Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1980's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=553)
-   -   Madman (1982) Joe Giannone (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1980s/3046-madman-1982-joe-giannone.html)

Sargento 20th June 2010 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 87806)
I enjoyed Ninja Assassin for what it was. But i can wholeheartedly see why the majority of movie fans hated it. The use of CG blood in the later Dead movies was horrible and unnecessary.

It's ruining movies completely in my view .... it it far too unconvincing and off-putting. I really can't see the movie makers making a u-turn on CGI blood and gore effects as surely it is so much cheaper and re-work is so much easier.

:(

wayfarer 20th June 2010 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 87807)
It's ruining movies completely in my view .... it it far too unconvincing and off-putting. I really can't see the movie makers making a u-turn on CGI blood and gore effects as surely it is so much cheaper and re-work is so much easier.

:(

It's also easier to release a PG-13 vesion of a movie and take the CG gore out, and then reinstate it for an Unrated release.:rolleyes:

Sargento 20th June 2010 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 87808)
It's also easier to release a PG-13 vesion of a movie and take the CG gore out, and then reinstate it for an Unrated release.:rolleyes:

Good point!

Reminds me of the old Megadrive SNES videogame versions of Mortal Kombat when you could turn the gore on and off with a code!!!

wayfarer 20th June 2010 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 87809)
Good point!

Reminds me of the old Megadrive SNES videogame versions of Mortal Kombat when you could turn the gore on and off with a code!!!

:lol: I remember those days!

Sargento 20th June 2010 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 87812)
:lol: I remember those days!

Not sure they were good old days tho Way .. and it appears we are going back to them!:shocked:

Splatterdragon73 21st June 2010 09:23 AM

In answer to your question, Marz,

Harvey and Bob Weinstein later to become the driving force behind Miramax Releasing (or 'Distribution' can't recall which exactly.).

There was also another name associated with The Burning i found quite amusing, one 'Corky Burger'! Ironic i thought for a film in which the killer is described early on as "A f*****' Big Mac overdone!".:lol:

dis 21st June 2010 04:39 PM

hi, dis here.seems a few people like my thread over mad man.there is also a lot of talk about the burning,which is even better than mad man and MAYBE better than the original friday?cropsy and jason are two of the best killers ever!
as for cgi i also agree that it is ruining films,and not just horror! lets hear more about the burning?
speak soon.

Pete 21st June 2010 04:45 PM

The Burning is one of my favouite slashers, it shits in the face of the dreadful (IMO) Friday the 13th.

Peter Neal 21st June 2010 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 87944)
The Burning is one of my favouite slashers, it shits in the face of the dreadful (IMO) Friday the 13th.

Errr...don't let Mrs. Voorhees hear that, loops! :p

Personally, I'd still take the original "Friday" over both, "The Burning" and "Madman".:nod:

And while I would consider "The Burning" to be the one delivering better as a straightforward horror flick, I think that "Madman" has more charm, being the overall more "likeable" movie of the two, partly because of its reknown faults.:pop2:

I just hope they DON'T re-create the original's jacuzzi scene in the 3D redux! :shocked:

Splatterdragon73 22nd June 2010 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Neal (Post 87956)
I just hope they DON'T re-create the original's jacuzzi scene in the 3D redux! :shocked:

Damn right and this putrid part of Madman is the only scene in the film i don't like for obvious reasons. Anybody here yet to see Madman Marz's original outing will know what Peter and i mean if or when they eventually catch the movie. It's a teeth-grindingly and mind-numbingly bad moment in an otherwise enjoyable little slasher imo.

I also like the blink 'n you'll miss it (him?) glimpses of the titular killer in Madman. A similar tactic also employed to good effect in the equally highly likeable Hell Night.:)