Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th April 2011, 06:00 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

I'm glad I found this thread. Sunday night/Monday morning Film Four aired House By the Cemetery and I recorded it. This afternoon I checked it out and to my intense horror discovered that somebody had recoloured the opening and end credits, and intertitles. Instead of the brilliant white I remembered, the credits were now an appalling pinky-white. They looked as though they had been digitally done, though very inefficiently, almost as though a child had tried colouring in the white letters with felt pens of differing shades of red.

I decided to check the versions of the film I own. The Vampix pre cert - brilliant white, just as I remembered the cinema print having back in the day. The EC DVD and EC Ultrabit DVD - also brilliant white.

And then I checked the Arrow DVD. Exactly the same as the Film Four print. I spoke to a friend on another forum who confirmed Anchor Bay's release also suffers from this awful effect.

This might seem minor to some people, but to someone who has been a Fulci fan for 30 years, and collected House by the Cemetery on every format and from a number of different countries, to suddenly see it treated with such disrespect is pretty much sacriligeous.

Has anyone else noticed this, and does anyone know why the Arrow and Anchor Bay discs have had this awful treatment?
Old 15th April 2011, 02:53 AM
Cult Acolyte

I also remember the credits being white on other releases, I have no idea why they're that reddish colour now.It's obvious though that Arrow have used the Anchor Bay print for their DVD release.It doesn't really bother me in the slightest tbh.
Old 15th April 2011, 06:28 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
I don't rate De Rossi's make-up FX for HBTC much, to me Dr.Freudstein was a pretty sloppy creation, nowhere near as good as some of his make-up FX from Zombie Flesh Eaters.The bat attack was also pretty silly, but the gore FX, as usual, were good.
I really liked the Freudstein creation. I thought it looked pretty unique.
Old 19th April 2011, 12:16 PM
Active Cultist

man, freudstein is awesome! a hideous rotting old blob head with the coolest name ever slicing the living shit out of anyone who comes near him. rock on brother!
now, how about that bluray arrow?
Old 19th April 2011, 12:17 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
man, freudstein is awesome! a hideous rotting old blob head with the coolest name ever slicing the living shit out of anyone who comes near him. rock on brother!
now, how about that bluray arrow?
I'm not sure they'd dare! Fulci and Blu-ray is scarier than Freustein!
Old 19th April 2011, 12:22 PM
Active Cultist

aw, really? has the beyond debacle made them wary?
you see silly haters!? see what you're incessant whining does? ahem.
ah well, i guess i'll stick with the more than adequate arrow dvd, and i kind of love the rubbish frezza dubbing in a perverse kind of way. maybe one day i'll see the italian dub. *dreams*
Old 19th April 2011, 12:29 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
aw, really? has the beyond debacle made them wary?
you see silly haters!? see what you're incessant whining does? ahem.
ah well, i guess i'll stick with the more than adequate arrow dvd, and i kind of love the rubbish frezza dubbing in a perverse kind of way. maybe one day i'll see the italian dub. *dreams*
I've been warning clients off doing Blu-rays - it's too much grief, a very complex medium compared to DVD and eye wateringly expensive to do.
Old 19th April 2011, 01:04 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

But Blu-ray is the future, Almar. I'm a bit disappointed to hear that you're warning clients off from putting out product on BD. That saddens me as a collector of films on BD.
robertzombie likes this.
Old 19th April 2011, 01:19 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
But Blu-ray is the future, Almar. I'm a bit disappointed to hear that you're warning clients off from putting out product on BD. That saddens me as a collector of films on BD.
I'm not sure that's the case for the majority of the movie buying public, especially in the current economic climate.I still buy lots of DVDs even if there is a Blu-ray equivalent available.I'm just not interested in double dipping on certain titles that I have on perfectly watchable, cheap, extras stuffed DVDs.I'm not particularly keen on lining Sony's pockets either!
Old 19th April 2011, 01:19 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I don't buy dvds anymore unless it is a totally obscure title.

Blu ray is the way!!

Like this? Share it using the links below!