All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3575Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st August 2012, 07:41 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnToZero View Post
I ordered Running Hot and The Dead Pit (2-disc).

The rest was not so much of interest except for what i already have. But for those who doesn't have Cut Throats-Nine (ignore Joshua) i definitely recommend it!
Nice pickups!

There's some goodies in there but of course also some less interesting ones.
Old 2nd August 2012, 07:36 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

The People Who Own The Dark dvd review (rossosanguereviews)
the people who own the dark | Tumblr

Retribution dvd review by Barry M (rockshockpop forum)

"It's fun and the DVD looks pretty good, like a VHS box turned sideways (I bet it'd play just as well in 4:3, given director Guy Magar's tv experience). Lipscomb's great as a sad-sack artist (although I had to listen to the commentary to notice how he had suddenly become tough & suave), and that sympathy helps the gradual revelations of the story. His bowl cut and glasses give him some Stephen King style: the typewriter scene looks like Steve working out THE SHINING. "Hmmm... maybe I should make Jack be a writer instead of a painter...." I liked the dive hotel and inhabitants -- they give George a sweet "welcome back from your suicide" party. And the way the movie just dumps out the whole toybox is pure playtime: from the monster-mask opening to Dr. Rasta's place (was the band name really Haile Mackerel?), to the neon moai and George's Vito paintings, it's exuberantly visually ingenious."

Blood Mania dvd review (ssshorrorreviews)
http://www.ssshorrorreviews.net/2012...ood-mania.html
Demoncrat likes this.

Last edited by bdc; 2nd August 2012 at 07:48 PM.
Old 3rd August 2012, 05:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Has Bill claimed Arrow's upcoming release of THE NIGHT CHILD is a bootleg yet?

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 3rd August 2012, 05:55 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Has Bill claimed Arrow's upcoming release of THE NIGHT CHILD is a bootleg yet?

Old 3rd August 2012, 06:26 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Code Red released the US version.

"...English language version differs significantly from the original Italian version, Il medaglione insanguinato, in numerous respects. The US print contains a different, much tackier opening titles sequence; Elmi's opening nightmare/flashback is cut and restructured considerably with musical alterations and a superimposition of her sleeping face added throughout; some of Johnson's dialogue with an occult expert played by Lila Kedrova is trimmed down; two entire scenes (totalling around three minutes) are cut following the mallet murder in which Johnson is interrogated by the police and then compares his story with Cassidy's; and the final voiceover from Elmi questioning the necessity of evil is dropped from the soundtrack. On the other hand, the English version also adds some footage not in the Italian cut, as Johnson's Diabolical Arts program is shown in much more detail and an additional scene is included with Elmi exploring the new villa upon her arrival in Italy." (Mondo Digital)

I own the Italian version as well btw.
Pete likes this.
Old 3rd August 2012, 06:36 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Fingers crossed some of those disks are still available in a fortnight!

There is at least one I am fairly desperate to own!
bdc likes this.
Old 3rd August 2012, 06:47 PM
Active Cultist

THE BABYSITTER/THE TOPLESS STORY at DVD Drive-In.
bdc likes this.
Old 3rd August 2012, 07:24 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
More overstock added to the CR storefront!

codereddvd; Products
"41 customers today so far, 39 yesterday. People say you are finish without a distributor....hog wash! Did pretty good today getting rid of these overstock. I got my convention table right on the internet and get rid of these quick. thanks you everyone for buying. much appreciated! I know I will never get my $389 grand back, but hopefully I can put some back in the loan payment and use some of this money to do new masters to keep code red going." (Bill/CR)
Pete likes this.
Old 3rd August 2012, 07:51 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Code Red released the US version.

"...English language version differs significantly from the original Italian version, Il medaglione insanguinato, in numerous respects. The US print contains a different, much tackier opening titles sequence; Elmi's opening nightmare/flashback is cut and restructured considerably with musical alterations and a superimposition of her sleeping face added throughout; some of Johnson's dialogue with an occult expert played by Lila Kedrova is trimmed down; two entire scenes (totalling around three minutes) are cut following the mallet murder in which Johnson is interrogated by the police and then compares his story with Cassidy's; and the final voiceover from Elmi questioning the necessity of evil is dropped from the soundtrack. On the other hand, the English version also adds some footage not in the Italian cut, as Johnson's Diabolical Arts program is shown in much more detail and an additional scene is included with Elmi exploring the new villa upon her arrival in Italy." (Mondo Digital)

I own the Italian version as well btw.
The English, Italian, and French versions all have different titles sequences. The US version's tackiness is the comic-book-looking font used for the credits which unfold over the fresco that figures into the film. The Italian version's titles unfold as the camera slowly zooms back from the medallion. The French version is the tackiest. Its titles unfold over details of the Luca Signorelli painting that Richard Johnson is later seen looking at on his slide projector.
Old 5th August 2012, 09:14 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Exploring some of the overstock available at the CR store...part 1.

(Little Godfather aka Godfather Squad)

Like this? Share it using the links below!