Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's


Like Tree40Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #13  
Old 15th March 2013, 06:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,007
Default

Some Green Inferno news from yours truly. Keep an eye out on the magazine - in a couple of issues my Eli Roth coverage will be in print too.

Lorenza Izzo on Hemlock Grove and The Green Inferno | SciFiNow
Daemonia likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 15th March 2013, 07:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bremen
Posts: 1,046
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmogxx View Post
(By the way, did anyone else hear how Eli showed the natives he was working with what a movie was? Well he showed them Cannibal Holocaust... And they thought it was the funniest thing that they had ever seen)
YEs, he mentioned this in the Q and A following Aftershock at Fright Fest Glasgow.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 8th September 2013, 01:06 PM
Cult Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3
Default Green Inferno

I'm not really a fan of Eli Roth, but this has to be better than WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 8th September 2013, 07:17 PM
Rik's Avatar
Rik Rik is online now
Cult Veteran
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Halifax,UK
Posts: 11,562
Default

Bloody Disgusting review



[BD Review] With 'The Green Inferno', Eli Roth Resurrects the Cannibal Sub-Genre In All It's Depraved Glory! -

Sounds like it's gonna be pretty good, look forward to seeing it, wasn't aware that Captain Jack Sparrow made a cameo appearance though
Gothmogxx likes this.
__________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die...
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 8th September 2013, 07:21 PM
PaulD's Avatar
Cult Addict
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 6,285
Default

Haha!

I'm looking forward to this. Hope it gets a UK theatrical release. Seems odd that we haven't even been given a trailer yet.
__________________
Letterboxd | Twitter | Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 8th September 2013, 07:21 PM
Rik's Avatar
Rik Rik is online now
Cult Veteran
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Halifax,UK
Posts: 11,562
Default

....and it looks like it's gonna get a sequel too

“AFTERSHOCK” director and Eli Roth collaborator helming “GREEN INFERNO” sequel | FANGORIAŽ
__________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die...
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 8th September 2013, 11:50 PM
Daemonia's Avatar
Cult Addict
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,442
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Haha!

I'm looking forward to this. Hope it gets a UK theatrical release. Seems odd that we haven't even been given a trailer yet.
He's doing a Deodato and retaining the mystery. Except in the digital age of instant information we know it's not real. A disadvantage he has over Deodato.
__________________
Sent from my Hoover using the power of Uri Gellar
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 8th September 2013, 11:55 PM
PaulD's Avatar
Cult Addict
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 6,285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
He's doing a Deodato and retaining the mystery. Except in the digital age of instant information we know it's not real. A disadvantage he has over Deodato.

Ah, has he said that or is it speculation?
__________________
Letterboxd | Twitter | Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 9th September 2013, 07:08 AM
keirarts's Avatar
Cult Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Barrow-in-furness
Posts: 5,198
Blog Entries: 14
Default

Wasn't Green inferno the film the crew were shooting in cannibal holocaust before they got killed? (or was it one of the films they had made previously, I'm going to have to dig out Holocaust and watch it again.)

Either way I hope this is going to be good. Considering how long its been since he actually shot a film and some of the drek he's been in over the last six years its sometime easy to forget that Eli Roth is actually a pretty good director. Sure he kick started the torture porn sub-genre, but Hostel actually was supported by a great central premise. The tourists that look to exploit the locals for easy sex/drugs ending up exploited themselves. Cabin Fever was also great fun as well.

I just hope they treat the locals fairly (i'm sure they will) as one of the best things about the Deadoto film was how most of what happens was the fault of the white Europeans...
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 9th September 2013, 09:48 AM
PaulD's Avatar
Cult Addict
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 6,285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Wasn't Green inferno the film the crew were shooting in cannibal holocaust before they got killed? (or was it one of the films they had made previously, I'm going to have to dig out Holocaust and watch it again.)

The Green Inferno is the film they're making before they get killed


Quote:
Either way I hope this is going to be good. Considering how long its been since he actually shot a film and some of the drek he's been in over the last six years its sometime easy to forget that Eli Roth is actually a pretty good director. Sure he kick started the torture porn sub-genre, but Hostel actually was supported by a great central premise. The tourists that look to exploit the locals for easy sex/drugs ending up exploited themselves. Cabin Fever was also great fun as well.

I just hope they treat the locals fairly (i'm sure they will) as one of the best things about the Deadoto film was how most of what happens was the fault of the white Europeans...

I totally agree. I only really like Cabin Fever out of the three films he's directed and recently he's had more of an interest in helping others get their film out through attaching his name (which is a great thing, don't get me wrong) but I really want to like this as I appreciate his enthusiasm for the genre.
keirarts likes this.
__________________
Letterboxd | Twitter | Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 9th September 2013, 10:01 AM
SCM's Avatar
SCM SCM is offline
Seasoned Cultist
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Burntisland
Posts: 746
Default

If Eli roth made this into a movie it would've been brilliant.
keirarts likes this.
__________________
"No Sympathy for the Devil, Buy The Ticket Take The Ride" - Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 9th September 2013, 01:50 PM
Rik's Avatar
Rik Rik is online now
Cult Veteran
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Halifax,UK
Posts: 11,562
Default

Another good review, this time from Fango

Eli Roth’s “THE GREEN INFERNO” (TIFF Movie Review) | FANGORIAŽ
SCM likes this.
__________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.