Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th April 2009, 07:23 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I'm looking forward now to seeing what other artwork Arrow have to offer. They could make some quite nice collectible posters.... hint hint
Old 10th April 2009, 09:00 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

I've suggested posters so let's see if we can have 'em. As for calling Cemetery a giallo it's a bit naughty but it's... tidier shall we say!
Old 10th April 2009, 09:03 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

There is some provisonal artwork for Sleepless and Macabre on Play.com.

What intrigues me most about Sleepless, is that Play have the description reading as: "Totally uncut for the first time ever!" Now I thought that my MIA Video version was uncut (clocking in at 112 minutes), now Arrow's release is apparently 113 minutes (according to play - which could very well be wrong)... so anybody have any inside info on what this restored footage may be?
Old 10th April 2009, 09:09 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Yes... the whole 'Giallo' thing is a bit naughty, with HBTC and Macabre definitely not being Gialli. However looking at the cover of HBTC, it seems the 'Masters of Giallo' moniker is supposed to refer to the director rather than the film... we've got a Fulci, an Argento, and a (Lamberto) Bava coming up from Arrow, who to give them their due are all 'Masters of Giallo'... so it could be that...
Old 10th April 2009, 09:13 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

It is really a reference to the directors rather than the films per se - otherwise it could get sticky...
Old 10th April 2009, 09:27 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

So folks let's unveil the flipside of House by the Cemetery. I've re-attached the all-new front on the left for eazy comparison.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HousebytheCemeteryFrontSleeve.jpg (76.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg HousebytheCemeteryReverseSleeve.jpg (71.5 KB, 94 views)
Old 10th April 2009, 10:20 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
What intrigues me most about Sleepless, is that Play have the description reading as: "Totally uncut for the first time ever!" Now I thought that my MIA Video version was uncut (clocking in at 112 minutes), now Arrow's release is apparently 113 minutes (according to play - which could very well be wrong)... so anybody have any inside info on what this restored footage may be?
I haven't seen the MIA release but the film was never cut by the BBFC. The U.S R-rated version is a minute shorter apparently. The BBFC list the running times for the MIA release at 112m 21s and the Arrow one at 112m 12s.

Play have possibly confused the blurb with House By The Cemetery (which is definitely uncut here for the first time).
Old 10th April 2009, 10:21 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I have to admit I do like... but I don't think I'll be purchasing this one as I have the Special Limited (to 2000) Collector's Edition from EC which has an ultrabit transfer and is almost impossible to top... but I know how important this release will be to the UK horror market with it being the first uncut release of the film over here.

Arrow do a good package as well. I have their 2 Disc releases of Romero's Day of the Dead and Martin, and both are excellent. Keep up the great work Arrow!
Old 10th April 2009, 10:23 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
I haven't seen the MIA release but the film was never cut by the BBFC. The U.S R-rated version is a minute shorter apparently. The BBFC list the running times for the MIA release at 112m 21s & the Arrow one at 112m 12s.

Play have possibly confused the blurb with House By The Cemetery (which is definitely uncut here for the first time).
Thanks for the clarification... I did think it was weird. No need to prep my MIA discs to be used as coasters after all...
Old 11th April 2009, 12:14 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I just get a blank square with a 'X' in the corner when I click on the reverse cover.
Not that it maters though as i'll be opting for the new artwork.

Any 'Lenzi's' planned by ARROW in the future.?

Like this? Share it using the links below!