Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2010's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   Amerikan Holokaust (2013) - Sickest Film Ever?? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2010s/11642-amerikan-holokaust-2013-sickest-film-ever.html)

Paul@TheOverlook 16th December 2013 09:56 PM

Each to his own, indeed. I'm liberally minded and have watched my fair share of controversial cinema over the years but stuff like this exists purely for its shock value - I'd be happy to be proved wrong. Films like this and most of the other films mentioned in the opening post do absolutely nothing for me.

Rik 16th December 2013 10:01 PM

Same, I only searched for it because I was interested in who would stock such a film, I've absolutely no intention of watching it, but fair do's to anyone who does

Paul@TheOverlook 16th December 2013 10:10 PM

I really do not have a problem with anything that is extreme
In nature so long as it has a point and some entertainment value. I've not seen this film so couldn't possibly make a call but my gut feeling, based on what was written here, is that there isn't a point and it isn't entertaining :D

Make Them Die Slowly 16th December 2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook (Post 383480)
I really do not have a problem with anything that is extreme
In nature so long as it has a point and some entertainment value. I've not seen this film so couldn't possibly make a call but my gut feeling, based on what was written here, is that there isn't a point and it isn't entertaining :D

I tend to view stuff like this as catching the arse end of a running joke between two friends...it's funny but you never get the full meaning of the joke or it's connection between the two people. I hope that makes sense.

Paul@TheOverlook 16th December 2013 10:19 PM

That makes sense and I'm sure whatever insight those friends bring to a viewing would certainly elevate the experience but for me a film has to stand on its own and should resonate accordingly.

Make Them Die Slowly 16th December 2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook (Post 383484)
That makes sense and I'm sure whatever insight those friends bring to a viewing would certainly elevate the experience but for me a film has to stand on its own and should resonate accordingly.

Very nicely put Paul. I totally agree but there is something about the sheer lack of anything other than shock that appeals to me about films like this. They are so bloody minded and singular in approach that the films are almost irrelevant to the needs and obsessions of the film makers and the desire to share them. I'm most likely reading too much into the sub genre but it does fascinate me as to why people want to shock and repulse.

Nordicdusk 16th December 2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 383496)
but it does fascinate me as to why people want to shock and repulse.

Im the exact same as you MTDS. Even when it comes to certain shock videos on the net i always feel the need to look more into the clips and what was behind them and the people involved. Most people look at the clip talk about what they have seen but for me thats not enough i want to whole back stary and the mind set of both the person that films and the people involved be they victim or the person doing the act. Sometimes i regret it after my researh is done because most times what influences these things is way worse than what i have watched.

Make Them Die Slowly 16th December 2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 383501)
Im the exact same as you MTDS. Even when it comes to certain shock videos on the net i always feel the need to look more into the clips and what was behind them and the people involved. Most people look at the clip talk about what they have seen but for me thats not enough i want to whole back stary and the mind set of both the person that films and the people involved be they victim or the person doing the act. Sometimes i regret it after my researh is done because most times what influences these things is way worse than what i have watched.

Are you talking about real things or films? I see enough crap in my average day at work to avoid reality when at home!

Nordicdusk 16th December 2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 383503)
Are you talking about real things or films? I see enough crap in my average day at work to avoid reality when at home!

I wish it was only films :lol:

gag 17th December 2013 12:00 AM

The thing is no matter how extreme and wrong a film is there is always soneone there to defend it. but one must start to Question these type of filns when even fans off extreme cinema are kinda turning there back on them and slowly getting fed up and complaining. But lets be honest how far is to far ? and there is a certain genere of films that one must Question of why anyone would want to watch such films. mpo there extreme and then just plain wrong.