Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1970's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree261Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th September 2023, 05:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
It looked mildly interesting from the first trailer but now it appears to be a typical Blumhouse shit fest. To be blunt.

It's the first of three as well. Most likely end up like their Halloween dross which ripped off every sequel going as they had no ideas of their own.

Director David Gordon Green is lucky to be still working given that he's never made a decent film his whole career.
I'm glad I'm not the only who thought this looks well not very good, I saw it advertised when went cinema on Saturday and tbh I wasn't impressed.
Old 6th September 2023, 09:17 PM
Cult Acolyte

I'm surprised anyone is surprised given who made it. Halloween 2018 was a big pile of lazy trash and I couldn't even make it through Kills, so horrifically, painfully awful you have to wonder if they weren't actually just taking the piss.
Old 6th October 2023, 01:51 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Perhaps unsurprisingly, Mark Kermode thinks The Exorcist: Believer is terrible – a film made by people who have seen The Exorcist but have forgotten (or failed to understand) its most important points.

The video is worth watching for a quick journey through all of the Exorcist films and a thorough trashing of everything bad about this new film. Kermode's wordplay is also quite funny and I laughed several times at his creative use of language.

"The guy who made those new Halloween sequels is about to make one to my movie, The Exorcist. That's right, my signature film is about to be extended by the man who made Pineapple Express. I don't want to be around when that happens. But if there's a spirit world, and I can come back, I plan to possess David Gordon Green and make his life a living hell."
– William Friedkin

Old 6th October 2023, 01:51 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

IMG_7838.jpg
This made me chuckle.
Old 6th October 2023, 03:36 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I said earlier that David Gordon Green was a terrible film maker. Ruined Halloween and about to trash The Exorcist.
iank likes this.
Old 6th October 2023, 03:48 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

He’s not a terrible filmmaker, Dem, he’s a really accomplished indie filmmaker BUT he’s totally out of his depth making horror flicks, IMO.
Old 6th October 2023, 03:55 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook View Post
He’s not a terrible filmmaker, Dem, he’s a really accomplished indie filmmaker BUT he’s totally out of his depth making horror flicks, IMO.
All three of his i've seen i thought were terrible - Halloween, Pineapple Express and Your Highness.
Old 6th October 2023, 03:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I said earlier that David Gordon Green was a terrible film maker. Ruined Halloween and about to trash The Exorcist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook View Post
Is it the director or too much studio interference working with a script that should have stayed on the shelf?
Old 2nd November 2023, 02:50 PM
Cult Master

‘The Exorcist’ – Never-Before-Seen Outtakes from the Original Classic Finally Surface for Halloween! / Bloody Disgusting

"As we celebrate 50 years of William Friedkin’s The Exorcist, a man by the name of Paul Davis has unearthed extremely rare, never-before-seen footage from the production that he’s been teasing on social media throughout October. Davis, who directed Beware the Moon: Remembering An American Werewolf in London as well as the films The Body and Uncanny Annie (both part of Blumhouse’s anthology series “Into the Dark”), recently shared a brief snippet of footage from a Pazuzu makeup test, and he’s now sharing ALL of it for Halloween.

Davis just uploaded a 37-minute video to YouTube for Halloween today wherein he shares 34-minutes of rare and never-before-seen outtakes from The Exorcist, and he guides us through the footage with a running commentary track that provides context and additional info.

The incredible video shared by Davis includes outtakes from the deleted Washington Sightseeing trip, the Spider-Walk, the legendary Pazuzu makeup test, and more.

There’s also makeup test footage featuring Linda Blair herself in here (seen up above), looking far different than the possessed Regan ended up looking in the final movie. This video is a treat for fans of classic practical makeup effects in particular, as it lifts the curtain on a lot of Dick Smith’s makeup work in The Exorcist and shows how some of it came together. The footage also serves as a testament to everything Linda Blair bravely endured during the production.

This is an absolute treasure trove of unseen footage for diehard fans of The Exorcist, and you won’t find this stuff on any DVD or Blu-ray release. Happy Halloween. And enjoy."

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pic268 - The Exorcist Outtake.jpg (64.8 KB, 7 views)
nosferatu42 likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 8th January 2024, 04:33 PM
Cult Master

Qualifies as a 'Before They Were Famous' post!
"Years before he became famous, author William Peter Blatty appeared on Groucho Marx's quiz show, "You Bet Your Life," posing as an Arab sheik with so many wives that he could not recall how many he had. Groucho was completely taken in. When Blatty revealed that it was a hoax after a couple of minutes, he told Groucho that he did it because George Fenneman had said that Groucho was an expert at spotting phonies. Groucho replied, "That is incorrect, because I've had Fenneman in my employ now for 14 years." Blatty won $10,000 on the show, and when Groucho asked what he intended to do with the money, Blatty replied that he was going to take a year off from his job and write a novel. That novel was "The Exorcist" and Blatty would win the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for the 1973 film version."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!