Like Tree1346Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th June 2023, 04:10 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I knew you were going to mention Ghost haha.
Old 15th June 2023, 12:47 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
but I think it’s going to grow on me more
That's how it was for me. I enjoyed it more after a second and third listen (with time inbetween listening to other music). Didn't immediately grab my attention, if I'm being honest. Curious to hear the album itself.
Old 15th June 2023, 08:44 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
More information about 'Road' is starting to appear

What's interesting is the song 'Road Rats Forever', which may (or may not) be a reworking of the song 'Road Rats' that originally appeared on the 'Lace And Whiskey' LP in 1977, and 'Magic Bus' which might possibly be a cover of the Who song, but then again it possibly won't be!

Time will tell!!
It's been confirmed that 'Road Rats Forever' is a reworking / remake of the 'Lace And Whiskey' song and 'Magic Bus' is a cover of the Who song

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 15th June 2023, 03:41 PM
Cult Master

The track listing for the HellFest DVD is:
  • Intro: Nightmare Castle
  • Feed My Frankenstein
  • No More Mr. Nice Guy
  • Bed of Nails
  • Hey Stoopid
  • Fallen in Love
  • Go Man Go
  • Guitar Solo (Nita Strauss)
  • Roses on White Lace
  • I'm Eighteen
  • Poison
  • Billion Dollar Babies
  • Black Widow Jam (incl. Drum solo)
  • Steven
  • Dead Babies
  • I Love the Dead (band only)
  • Escape
  • School's Out (incl Another Brick in the Wall pt.2)

Because it was a festival date, it was a shorter set than normal, so a number of songs are missing from this concert that were played at other dates on the tour. They are
  • Be My Lover
  • Under My Wheels
  • He's Back (The Man Behind The Mask)
  • Go To Hell
  • My Stars
  • Devil's Food
  • Teenage Frankenstein

Old 23rd June 2023, 01:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Because it was a festival date, it was a shorter set than normal, so a number of songs are missing from this concert that were played at other dates on the tour.
I'm wondering what the approximate run time will be.
Old 23rd June 2023, 06:45 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
I'm wondering what the approximate run time will be.
It should be around 75 mins
SymbioticFunction likes this.

Old 26th June 2023, 03:55 PM
Cult Master

No idea how long this is going to be available for, but here is the full Hollywood Vampires set from the Sofia Arena in Bulgaria on the 12th, June

Setlist:
00. Intro 0:00:00
01. I Want My Now 0:02:34
02. Raise the Dead 0:07:55
03. I'm Eighteen (Alice Cooper cover) 0:11:30
04. Five to One / Break On Through (to the Other Side) (The Doors cover) 0:15:24
05. The Boogieman Surprise 0:19:58
06. My Dead Drunk Friends 0:24:18
07. You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory (Johnny Thunders cover) 0:28:56
08. Baba O'Riley (The Who cover) 0:33:28
09. Who's Laughing Now 0:39:38
10. People Who Died (The Jim Carroll Band cover) 0:45:17
11. The Jack (AC/DC cover) 0:50:34
12. As Bad as I Am 0:54:42
13. Heroes (David Bowie cover) 0:59:03
14. Jeff Beck Tribute (Instrumental) 1:03:53
15. Bright Light Fright (Aerosmith cover) 1:09:07
16. The Death and Resurrection Show (Killing Joke cover) 1:11:40
17. Walk This Way (Aerosmith cover) 1:17:29
18. The Train Kept A-Rollin' (Tiny Bradshaw cover) 1:21:56

Encore:
19. School's Out (Alice Cooper cover) (with Another Brick in the Wall Part 2 by Pink Floyd snippet) 1:28:05

Old 28th June 2023, 02:22 PM
Cult Master

'Zipper Catches Skin' television advert from 1982

Old 6th July 2023, 07:33 AM
Cult Master

Someone at the Scarborough Police Force must be a fan!

This was posted on their FB page ahead of the Hollywood Vampires show at the Scarborough Open Air Theatre at the start of their UK tour:
"It may not be Itchycoo Park, but tonight we will welcome your Heroes, Hollywood Vampires to Scarborough Open Air Theatre.

If you managed to get a ticket to see the American rock supergroup, Congratulations, you are in for a good night, Come And Get It!

Good People Are Hard To Find but you may see some of our team outside of the venue for advice and directions.

Please listen to the announcements made within the venue, as the security team always respond to the New Threat and will advise accordingly.

