Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1970's

Like Tree16Likes
  • 3 Post By Rob4
  • 2 Post By Demdike@Cult Labs
  • 1 Post By g053584398
  • 1 Post By Rob4
  • 3 Post By Demdike@Cult Labs
  • 3 Post By Demdike@Cult Labs
  • 2 Post By Rob4
  • 1 Post By Demdike@Cult Labs

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 24th July 2021, 04:20 PM
Rob4's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Default 1970s BRIT HORROR not yet on Bluray (in the UK)

Not all horror, I know and some just borderline. Compiled using English Gothic and Ten Years of Terror as a reference. Are there any I'm missing? I suspect I'm missing some sci-fi that might fit in?

1970
The Beast in the Cellar (US release - Severin)
The Corpse (US release - Shout Factory as 'Crucible of Horror')
Cry of the Banshee (US release - Scream Factory)
Goodbye Gemini
Incense of the Damned
Mumsy, Nanny, Sonny and Girly (US release - Scorpion as 'Girly')
No Blade of Grass
Scream and Scream Again (US release - Twilight/Kino)
Tam Lin (US release - Olive)
Trog
When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth (US release - Warner)

1971
Creatures the World Forgot (US release - Mill Creek)
Crucible of Terror
The Devils
The Fiend (US release - Vinegar Syndrome)
Night Digger
Night Hair Child (released US - VCI as 'What the Peeper Saw')
Unman, Wittering and Zigo
Venom (US release - Twilight Time)
What Became of Jack and Jill?
Whoever Slew Auntie Roo? (US release - Kino)

1972
Captain Kronos - Vampire Hunter (US release - Shout)
The Creeping Flesh (US release - Mill Creek)
Disciple of Death
The Flesh and Blood Show (US release - Redemption)
Neither the Sea nor the Sand
Night Watch
Nothing but the Night

1973
And Now the Screaming Starts! (US release - Severin)
Blue Blood
Dark Places
The Final Programme (US release - Shout)
Frankenstein: The True Story (US release - Shout)
From Beyond the Grave (US release - Warner
The Legend of Hell House (US release - Shout)
The Mutations (US release - Diabolik as 'The Freakmaker')
Scream - and Die!
The Sinful Dwarf (US release - Severin)
The Son of Dracula
Voices

1974
Craze
Frightmare (US release - Redemption)
The Ghoul
The Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires (US release - Shout)
Legend of the Werewolf
Madhouse (US release - Kino)
Persecution
Whispers of Fear

1975
Exposť (US release - Severin as 'House on Straw Hill')
I Don't Want to be Born (US release - Scorpion as 'The Devil Within Her')
The Lifetaker
Sex Express
The Spiral Staircase

1976
The Brute (coming soon - Indictor)
The Cassandra Crossing (US release - Timeless Media)
The Devil's Men
Face of Darkness
Full Circle
Queen Kong
Schizo (US release - Redemption)

1977
The Cat and the Canary
The Comeback (US release - Redemption)
Holocaust 2000 (US release - Shout as 'The Chosen')
The Hound of the Baskervilles
The Uncanny (US release - Severin)
Welcome to Blood City

1978
Dominique (US release - Vinegar Syndrome)

1979
Dracula (coming soon - Indicator)
The Godsend (US release - Shout)
Saturn 3 (US release - Shout)
The Secret of Seagull Island

Last edited by Rob4; 25th July 2021 at 07:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 24th July 2021, 04:29 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Emperor
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

The Playbirds is on the Screenbound Mary Millington box set.

Vampira is available via Fabulous Films in the UK and is currently £5.99 on Amazon.

I keep expecting I Don't Want to Be Born and The Final Program to get a Network upgrade.

A great but sad list there, Rob. Several of them haven't even had a dvd release of any note.
nosferatu42 and markchro like this.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 24th July 2021, 05:03 PM
Rob4's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Playbirds is on the Screenbound Mary Millington box set.

Vampira is available via Fabulous Films in the UK and is currently £5.99 on Amazon.

I keep expecting I Don't Want to Be Born and The Final Program to get a Network upgrade.

A great but sad list there, Rob. Several of them haven't even had a dvd release of any note.
Thanks Dem, List updated.

I guess it's not so bad if you are multi-region. But at the same time, you wonder why so many have US releases whilst missing from their country of origin.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 24th July 2021, 05:23 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Emperor
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Thanks Dem, List updated.

I guess it's not so bad if you are multi-region. But at the same time, you wonder why so many have US releases whilst missing from their country of origin.
Agreed. Unless they've lost the rights you'd think the companies that put out the films on dvd would then put them out on BD.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 24th July 2021, 07:12 PM
g053584398's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Yorkshire
Default

That's a really interesting list. There are a few on there that I'd never heard of before, which is always interesting.

The Beast in the Cellar was released in limited-edition form by Severin
Cry of the Banshee was also released in Germany
Scream and Scream Again was also released by Kino featuring two versions of the film
The Fiend was released by Vinegar Syndrome
The Creeping Flesh was released on a disc with two other horror films by Mill Creek
From Beyond the Grave was released by Warner Archive - there's a good chance that it will end up being released on the HMV Premium Collection range
The Legend of Hell House was also released in Germany
Saturn 3 was also released in Germany
Demoncrat likes this.
__________________
A bit of a cult...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 24th July 2021, 07:54 PM
Rob4's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by g053584398 View Post
That's a really interesting list. There are a few on there that I'd never heard of before, which is always interesting.

The Beast in the Cellar was released in limited-edition form by Severin
Cry of the Banshee was also released in Germany
Scream and Scream Again was also released by Kino featuring two versions of the film
The Fiend was released by Vinegar Syndrome
The Creeping Flesh was released on a disc with two other horror films by Mill Creek
From Beyond the Grave was released by Warner Archive - there's a good chance that it will end up being released on the HMV Premium Collection range
The Legend of Hell House was also released in Germany
Saturn 3 was also released in Germany
Cheers, list updated.

I've kept away from continental releases just to keep it a bit simpler.
g053584398 likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 24th July 2021, 10:29 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Emperor
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by g053584398 View Post
That's a really interesting list. There are a few on there that I'd never heard of before, which is always interesting.
I know of them all because the two books Rob sourced are Holy Grails in my house. I've read English Gothic three times (One of the original paperback and twice the later hardback edition) and Ten Years of Terror i dip into regularly.

Both are very highly recommended, g05
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 24th July 2021, 11:06 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Emperor
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

There are a couple of sci-fi horrors from the sixties i'd like on Blu-Ray.

Namely John Gilling's Night Caller (From Outer Space) and Tony Tenser's (crap but i like it) The Body Stealers.
g053584398, Demoncrat and markchro like this.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 25th July 2021, 12:03 AM
Rob4's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
There are a couple of sci-fi horrors from the sixties i'd like on Blu-Ray.

Namely John Gilling's Night Caller (From Outer Space) and Tony Tenser's (crap but i like it) The Body Stealers.
It was fun doing the list, so I’ll do a follow-up one for the sixties when I get bit of free time

The two you mention seem an ideal fit for Network
g053584398 and markchro like this.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 25th July 2021, 01:30 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Emperor
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
It was fun doing the list, so Iíll do a follow-up one for the sixties when I get bit of free time

The two you mention seem an ideal fit for Network
I have dvd's of both. Odeon released The Body Stealers and Renown did Night Caller.
g053584398 likes this.
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.