Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2011
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th March 2011, 11:26 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Altitude - 20/03/2011 - FINISHED

I hope nobody here suffers from air-sickness - we're about to enter turbulance.

Can YOU handle the pressure? If not the exits are here, here and here. Quickly, put your head between your nears and grab that large bag of peanuts, for this week's prize is none other than the excellent...

Here's all the information you need...

Label: Anchor Bay Entertainment
Release date: 14th March 2011
Release type: DVD, Blu-ray
Certificate: 15
Running time: 86 mins

Pricing: £15.99 (DVD), £19.99 (Blu-ray)
Genre: Fantasy, Horror, Thriller
Director: Kaare Andrews
Stars: Jessica Lowndes, Juilianna Guill, Ryan Donowho, Landon Liboiron, Jake Weary

“A TIGHTLY WOUND, SURPRISINGLY EFFECTIVE HORROR MOVIE… AN AIRBORNE VERSION OF HITCHCOCK’S ‘LIFEBOAT’ AS ADAPTED BY H.P. LOVECRAFT FOR E.C. COMICS.” – DVD TALK.

The debut feature from award-winning comic book writer and illustrator Kaare Andrews (The Incredible Hulk; Ultimate X-Men; Amazing Spider-Man), the supernatural thriller Altitude features “90210” star Jessica Lowndes (The Haunting Of Molly Hartley; Autopsy) heading a top-notch cast of hot, up-and-coming young talent that includes Julianna Guill (Glory Daze; 90210; Friday The 13th), Ryan Donowho (The O.C.), Landon Liboiron (Life Unexpected; Degrassi: The Next Generation) and Jake Weary (Fred: The Movie; As The World Turns).

Fans of “Donnie Darko”, old school “Twilight Zone” episodes and the “Final Destination” movies will find plenty to keep them satisfied with Andrews’ claustrophobic, character-driven, SFX extravaganza that sees a group of teenagers getting much more than they bargained for on their way to a Coldplay concert.

When five friends – Sara (Lowndes), Mel (Guill), Cory (Donowho), Bruce (Liboiron) and Sal (Weary) – decide to turn a trip out of town to see Coldplay in concert into a weekend getaway, rookie pilot Sara offers to fly them there in a rented plane. Shortly into the flight, the plane’s instruments inexplicably begin to malfunction and a mechanical failure results in the plane heading into a steady, unstoppable climb. Worse, a massive electrical storm is closing in on their flight path, their fuel is rapidly running out and emotional tensions within the confines of the small aircraft are beginning to rise.

But the problems onboard prove to be the least of the friends’ worries. Outside, hidden in the depths of the storm clouds, a mysterious and monstrous force is lurking. Its sole purpose is to destroy the plane and its passengers. However, unknown to the others, one of the group has the power to stop prevent the disaster from ever happening.

A movie that takes the themes of fear of the unknown and the power of the imagination to terrifying new heights, Altitude is a stunning debut from a director who is definitely a talent worth keeping an eye on for the future.

Altitude (cert. 15) will be released on DVD (£15.99) and Blu-ray (£19.99) by Anchor Bay Entertainment on 14th March 2011. Special Features include: audio commentary by director Kaare Andrews; Altitude: Behind The Scenes; Green Storm featurette; original concept gallery; trailer; 2.0 Stereo and 5.1 Dolby audio options.

Oh yes!

Here's the trailer...

Notice the EC Comic in there - you'd have to be blind if you missed it

And some luvely pictures too...

But how do you WIN?! Simple-ish - I'll post all the details in just a bit

Kyle
Old 20th March 2011, 12:15 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

And here's how to win it.

You're the pilot of an aeroplane. Let's say this one...

http://cheapstudenttravel.org/sitebu.../aeroplane.jpg

You're going away to some tropical island or something, it doesnt really matter. Then suddenly a freaking huge tentacle comes out of nowhere and takes a swipe at your fuel tank!

Your fuel's pouring out now. It's spraying like a garden hose, like a race horse. If you dont do something soon, you're going to plummet to the ground and crash and die and not win a DVD/Blu-Ray of Altitude and stuff.

But what's this? It seems that other members on Cult Labs are having the same problem. Uh-oh.

Thank goodness for me! Over the course of this week, I'll be posting up questions and small quizzes. "So what?! I'm about to plummet to the ground!" I hear you scream. Well, luckily you can gamble some of your fuel and could possibly win some more.

So over the week, I'll be posting up questions. It'll be up to you to gamble some of your fuel. If you think you know a lot about the chosen topic then gamble a whole load of your fuel, if your not so sure, gamble only a little.

If you get the question correct you'll steal the amount of fuel you gambled from another member's fuel tank. If however you get the question wrong, well someone else will get your fuel.

The three pilots to stay in the air the longest wins!

Everyone starts off with full tank of 200 Fuel. And you can gamble as much as you like (as long as it ends in 0. No 17's or 35.82's here )

Make sense?

The first topic will be Zombies

So, how much are you willing to gamble? Do you know your zombies? If so, make a bet below.

I'll stick the question up at about 2 or 3 depending on who enters.

Good luck!

Any questions, just ask.

Kyle
Old 20th March 2011, 12:18 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

I'll have a go at this.

Hopefully I'm noit too bad a zombie trivia so I gamble 50 fuel.
Old 20th March 2011, 12:18 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

I bet 50 of me fuel

edit: biozombie we posted nearly same time with same bet ha ha

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 20th March 2011, 12:20 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
I bet 50 of me fuel

edit: biozombie we posted nearly same time with same bet ha ha
I think the shock of the impending crash gaves us crazy mind poswers and we joined consiousness to post at the same moment
Old 20th March 2011, 12:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

ha ha maybe

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 20th March 2011, 12:47 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

I'll blow my load on this

All 200
Old 20th March 2011, 01:10 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Ooh interesting

The question will be posted at 2.15 and you'll have 30 mins to enter.
Old 20th March 2011, 01:22 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Ok here's the question:

Below is part of a poster. But which zombie film does the below poster belong to?

Those who gambled fuel so far, simply PM me your answer - you've got until 2.45
Old 20th March 2011, 01:38 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

You guys are quick!

BioZombie, Nekromantik and Bigandya all got the answer correct which was of course Children Shouldnt Play With Dead Things.

Easy!

Which means nobody looses anything in fact everyone gains points. The table now looks like this:

BioZombie = 250 Fuel Points

Nekromantik = 250 Fuel Points

Bigandya = 400 Fuel Points

Next round will be up at 4pm. The topic is Herschell Gordon Lewis

Get gambling your fuel!

Like this? Share it using the links below!