Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Action & Adventure
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st May 2010, 12:22 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
I'd say this is the about the best version of DW2 to buy individually.
Unless that disc is different to the current Dutch dvd of DW2 then don't buy it as its cut to pieces.

Its listed on Amazon as uncut but actually is cut more severely than either the UK or US versions.

When I got it the seller insisted it was uncut as he'd been told it was but he later admitted the mistake when he compared it to another version

The only uncut version I've had is the Australian one which is actually coded for R2 aswell so you don't need to be multiregion.

The double bill has been available for under £20 so its worth a punt

The Dutch boxset is even worse with 3,4 and 5 not even being anamorphic.

You need the Euro MGM releases for those
Old 31st May 2010, 04:32 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelings View Post
Unless that disc is different to the current Dutch dvd of DW2 then don't buy it as its cut to pieces.

Its listed on Amazon as uncut but actually is cut more severely than either the UK or US versions.

When I got it the seller insisted it was uncut as he'd been told it was but he later admitted the mistake when he compared it to another version
I used to own that DW2 dvd and it was definately uncut.Released by Columbia,it contains the exact same version as the Australian dvd,also from Columbia.
Old 31st May 2010, 07:57 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
I used to own that DW2 dvd and it was definately uncut.Released by Columbia,it contains the exact same version as the Australian dvd,also from Columbia.
This is the Dutch boxset listed on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Dea...5335467&sr=8-3

Having bought the boxset I know that the version of DW2 in that box is cut to bits .

I had the Australian boxset of all 5 but sold it for an astronomical price and then intended to get the 5 films again.

The Dutch boxset was awful with cut and non anamorphic versions of the films- only DW1 was the standard version we all know.

When I was hunting the films down the one listed on ebay was not one that I saw , which is why I said that "unless its different to the one on Amazon".

Perhaps the ebay one is a more recent release.

Certainly for 3,4 and 5 I needed to track down what were then deleted MGM releases from Europe as the US ones were either 4:3 or cut .

If the ebay one is the same as the Oz one then at £7.99 its a bargain
Old 31st May 2010, 08:07 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah,that one I linked to on ebay was actually released a good few years ago and was eventauuly replaced with the version found in the boxset.
Old 31st May 2010, 09:12 PM
Cult Rookie

I think Death Wish 3 is one of the great trash classics of our time and a guaranteed crowd-pleaser every time it's shown in public. Winner-tastic stuff! I like Death Wish well enough but it's not dated well and my partner went into hysterics at the bottom-painting scene.
Old 3rd October 2010, 08:17 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

For any fans of Death Wish 3, Alex Winter talks about his role in it (along with talk about his other films) on this weeks Bagged and Boarded over at Smodcast.com
Old 10th October 2010, 10:41 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelings View Post
I had the Australian boxset of all 5 but sold it for an astronomical price.
I paid a small fortune for a brand new R4 DW box set off Ebay two or three years back. It's still sitting on one of my shelves sealed now!

I only picked up the R1 DVDs of the first four films for the trailers absent from the Australian releases.
Old 10th October 2010, 05:58 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Moseby View Post
I think Death Wish 3 is one of the great trash classics of our time and a guaranteed crowd-pleaser every time it's shown in public. Winner-tastic stuff! I like Death Wish well enough but it's not dated well and my partner went into hysterics at the bottom-painting scene.
Yeah, that gang, led by Jeff Goldblum was a joke! No credibility whatsoever. Funny though.

"I DON'T LIKE RICH C***TS!!"

Bottom Painting has never been so good...

I think Bronson's whole family gets shafted during the course of this film series. A fun and memorable set of films. Yes, the original does look very dated now. Still watchable I would say.
Old 13th October 2010, 01:47 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

My favourite is probably the first closely followed by the third. The second one ain't too bad - but it's quite a nasty film in its uncensored state, far nastier than any of the others. The attack and rape is very protracted and hard to watch, but certainly gives Kersey motive to go after the culprits. So I'd put DW2 as my third favourite. 4 and 5 are pretty much a waste of time. 4 has an interesting opening dream sequence in which Kersey wonders if in all his shenanigans he's become what he set out to oppose, but then the film fails to follow through on this intriguing premise. If they'd kept on that track, it could have been something special - almost a reinvention. But...alas...it wasn't to be.

I'd hate to be a friend of Kersey's though, bad things always seem to happen to them. In fact, if you follow all the films, he's probably the unluckiest man alive!
Old 13th October 2010, 09:07 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
My favourite is probably the first closely followed by the third. The second one ain't too bad - but it's quite a nasty film in its uncensored state, far nastier than any of the others. The attack and rape is very protracted and hard to watch, but certainly gives Kersey motive to go after the culprits. So I'd put DW2 as my third favourite. 4 and 5 are pretty much a waste of time. 4 has an interesting opening dream sequence in which Kersey wonders if in all his shenanigans he's become what he set out to oppose, but then the film fails to follow through on this intriguing premise. If they'd kept on that track, it could have been something special - almost a reinvention. But...alas...it wasn't to be.

I'd hate to be a friend of Kersey's though, bad things always seem to happen to them. In fact, if you follow all the films, he's probably the unluckiest man alive!
I'm sure you'd make it Daemonia, if you were a pal of Kersey's...
You'll be fine....

Like this? Share it using the links below!