Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2000's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th April 2008, 07:15 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I liked the fact that he brought the previous two mothers and other characters into the plot as well........
Old 28th April 2008, 07:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
I liked the fact that he brought the previous two mothers and other characters into the plot as well........
Yeah, he wrapped it up. It's mainstream - I mean my girlfriend who is not an Italian horror fan, enjoyed it! (despite it being rather gory) - but she was able to understand it having not seen Suspiria nor Inferno. Udo Keir was wasted, and Daria Nicolodi's CGI heavy role was a big slice of cheese - but Asia performed well enough I thought. The ending was a little WTF!

Great soundtrack too..
Old 28th April 2008, 07:25 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It WAS rather gory mate,but I thought HEY! we're in a timewarp back to the glory days of Italian horror!Perhaps this is the way Il Maestro intends to go,as his last installments for Masters of Horror were rather gory as well......
Old 28th April 2008, 07:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
It WAS rather gory mate,but I thought HEY! we're in a timewarp back to the glory days of Italian horror!Perhaps this is the way Il Maestro intends to go,as his last installments for Masters of Horror were rather gory as well......
Yeah, not complaining..

Did you see the news about Giallo? He's only got Adrien Brody on board! That's quite impressive getting such a high profile (and damn fine) actor as him to sign on.

I'm not fussed about "big" actors - but Brody is someone who I think will do well in an Argento flick.
Old 28th April 2008, 07:36 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Certainly fits the bill mate,......Argento ain't exactly a spring chicken,I'm just glad that he's still making movies,and as long as he makes movies,I for one will continue watching them......
Old 30th April 2008, 10:47 AM
Cultist in Training
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
Yeah, not complaining..

Did you see the news about Giallo? He's only got Adrien Brody on board! That's quite impressive getting such a high profile (and damn fine) actor as him to sign on.

I'm not fussed about "big" actors - but Brody is someone who I think will do well in an Argento flick.
Yeah, but I won't believe it til it's confirmed. Remember Bridget Fonda was meant to be the star of Stendhal Syndrome way back when? Don't be surprised if Asia ends up in the Brody role............
Old 30th April 2008, 02:13 PM
Ex-member

Default Mother Of Tears dvd

I was really looking forward to seeing this film. Especially being a big Argento fan. And naturally I was not disappointed, because it's brilliant!
I read that there is going to be a R1 DVD from Anchor Bay with extras.
But as with NoShame and there delayed dvd of DOOR INTO DARKNESS, I'll believe it when the dvd is released. Roll on Argento!
Old 30th April 2008, 05:46 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I reviewed it awhile back (http://www.wildsidecinema.com/94.html) and have to admit that I enjoyed it... and still do! I've seen it 3 times this year already!

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 30th April 2008, 05:52 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
That's the problem mate,when the benchmark is SUSPIRIA,even more so than INFERNO,it's a very high benchmark to hit......look at Hooper....can anyone say he hit another high like THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE?.....and don't any joker bother replying with The Mangler....
What about Crocodile?
Old 30th April 2008, 05:53 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Knew that was coming mate.....

Like this? Share it using the links below!