Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2010's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   I Spit on Your Grave (2010) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2010s/4233-i-spit-your-grave-2010-a.html)

pedromonkey 1st February 2011 10:36 PM

ok just watched it and the bbfc state that it was passed with no cuts on 06/12/10 on video but on 25/08/10 it had a total of 17 cuts totalling 43secs at a run time of 107mins 45sec. But the version i just watched was 103 minutes so surely that 4 minutes removed. im confused....good film though and the Sheriff is from my neck of the woods...cardiff..

nekromantik 1st February 2011 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 125662)
ok just watched it and the bbfc state that it was passed with no cuts on 06/12/10 on video but on 25/08/10 it had a total of 17 cuts totalling 43secs at a run time of 107mins 45sec. But the version i just watched was 103 minutes so surely that 4 minutes removed. im confused....good film though and the Sheriff is from my neck of the woods...cardiff..

yes pedro its still missing 45 secs as they probs sent a pre cut version for video release. Did you watch it on DVD? if so then thats PAL speedup time difference.

pedromonkey 1st February 2011 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 125664)
yes pedro its still missing 45 secs as they probs sent a pre cut version for video release. Did you watch it on DVD? if so then thats PAL speedup time difference.

i watched it on Blu-ray nek, got an early rental copy from work, to be honest i can't see where they could have cut the 45secs as the film is pretty brutal and full on for a good 40 minutes..

nekromantik 1st February 2011 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 125667)
i watched it on Blu-ray nek, got an early rental copy from work, to be honest i can't see where they could have cut the 45secs as the film is pretty brutal and full on for a good 40 minutes..

they only cut sexul violence and nothing in the revenge section.
I just had a look and ye the video version is listed at 103 and cinema 107 which makes sense for PAL speedup but if yours was a blu then thats a bit odd. maybe the FPS was altered.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd February 2011 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 125667)

I watched it on Monday night and was surprised just how brutal and intense the whole rape scene was. It is an unrelenting assault on the viewer and possibly even more intense than the original because of the score and HD surround sound.

Sam@Cult Labs 2nd February 2011 12:40 PM

New blog / packshot

Small towns can breed small minds, especially, according to the rules of the American Grindhouse, if you live anywhere a bit swampy. Discuss.

Not really. Here's a post I wrote on one scene from the movie (so beware spoilers) were peer pressure and dead end boredom combine into a potentially violent and perverse brew

ISYG: GANG MENTALITY

Also...

BLU-RAY PACK SHOT:

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...ve_abb8024.jpg

Demoncrat 2nd February 2011 12:48 PM

thanks for the welcome folks....

MECHAGODPHILLA 2nd February 2011 01:45 PM

Sorry if this is a stupid question? But, have I missed the cinema release of this?

nekromantik 2nd February 2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 125689)
I watched it on Monday night and was surprised just how brutal and intense the whole rape scene was. It is an unrelenting assault on the viewer and possibly even more intense than the original because of the score and HD surround sound.

Tbh I thought the originals rape scene was far worse.
The remake however does go all out on the revenge section although when it dont actully show the castration and the final death its a bit of a cop out as its meant to be brutal.

gag 2nd February 2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 125773)
Tbh I thought the originals rape scene was far worse.
The remake however does go all out on the revenge section although when it dont actully show the castration and the final death its a bit of a cop out as its meant to be brutal.

I decided to watch the remake. even tho i was against watching it
It was ok but didnt realy do much for me in the long run,
Bit dull boring and bland a lot of hype over nothing realy,