All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd March 2011, 08:29 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Guys, I'm temporarily closing this thread as this discussion isn't going anywhere but round in circles. It will be reopened once there is official word from Arrow about the finalised disc.
Old 2nd March 2011, 02:38 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The wait is over people - thank you for your patience. We've heard from Arrow who have undertaken a great deal of intensive work with various people regarding the disc and the outcome is as follows with some important points to note:

- The opening sequence is now in the correct sepia rather than monochrome supplied by the licensor and we're happy to report that Stephen Thrower says he's never seen the film look so good.
- The final disc will be a BD50 and with a higher bitrate than the review discs.

So all good - here's the bit to note carefully.

Due to retail lead times some stock had been manufactured so when you get the set check the disc and if it's an old one Arrow will do a swap - by post - as has been very successfully done in the past. All you'll be doing is popping that disc only into the post so it's very simple (full details to follow)

The original release date of March 14 still stands and Arrow of course are very apologetic for any inconvenience this may have caused. This process of making changes to create the best possible product, whilst not perfect, is exceptionally unusual - frankly unheard of - for this industry and as a result fans will get The Beyond like never before and that is hopefully a cause for celebration.
Old 2nd March 2011, 02:46 PM
Cult Rookie

Good news all around Nosferatu, thanks! Stephen Thrower's Fulci's book is a centerpiece of my collection, so it's nice to hear from him.

One question, though: Will the disc swap (if necessary) work as smoothly for us ordering from abroad (US in my case)?
Old 2nd March 2011, 02:57 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Excellent stuff! Only problem I have is I won't be able to check my disc for a couple of months at least.

Will the discs have different matrix numbers? It'd be a nice easy way to check. I suppose we'll find out when someone gets one of the old ones.
Old 2nd March 2011, 03:02 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
One question, though: Will the disc swap (if necessary) work as smoothly for us ordering from abroad (US in my case)?
I had a problem with the Martin release and everything went very smoothly from here (also the US)

Great news.
Old 2nd March 2011, 03:08 PM
Cultist

Very nice. I was afraid i had to cancel my order, but that fear is over now. My Pre-order will still stand. I am very happy!.
Old 2nd March 2011, 03:16 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Brilliant news, Nosferatu.

Just one quick query - if one was to buy The Beyond Blu direct from Arrow, would that be a way of avoiding getting the old disc?
Old 2nd March 2011, 03:38 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
Will the discs have different matrix numbers? It'd be a nice easy way to check. I suppose we'll find out when someone gets one of the old ones.
Apparently, the only way to tell which disc you have is to play it!
Old 2nd March 2011, 04:08 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
The wait is over people - thank you for your patience. We've heard from Arrow who have undertaken a great deal of intensive work with various people regarding the disc and the outcome is as follows with some important points to note:

- The opening sequence is now in the correct sepia rather than monochrome supplied by the licensor and we're happy to report that Stephen Thrower says he's never seen the film look so good.
- The final disc will be a BD50 and with a higher bitrate than the review discs.

So all good - here's the bit to note carefully.

Due to retail lead times some stock had been manufactured so when you get the set check the disc and if it's an old one Arrow will do a swap - by post - as has been very successfully done in the past. All you'll be doing is popping that disc only into the post so it's very simple (full details to follow)

The original release date of March 14 still stands and Arrow of course are very apologetic for any inconvenience this may have caused. This process of making changes to create the best possible product, whilst not perfect, is exceptionally unusual - frankly unheard of - for this industry and as a result fans will get The Beyond like never before and that is hopefully a cause for celebration.
I thank you for keeping us informed on this, once again Arrow comes through with the goods!!! I am so proud to own these films a BIG THANK YOU from a devoted fan!!!

I live in Cyprus so I hope I do not get one of the B&W one's as it would be hard to send it back! Would I be able to just provide proof of purchase and get a replacement sent?

It would be cool to have both in my arrow collection.

p.s 12 Days to go!!!!!!

Last edited by tollickd; 2nd March 2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 2nd March 2011, 04:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Arrow are great!

Thanks!

My DVD Collection
Tumblr

Like this? Share it using the links below!