Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2000's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd March 2011, 12:22 PM
Blogs Moderator

In defence of the movie, I'd again point out that it uses a fairly unique movie monster. Admittedly, it's not the first ever movie Banshee, but it's good to see filmmakers delving into different myths rather than trotting out another Zombie apocalypse.

It kind of ties in (very loosely so save your arrows...) with other movies tapping into old myths, like Outcast from a few months ago or the upcoming Wakewood. Those films are a lot more Kitchen Sink than the floaty fantasy of Damned By Dawn, but on reflection, I think it hopefully points to producers trying to step away from tried and trusted genre villians.

REVIEWS
Old 7th March 2011, 03:31 PM
Blogs Moderator

DAMNED BY DAWN IS OUT NOW

Check out the new clip from on the CULT LABS BLOG
Old 15th March 2011, 11:08 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Mike's Review of the movie as posted on Flash-Bang: Damned By Dawn

I have to agree. It was an effective chiller that could have been so much better had it used more defined CG. The scene of the dead flying down the road, turning to a kind of necrotic sludge on the windscreen of a car was a well thought out scene badly realised, for example. The movie came across as if the filmmakers had great ideas and a good cast but no money to do it justice. A great shame, and a pity more investors couldn't have been found because I believe that had there been more money (and perhaps time) spent on the digital effects, it would have turned out as a bit of a classic.
Old 7th April 2011, 08:41 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I have to say I was looking forward to my viewing of this.

Unfortunately the tagline was misleading,the film in my personal opinion was too slow paced,and for the most part took a struggle to sit through.

Thesaving grace for me would of been 2 of the actors (dawn klinberg) for one whop were previously in Prisoner Cell Block H!,however the terrible script even shot holes in that notion.
Old 28th April 2011, 03:53 PM
Cult Rookie

in HMV ive picked this movie up many times and always put it down again and bought something else (did the same today), wasn't sure.... it's the type of movie i think i will wait till i can get it for a fiver, especially now after seeing the comments for it....i will buy it, but when the price is right.

Like this? Share it using the links below!