Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Action & Adventure
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Which Mad Max Movie Is Your Fave?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Which Mad Max Movie Is Your Fave?

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th May 2015, 10:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default Mad Max , Mad Max they call it Mad Max

Love the first two and fury road, thunderdome suffers from a lot of eighties over excess, Gibson's barnet and Tina Turner make me cringe and all the brutality of the first two has been sacrificed for bollocks spouting stage kids . Fury Road is tremendous and you'll do your self a disservice if you dont see it on the big screen, it is more in spirit of the first two films but is pushes the future weirdness a lot further . That said if I am honest road warrior is still my favourite.
keirarts likes this.
Old 15th May 2015, 10:22 PM
Cult Addict

Road Warrior is still the best.

That said, give Fury road a chance.

1. It NEEDS to be seen at a cinema. Its for the most part incredibly visually impressive and works well on a huge screen.

2. Its better than beyond thunderdome.

3. Mainly practical. Some CGI which is shite but forgiveable because a large and significant proportion of the film is practical.

4. Its down & dirty and totally nuts. Hopefully this film will do well. It might encourage Hollywood to step outside its comfort zone once in a while and take a chance on something like this.

5. Its bloody entertaining.
Old 15th May 2015, 10:46 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Default Mad Max!

Stephen, I've known you a while now and I reckon I've a good idea about what you like and I think you'll dig FURY ROAD. It's absolute nonsense of the highest order but it's so entertaining - it really is a breath of fresh air seeing such a massive spectacle made for adults in this toothless PG-13 age.

Please go and see it. If you don't like it I'll send you a gift to the equivalent of the cost of your ticket.
Old 15th May 2015, 10:58 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Nope. I feel very strongly about this. Hardy's accent from what I've seen, is terrible, and I hate Nicholas Hoult at the best of times. I'll give it a miss.
Old 15th May 2015, 11:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I was not really looking forward to Mad Max: Fury Road but due to the praise it has been receiving i decided to see it last night (in 3D) and thank god i did as it was one of the best things i have seen in ages.

The movie is wall to wall action and is completely bonkers but such a hugely enjoyable experience that i will be going to watch it again next weekend.

I do feel that the movie will lose some impact on home viewing and needs to be experienced on the big screen.
Old 15th May 2015, 11:19 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Nope. I feel very strongly about this. Hardy's accent from what I've seen, is terrible, and I hate Nicholas Hoult at the best of times. I'll give it a miss.

Hardy barely speaks and Hoult isn't annoying either.
Steel76 likes this.
Old 16th May 2015, 12:19 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I think your cutting off your toe to spite your foot
Vipp likes this.
Old 16th May 2015, 04:56 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Re-watched 1 & 2 in the last days in antecipation for the new one, really excited. Still haven't seen Thunderdome, even though I have the BD...

Can't really compare 1 & 2 because the tone is so different, but I guess I prefer 2, it endures more viewings.
keirarts likes this.
Old 16th May 2015, 08:30 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I still need to digest the outcome of Thunderdome.

So the kids give up paradise to live in a post-nuclear Sidney that's probably infested with cannibals, polluted water & offers no food etc?

WTF ?
Old 16th May 2015, 09:22 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by zane View Post
I still need to digest the outcome of Thunderdome.

So the kids give up paradise to live in a post-nuclear Sidney that's probably infested with cannibals, polluted water & offers no food etc?

WTF ?
I never thought about that before! bloody idiots. I was an 80's kid so i love all that 80's cheese and over the top acting and set design. but after watching the first film at the cinema i have found a new love and respect for it. I can't wait to see the new film tomorrow night.
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!