Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1970's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree261Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th July 2023, 05:14 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
From what was of some interest, with this revelation i've given up on it already.

I thought from the trailer it seemed to reuse elements of the 1973 film, so expect it to rip off all the films at some point because that production team don't have an original bone in their bodies.
It looks like a film that wants to be a distant sequel of Friedkin's horror masterpiece, one that uses the Chris McNeil character to link what happened to her daughter with what is happening to the girls in this film.

Whether it's effective or derivative remains to be seen; it could be both.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 27th July 2023, 06:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
It looks like a film that wants to be a distant sequel of Friedkin's horror masterpiece, one that uses the Chris McNeil character to link what happened to her daughter with what is happening to the girls in this film.

Whether it's effective or derivative remains to be seen; it could be both.
Apparently Linda Blair is to make a appearance as Regan but nothing has been disclosed how much of a big part of her character will be on screen.
Old 27th July 2023, 06:32 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Apparently Linda Blair is to make a appearance as Regan but nothing has been disclosed how much of a big part of her character will be on screen.
It'll be like them bringing back Laurie Strode then having no idea what to do with her.
iank and MrBarlow like this.
Old 27th July 2023, 06:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
It'll be like them bringing back Laurie Strode then having no idea what to do with her.
It be like Christopher Lee in The Wicker Tree, announcing a big star in a sequel then basically on screen for less than a minute.
Old 27th July 2023, 06:52 PM
Cult Addict

I was looking forward to the Halloween reboot but the overwhelming negative response put me right off given I hold the first film and to a slightly less degree its sequel in very high esteem. The Exorcist however, well a decent remake wouldn't be a bad idea. It could easily (for me at least) enter that group of horror remakes that are considered superior to the originals.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 5th September 2023, 04:35 PM
Cult Master

Second trailer for 'The Exorcist: Believer'

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 6th September 2023, 11:29 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Second trailer for 'The Exorcist: Believer'

Old 6th September 2023, 11:40 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
It looked mildly interesting from the first trailer but now it appears to be a typical Blumhouse shit fest. To be blunt.

It's the first of three as well. Most likely end up like their Halloween dross which ripped off every sequel going as they had no ideas of their own.

Director David Gordon Green is lucky to be still working given that he's never made a decent film his whole career.
marvinnashsear and iank like this.
Old 6th September 2023, 12:21 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
It looked mildly interesting from the first trailer but now it appears to be a typical Blumhouse shit fest. To be blunt.

It's the first of three as well. Most likely end up like their Halloween dross which ripped off every sequel going as they had no ideas of their own.

Director David Gordon Green is lucky to be still working given that he's never made a decent film his whole career.
The first trailer did look promising, but this is fairly mundane material.

I wouldn't call it "a typical Blumhouse shit fest" because the company has been behind such fine films as Jordan Peele's Get Out, Us, and Nope, plus Hush, Freaky, Nanny, The Invisible Man, The Lords of Salem, Oculus, Split, The Bay, Happy Death Day (and its sequel), and the highly rated M3GAN, a film that is on my Prime Video watchlist, but one I've yet to see.
Old 6th September 2023, 12:38 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
The first trailer did look promising, but this is fairly mundane material.

I wouldn't call it "a typical Blumhouse shit fest" because the company has been behind such fine films as Jordan Peele's Get Out, Us, and Nope, plus Hush, Freaky, Nanny, The Invisible Man, The Lords of Salem, Oculus, Split, The Bay, Happy Death Day (and its sequel), and the highly rated M3GAN, a film I have yet to see.
Most of those listed are funded by Blumhouse i agree but aren't typical Blumhouse films and are very much the brainchilds of their directors and writers such as Jordan Peele, Rob Zombie and Barry Levinson.

On the whole though Blumhouse produce generic uninspiring horror with jump scares you can see coming a mile off and not a lot else. For every decent film they produce there are ten that are dross.
marvinnashsear and iank like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!