There will be a queuing system outside of the venue, be patient and don’t try to Break On Through (To The Other Side)

At the end of the show, you may get The Boogieman Surprise as the Civil Enforcement Team will be closing off Burniston Road to allow safe passage from the venue.

The Last Vampire to leave needs to turn out the light!"

Old 6th July 2023, 01:21 PM
Cult Master

Hollywood Vampires Scarborough reviews:

US supergroups Hollywood Vampires rock Scarborough Open Air Theatre / The York Press
"One of the most iconic US supergroups rocked Scarborough Open Air Theatre with a hit filled 90-minute set.

Kicking off their UK tour, Hollywood Vampires - Alice Cooper, Joe Perry (Aerosmith), Johnny Depp and Tommy Henriksen opened to a screaming 8,500 capacity crowd with I Want My Now before breaking into a set filled with rock classics including 'Baba O'Riley' (The Who), The Jack (AC/DC), 'Heroes' (David Bowie) and a tribute to the late Jeff Beck with whom Depp toured with last year.

Iconic Aerosmith hit 'Walk This Way' had the crowd roaring for more before the set ended with Cooper's career defining 'School's Out'.

And bidding farewell to the crowd, Cooper said: "Thanks. It's time to get back in the caskets now.

"Until next time, School's Out Scarborough!"

Hollywood Vampires were supported by Welsh rock band Those Damn Crows."
Hollywood star wows fans at gig with rock legends at Scarborough last night / Yahoo News

"ONE thing that doesn’t happen very often is Alice Cooper finding himself on stage and not being the centre of the audience’s attention. Yet this is what tends to happen when he’s fronting the “world’s best bar band”, Hollywood Vampires, when most eyes are drawn to stage left and the guitarist, a certain Johnny Depp.

Hollywood Vampires, named after an infamous Los Angeles drinking club formed by Cooper back in the Seventies, were in Scarborough earlier this week opening a short UK leg of their current European tour. Given the rest of the dates are in huge arenas, the promoters, Cuffe and Taylor, have again excelled themselves in persuading the band to perform at the town’s Open Air Theatre.

Aside from the aforementioned Cooper and Depp, the band also include Aerosmith’s legendary guitarist Joe Perry and Cooper regulars guitarist Tommy Henriksen, bassist Chris Wyse, drummer Glen Sobel and Buck Johnson on keyboards. No lightweights in this band and they all came ready to rock.

In Scarborough the band played a mix of their own material, but generally it was cover versions - some well known, some less so - which they dedicated to their “dead, drunk friends”. Opening with I Want My Now and Raise The Dead the band then kicked in to Cooper’s I’m Eighteen before covering The Doors’ Five To One/Break On Through.

Cooper actually seemed to relish not having to remain in his “Alice Cooper” persona all night and appeared to be having a bundle of fun as the ringmaster of the crew on stage.

Depp clearly loves the immediate thrill of the audience feedback he gets and obviously looked the part of a rockstar guitar slinger, instrument slung low, cheroot in mouth and despite the uncool hindrance of a boot on his left leg while he recovers from an ankle injury.

Perry of course IS a genuine rockstar guitar slinger who looked tall, lean and dangerous in leather jacket and trousers, shirt open to the navel and an abundance of necklaces. He sported an array of guitars including what appeared to be the most battered instrument this side of Sting’s bass which graced the Scarborough stage less than two weeks ago.

As you might expect, some of the band’s own songs struggled to compete with those covered. The Boogieman Surprise and As Bad As I Am for example were entertaining but didn’t press the buttons in the same way as Johnny Thunder’s You Can’t Put Your Arms Round A Memory (sing by Perry), The Who’s Baba O’Riley, AC/DC’s The Jack and David Bowie’s Heroes did. When the band ripped their way through these songs the audience howled their pleasure.

It was Depp who sang lead vocals on Heroes, with Cooper playing rhythm guitar and what a sight it was - Cooper, Depp and Perry all sharing a microphone stage centre.

The band also paid tribute to the late Jeff Beck with Perry – who for me was THE star of the evening - playing Beck’s iconic white Stratocaster as he tore into Rumble and Beck’s Bolero. He then went on to cover two Aerosmith songs Bright Light Fright and a blistering version of Walk This Way. Personally, I would have been content to buy a ticket just to see and hear Perry deliver that iconic riff. It was simply glorious.

The band left the stage after covering The Train Kept A Rollin’ but still had more to offer encoring with School’s Out and Another Brick In The Wall, as they brought something of a surreal evening to a close. Scarborough really is pulling out the stops and continuing to bring some of the world’s best and most entertaining musicians to our wonderful little corner of the world."
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!