buck the trend and vote to go unlimited.
MECHAGODPHILLA likes this.
Old 22nd March 2012, 05:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigandya View Post
Limited everytime and, although I havent read the whole thread, am I the only one who thinks those grey unlimited cases look bloody awful?

I won't be buying them, thats for sure!
They're not grey, it's just a sticker on the shrinkwrap. They'll look like this:

Old 22nd March 2012, 05:42 PM
Ex-Member

They still keep there identity. There still in white with the iconic logo. They still have the same extras on the discs. They still release film many other companies wouldn't. They still have the booklet, with the added bonus of dual play. I think they look slicker. Alls thats changing is a poster and slipcase. Not much to us, but to a company the costs must be pretty high. I wasn't sure of the arrowdrome label at first but love it now as its the right price for a dvd, it has a booklet and looks awesome.
dream demon likes this.
Old 22nd March 2012, 05:46 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

My word is final. I want 4 artwork panels, so the limited editions stay!
Roughale likes this.
Old 22nd March 2012, 06:17 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
And you do know that if it's just unlimited versions Reaps, I can tell we wouldn't get the reverse Who Dares Wins art we both want.
Yeah,I'll vote unlimited once released!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 22nd March 2012, 06:18 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

At the end of the day,Arrow know their finances and what they are prepared to produce,so,as they say,what'll be will be.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!