Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2010's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   I Spit on Your Grave (2010) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2010s/4233-i-spit-your-grave-2010-a.html)

nekromantik 2nd February 2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 125775)
I decided to watch the remake. even tho i was against watching it
It was ok but didnt realy do much for me in the long run,
Bit dull boring and bland a lot of hype over nothing realy,

i liked it but it was over hyped.
Im still not sure why I have got it on order from amazon :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd February 2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MECHAGODPHILLA (Post 125770)
Sorry if this is a stupid question? But, have I missed the cinema release of this?

I imagine that the theatrical release was so limited that you would have been extremely lucky to watch it at the cinema - it didn't come anywhere near me to the best of my knowledge.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 125773)
Tbh I thought the originals rape scene was far worse.
The remake however does go all out on the revenge section although when it dont actully show the castration and the final death its a bit of a cop out as its meant to be brutal.

In hindsight, I suppose the cut to black parts of the rape section detracted from the ordeal but the part with Matthew was more harrowing than in the original even though the 'comedy' made it worse.

Even though I have the BD (though not the complete package), I'm still keeping the US version pre-ordered as I want to see the revenge part of the rape-revenge uncut. In terms of the castration, some things work better in the imagination!

pedromonkey 2nd February 2011 04:46 PM

i hated the original, i found it farcical with some of the characters but really enjoyed the remake, in all honesty i found it harder to watch than serbian film because the performances were so realistic and brutal that it was very shocking, fair do's to the cast for what they did.

nekromantik 2nd February 2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 125790)
I imagine that the theatrical release was so limited that you would have been extremely lucky to watch it at the cinema - it didn't come anywhere near me to the best of my knowledge.

In hindsight, I suppose the cut to black parts of the rape section detracted from the ordeal but the part with Matthew was more harrowing than in the original even though the 'comedy' made it worse.

Even though I have the BD (though not the complete package), I'm still keeping the US version pre-ordered as I want to see the revenge part of the rape-revenge uncut. In terms of the castration, some things work better in the imagination!

hmm
maybe your right about the castration :lol:
might be a lil too morbid me thinks :laugh:

MECHAGODPHILLA 2nd February 2011 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 125790)

Bah! :doh: Thanks for the info matey.

vipco 3rd February 2011 02:08 PM

Does anyone know if the UK double film BluRay release of ISOYG Remake and ISOYG Original contain the same version of the original cut that 101 films released on BD in 2010 .?

nekromantik 3rd February 2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 126018)
Does anyone know if the UK double film BluRay release of ISOYG Remake and ISOYG Original contain the same version of the original cut that 101 films released on BD in 2010 .?

yes as far as im aware there has only been 1 blu release of I spit original so doubt they would create a new release just for double set.

vipco 3rd February 2011 05:49 PM

I was wondering that as its not a 101 release (Remake) then maybe the original was resubmitted to the BBFC and a longer version was approved. ?

HD copies on BD of the ISOYG remake are sadly being sold up at a local market I go to. I wouldn't buy any though.

nekromantik 3rd February 2011 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 126070)
I was wondering that as its not a 101 release (Remake) then maybe the original was resubmitted to the BBFC and a longer version was approved. ?

HD copies on BD of the ISOYG remake are sadly being sold up at a local market I go to. I wouldn't buy any though.

nope
bbfc only list the 101 release.
Like I said before its not very likely that they would spend money on re-submitting it 6 months later.

Andydn 5th February 2011 11:07 AM

Stick with the original

love the original, best thing about the remake is the poster!! Movie just doesnt work at all in my opinion.